Might & Magic 10; been in development for years + teaser

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 19 Oct 2009, 18:07

GreatEmerald wrote:Ther already are Guilds of Bounty Hunters. But yea, they could be improved, usually none of those creatures are around to kill.
They almost useless.

My idea is we can set a rank of quest which lead to rank of fame, money and item.

Normally you start with level F of rank. After series of deadly quest you will get into SS rank which contain many good items. There so many things we can do with this type.

It could be much fun when quest is random and wide range of consequences (which so association with MMX chaos point). For example, one quest for killing a dragon. Some of these consequences might happen. You kill it or you hit the dragon until it talking to you. The dragon will give you something instead of kill it. Of course you will fail this quest. However you will gain something different in next series quest :D. Exploration is waiting for you

Sorry for bad english :D

Vector
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Vector » 17 Nov 2009, 20:37

Answering some questions:
GreatEmerald wrote:Wow, what a huge topic. Anyway, I guess there's no harm in asking, even if it was answered earlier...
How will the adventuring interface look like? TBH I really like MM6/MM7 style more than MM8, with a sidebar instead of a small bar at the top, and two rows of easily understandable icons. Since it's based on MM7, I guess we'll have something like it?
Yes, adventuring interface will be much like MM6 and MM7, though the design will be based on MM8.
GreatEmerald wrote:Also, talking about the sci-fi part... I'd really like to see an old classic from MM2 reintroduced: Photon Blade. Kinda like a lightsaber I guess, and very fast.
I love weapon ideas, especially ones from the older games. I will make this weapon and put it in MMX. Looks like it’s fast, expensive, and gives a boost in Might according to my research.
koval321 wrote:Sword should take two squares wide from inventory space, my first impresion about cloak in inventory was that it look like book. Anyway good idea to take stuff from heroes, and thanx that someone make efforts to continue M&M serie.

uh BTW i dont like many innovations which appear in mm8 and am wonder if you want to add even more
The inventory square issue is just because the 00FCFC cyan color has not been sized up. Once it has been, the sword will take up a regular amount of squares.

Interface of MM10 will be much like MM6 and MM7.
Konfuzius wrote:I also hope that two hand weapons will get a little "boost". I mean the 2 handed swords were mostly useless.

And could you tell us the pros and cons of each race?
Pros and Cons of each race have not yet been decided. Two-handed weapons will be slightly more useful in MMX. Though I’m sure if you hunted long enough, no matter how good a two-handed weapon was, you could always find a better combo for a weapon in each hand.
Variol wrote:I would like to see the ability to have have 2 axes, or maces, instead of just swords as well. Maybe it could be a GM benefit?
Though I think it would be visually appealing, I don’t think we will be going in that direction with MMX.
GreatEmerald wrote:There was an interesting suggestion on YouTube somewhere for a mod like this... Is it possible to implement the same animation that people do when they dodge chest traps to the actual dodging skill once you get the skill to avoid physical damage?
I believe this is already implemented in the game. For example, if you get shot with an arrow, you can dodge if your skill is high enough. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but I could have sworn this happens in MM7.
phamlongtuan wrote:I've just have an idea of "random quest" guild.

They aims to be more real life since quest could come from hunter guild.

Normally people will come to a guild, set a rank of quest and willing to pay (from F to SS i suggest). We can do this quest from guild and get money and fame. More rank you have more open quest you will get.

However, if people do not like this kind of guild (but i think they are great). We can set them out as a information guild. You can come here, pay a small amount of money and get information of quest from town, castle.
We’d like to have some interesting guild ideas. We have a few being tossed around, but nothing is definite other than the standard ones. MM6 had the best guild ideas in my opinion.
||\............/||_||\............/||_\\.....//
||..\......../..||_||..\......../..||__\\.//
||....\..../....||_||....\..../....||__//.\\
||......\/......||_||......\/......||_//.....\\

Might and Magic X: The Anduran Saga
Official Website: http://www.mightandmagic10.thegaminguniverse.com/

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 17 Nov 2009, 22:30

Vector wrote:I love weapon ideas, especially ones from the older games. I will make this weapon and put it in MMX. Looks like it’s fast, expensive, and gives a boost in Might according to my research.
Yay, thanks! Looking forward to seeing it :)

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 18 Nov 2009, 00:35

I was thinking about making two-handed weapons more useful... Maybe instead of the general Armsmaster skill you could have three different skills depending on your fighting style: Shield, Dual-wield, and Two-handed Weapon. Shield would be your most defensive choice, dual-wield in between and two-handed weapon most offensive. Example:

Shield
B: +1*skill defense
E: no recovery speed penalty from using shield
M: +2*skill defense
GM: +4*skill defense

Dual-wield
B: +1*skill defense (your off-hand weapon can parry attacks just like a shield, just not as good)
E: no recovery penalty from dual-wielding
M: +1*skill chance to hit (you've learned to confuse the enemy by making false attack movements, so he doesn't know which weapon to defend from)
GM: Doubles previous bonusses

Two-handed Weapon
B: +1*skill damage
E: no recovery penalty from wielding a two-handed weapon
M: +1*skill chance to hit
GM: doubles previous bonusses

The dual wield skill only applies when dual-wielding, and two-handed weapon skill only applies when using a two-handed weapon. This would replace the Armsmaster skill.

---

Something else I always found curious is how every character uses a bow as ranged weapon. Honestly I can't imagine anything but an Archer or Ranger using a bow.. It would be more realistic if Knights, Thieves and Monks would use throwing weapons for instance. A cleric or paladin would probably use a crossbow, while the Sorcerer would use a wand. So maybe add more different types of ranged weapons instead of just the bow (and make a crossbow skill?).
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Agaric
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Agaric » 24 Nov 2009, 15:18

Just registered to bump this for great justice.

Keep up the good work, can't wait to see the endproduct!

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 24 Nov 2009, 16:04

so, how long until release? 2 years?
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 24 Nov 2009, 16:21

Agaric wrote:Just registered to bump this for great justice.
What happen?
Someone set up us the bomb.
We get signal !
Main screen turn on.
It's you !
How are you gentlemen?
All your base are belong to us.
What !
A-a-a
You have no chance to survive made your time.
For great justice.
:)

Can't believe I could remember that whole thing..

Any progress? <insert hopeful smiley>
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 24 Nov 2009, 16:34

:-D i got the same flash movie clip :hoo:
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

jeff4815
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby jeff4815 » 05 Dec 2009, 14:58

Heh, sorry I keep saying I'll continue to help but not acting on it. School's been taking up most of my time.

About at what stage is this at now?
And there was much rejoicing...
"You want a piece of me?!"
Ithilgore trying to Identify a Dragon: "Haven't seen one before..."

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 07 Dec 2009, 15:31

One more idea from the earlier MM games - cursed items. Failed enchantments could make items not only broken, but also cursed, and random equipment that you find could also be cursed. They can't be unequipped normally, only by visiting a temple, and the curse adds a 'cursed' status for as long as you wear the cursed item. That wold make item ID more important.
There could be cursed artifacts and relics as well, giving you a huge boost in power but allowing you to use it only for a limited time and having you pay the temple each few days.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 07 Dec 2009, 17:45

Good idea. I also propose 'Curse item' ability for monsters and 'Uncurse Item' Light spell for Sorcerers and Clerics. The more caster proficient in Light Magic the stronger curse he can remove.
Note that there're three possiblities for uncursing:
1) A cursed item is instantly removed. (MM1, HoMM:PoL)
2) A cursed item loses 'cursed' status. (MM3-5)
3) A cursed item remains cursed, but is put to character's backpack, allowing to sell it.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 07 Dec 2009, 19:27

Is this thread the same as this?:
http://www.thegaminguniverse.com/forum/ ... oard=211.0

I ask because I'm wondering why no updates are posted there instead; or as well.

Vector
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Vector » 07 Dec 2009, 19:40

Variol wrote:Is this thread the same as this?:
http://www.thegaminguniverse.com/forum/ ... oard=211.0

I ask because I'm wondering why no updates are posted there instead; or as well.
Yes, that's us. Updates will be posted here and there. Actually, we have an update coming very soon.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 07 Dec 2009, 20:41

Tolich, I guess that if we want to have cursed artifacts, the only option is #3. Though I guess that the Cursed type should also be the opposite of the Antique type - make the cursed item sell for 10 times less than its original price. After all, nobody really wants to buy a cursed item, unless its virtually given away.

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 08 Dec 2009, 14:34

Talin_Trollbane wrote:so, how long until release? 2 years?
ahem.

Vector
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Vector » 08 Dec 2009, 17:55

Talin_Trollbane wrote:
Talin_Trollbane wrote:so, how long until release? 2 years?
ahem.
I don't believe we will take that long.

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 08 Dec 2009, 20:36

heh, you would make a good lawyer.

it was an answer, but still not an answer.

Vector
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Vector » 08 Dec 2009, 21:47

Talin_Trollbane wrote:heh, you would make a good lawyer.

it was an answer, but still not an answer.
Lol, I knew a response like that was coming. I know the answer you're looking for, but we don't have a tentative date yet as we still have a lot to do.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 09 Dec 2009, 00:38

And we cannot keepour promise to that date and get an angry mob :P...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 09 Dec 2009, 16:45

i dont like the idea about the cursed items, because you already have a condition named cursed (or you can be cursed), and works as a chance of failure in casting spells.

But i am not in the team so its up to you, anyway i dont care if you put it in because its something new and i always want to try new things :D

Return to “Might and Magic”