Might & Magic 10; been in development for years + teaser

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 13 Mar 2009, 13:36

So how's this going? I looked in around september and again around december, and it was looking good. Don't give up smile_teeth

BTW, anything in particular you guys looking for? Only messed around with Doom builder and source SDK and a little bit of radiant and from what I've been reading the editing looks a lot different from map editors, but ya never know. And do you guys have a story ideas e-mail? I could write some ideas for a quest/dungeon/random piece of geography or something.
Hey there, we are doing good. We got 1 opening for now that is : Event Language and Coding Developer: We need someone who is highly knowledgeable in hex and the event language utilized in Might and Magic 6, Might and Magic 7, and Might and Magic 8.
Main sotry is good as written by Corlagon, and quests are done by me (promotions done, now side-quests). Nice quest you made there. Geography is also beeing done. Sorry, but let us know if you are experienced with the event language...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 13 Mar 2009, 16:52

Well, that's off the top of my head. I like writing around midnight for some reason ...
Your story intrigues me :) I could definitely use some help or an opinion or two, so let me know if you're interested.

Armoured Blood
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Armoured Blood » 13 Mar 2009, 18:12

@ stormgiant: heh, thanks.

@darknessfood: uh no I've not tried anything with Hex. Damn I missed the opportunity >.<

@corlagon: Sure, I'm very interested in what the story for MM10 will be, and if I can help make it even a little better would be awesome. How would we do this, e-mails, messages on forums?

nutman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

website

Unread postby nutman » 13 Mar 2009, 19:25

Gidday, is the website going live soon? can't wait!
cheers
Nutman :)

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 13 Mar 2009, 20:01

@corlagon: Sure, I'm very interested in what the story for MM10 will be, and if I can help make it even a little better would be awesome. How would we do this, e-mails, messages on forums?
The project will have a forum of its own in a matter of weeks (or days, perhaps). If you join up there when it goes live, I'll contact you. :)

pirvix
Pixie
Pixie

Re: website

Unread postby pirvix » 13 Mar 2009, 22:21

nutman wrote:Gidday, is the website going live soon? can't wait!
cheers
Yes, very soon :)

along with lots of info
Might and Magic X official website:
http://www.mightandmagic10.thegaminguniverse.com/

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: website

Unread postby darknessfood » 13 Mar 2009, 22:56

pirvix wrote:
nutman wrote:Gidday, is the website going live soon? can't wait!
cheers
Yes, very soon :)

along with lots of info
Yup, we can'tgo back after that one. We have to finish it, or the internets will have our heads!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Herry Hardfoot
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Herry Hardfoot » 14 Mar 2009, 18:39

Armoured Blood wrote: ___________________________________________________________

"Go now, and do not worry overmuch regarding the troll-shades. We have beaten them back to the top of their tower every night, why should this night be any different? My rams and I will break through for you, but take a few swings if you wish!"
That's a fantastic story! You really have some talent. One tiny quibble, which is that rams are male sheep--minotaurs should have bulls and cows...(just in case a version of this makes it into the game). ;)

Obsessing over details like this is why I'm better at bean-counting than writing.

Armoured Blood
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Armoured Blood » 14 Mar 2009, 21:36

heheh, I'm not sure why I put rams, must've been thinking eragon for some reason.

cortisan
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby cortisan » 15 Mar 2009, 03:19

Vector this is a great project I really look forward to its completion, I have been looking for a new game in the same style as 6 to 8 for a long time! From what I have read I cant really offer much in the way of improvement other than diversifying weapon skills so that they aren't typically the same i.e. the the skills should become more relative to weapon type. To explain further Ill give an example; dagger skill as the dagger is a quick weapon type the effects of expertise, mastery and grand mastery should reflect this, maybe this could be through special attacks that come with expertise. I know what I am asking is a lot, its just an idea that I thought would be interesting. :) cheers anyway!

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 15 Mar 2009, 10:43

I've been playing MM1 a la emulator for about a week now. Can you desperate boys and girls!?

I don't know how I even got through that game back in the day. It's almost impossible to remember how to get anywhere. 5 steps forward, turn left, 3 steps forward.. :(

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 15 Mar 2009, 22:38

I've been playing MM1 a la emulator for about a week now. Can you desperate boys and girls!?

I don't know how I even got through that game back in the day. It's almost impossible to remember how to get anywhere. 5 steps forward, turn left, 3 steps forward.. sad
you grew up, ive noticed the same, back in the days i could sit infront of my C64 and play and draw maps and notes all day from early morning to late night, now if i sit infront of the computer for like 2 hours i get real stiff and tired. :)
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

Vector
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Vector » 16 Mar 2009, 20:02

Well guys, it has been long overdue, but we have a lot of new information for you. This is quite a big update, and there are a few new developments worth mentioning; we also have some good news, and sadly it will be followed by some bad news… sorry, but our team knew it was coming.

Let’s go ahead and get the good news out in the open. We will be incorporating Vori and its’ capital city Volee into the game. It has been an idea under contemplation for quite some time, but we were holding out on discussing it due to the amount of extra time that would be needed to add this area. This brings us to the bad news: in doing so, this will delay our release. At this point, we will not speculate how much added time will be required, but when we can more appropriately pinpoint a time frame, you all will be the first to know. The delay is regrettable, but we as a team feel that the added features will far outweigh the delay in release. That’s all the bad news we have for this update.

Our website is now up and running thanks to Pirvix; he did a wonderful job. This also means this update will be our last on Celestial Heavens; all future updates will now be posted on the MMX website (Please use the link on the bottom of this post). We will still post here informing you all of future updates. There is a multitude of new information, downloads, tutorials, utilities, journals, screenshots and the much anticipated game introduction available on the site. Please sign up at the forums to discuss the game and voice your opinions, ideas, and suggestions; most of our developers will visit the forums on a daily/periodic basis. This will also allow us to answer your question and respond to your suggestions easier; this thread is nearly 40 pages long and it’s quite hard to keep track of everything. Keep an open eye on the news section, as new developments will be posted there.

The storyline is nearing completion and Darknessfood is working up some side quests now that the he’s done with the promotion quests. Graphics are still coming along nicely, and hopefully with the next update, we can provide you images of the new game interface. For now, our last preliminary screenshots have been posted on our website. Also, we do have an open position on the team, please see the website if interested.

Many thanks to Corlagon, Darknessfood, and Pirvix for all their help in getting us this far. Also, thanks to the fans for all your support. We will still visit this site and answer any questions you may have. Thanks!

The link to the MMX website is: http://www.mm10.webs.com/

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 16 Mar 2009, 21:29

Okay, I think we need a new forum. The built-in one is clunky and refuses to let me post. :|

Vector
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Vector » 16 Mar 2009, 21:36

Corlagon wrote:Okay, I think we need a new forum. The built-in one is clunky and refuses to let me post. :|
The forum is recovering; it was down earlier, so the fact that we can actually post is good news. It's been having technical difficulties.

pirvix
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pirvix » 16 Mar 2009, 21:48

Yes, it's postable now. Just be patient when waiting for your post to appear
Might and Magic X official website:
http://www.mightandmagic10.thegaminguniverse.com/

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 16 Mar 2009, 23:47

Vector wrote:This brings us to the bad news: in doing so, this will delay our release. At this point, we will not speculate how much added time will be required, but when we can more appropriately pinpoint a time frame, you all will be the first to know. The delay is regrettable, but we as a team feel that the added features will far outweigh the delay in release. That’s all the bad news we have for this update.
Eh. This is not bad news. It's only good news imo. The longer it takes, the better it will be :)
As for release dates... just don't give us estimates, and we won't have to be sad when you don't come through with it.

Now to check out that website! :D

jeffh
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby jeffh » 17 Mar 2009, 04:40

Macros the Black wrote:
Vector wrote:This brings us to the bad news: in doing so, this will delay our release. At this point, we will not speculate how much added time will be required, but when we can more appropriately pinpoint a time frame, you all will be the first to know. The delay is regrettable, but we as a team feel that the added features will far outweigh the delay in release. That’s all the bad news we have for this update.
Eh. This is not bad news. It's only good news imo. The longer it takes, the better it will be :)
As for release dates... just don't give us estimates, and we won't have to be sad when you don't come through with it.

Now to check out that website! :D
This.

I wasn't holding my breath waiting for a release. That's not an expression of cynicism about the MMX project, I just mean I'm not in such a huge rush to play it that I must have it NOW. When it comes, it comes. I'll play it, and if it's anywhere even close to good I'll be happy to have done so. Meanwhile, I have no lack of other things that need doing. It's all good.

Armoured Blood
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Armoured Blood » 17 Mar 2009, 07:22

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, more stuff. Will check it out. And as long as you guys keep working on it and don't leave it in limbo for a month I'm happy, distancing yourself from a project will make you eventually stop working on it ... So keep up the good work B-)

Vector
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Vector » 18 Mar 2009, 13:19

Just letting you all know that the MMX site will have a forum swap since the current one is so buggy. I've looked at the new one and it's much better. This change should be incorporated shortly.

Return to “Might and Magic”