Might & Magic 10; been in development for years + teaser

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 24 Dec 2013, 19:59

unknownone wrote:That's MMX official game release, I was asking about the fan project, the one that MMXAlamar was leading
OH! sorry Misunderstood the question, yes MMX is technically still going but its not called MMX anymore but Children of the Void and Updates can be found here https://www.facebook.com/childrenofthevoid, however the game has been on Hiatus since September when school started.
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

unknownone
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby unknownone » 26 Dec 2013, 10:12

Thank you! I hope they will find time again to progress!
I've played and enjoyed many RPGs:
MM6,MM7,MM8,MM9, Fallout 1&2, Planescape Torment, Torment: ToN, TES3, TES4

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 31 Dec 2013, 16:52

the beavers1 wrote:however the game has been on Hiatus since September when school started.
uh-oh, that sound like the ordinary death blow to me.
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

Aporiia
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

wow

Unread postby Aporiia » 01 Jan 2014, 22:57

a return of this series would be beyond legendary, I definitely look forward to its coming!
Keep up the good work B-)

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 01 Jan 2014, 23:19

Talin_Trollbane wrote:
the beavers1 wrote:however the game has been on Hiatus since September when school started.
uh-oh, that sound like the ordinary death blow to me.
It would suck for all that work to go to waste, but with MMX comming out and Legend of Erthia: armageddon still alive, we have other great projects to look forward to. I do hope its not dead though.
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

Super Goober
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Super Goober » 27 Feb 2014, 17:31

Might and Magic X: Children of the Void is dead. Development has stopped for good, I'm afraid as the team disbanded last year. But I do have some good news.

Tim Lang, level designer from New World Computing, has confirmed that there's a new project on the way for a spiritual successor to Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven.

The game is intended to recapture the essence of MM6 inside a new franchise. Commencement will begin after the two other projects already in progress are finished.

As far as development is concerned, we're taking you back to 1998. :)

-- Ryan Smith
Sound Designer at Brrapp Games

orzie
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby orzie » 04 Jun 2014, 10:40

If only they provided all their developments to a willing team of enthusiasts... I cannot forgive myself for not playing as a Genie or Anubis-like guy.

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 08 Jun 2014, 22:00

I heard it won't be a team-based game anymore though (so one character), and the setting will closer to something steampunkish than the classical fantasy with some endgame Ancients twist?

orzie
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby orzie » 09 Jun 2014, 04:02

It has become a game unrelated to MM series without any MM asset in it, and its seduction to me personally has been decimated.

orzie
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby orzie » 21 Sep 2014, 07:07

Hey, dudes. If the project is dead, why don't someone release the graphics to a public access? Perhaps it can still have chances to be used. The Genie portrait and the animation for it is exceptional!

I guess I could even try to develop her full form further in future. The current one is looking a bit WIP.

Return to “Might and Magic”