Might & Magic 10; been in development for years + teaser

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 28 Feb 2009, 13:28

You can delete your own post you know ;).
I got a microphone, so no worries there Pirvix :).
We had a music guy, but haven't heard from him in ages, so perhaps you can send us some music files :), if what you say is true, we should have some great music!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

pirvix
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pirvix » 28 Feb 2009, 13:37

Well I don't think that it matters so much about voice comment, so we'll just see, if I don't get a microphone in time I'll just add some text comments ;)
Oh I can already smell the beta version going trought the recorder and into a video clip file written from long and complex binary codes :oex:
Might and Magic X official website:
http://www.mightandmagic10.thegaminguniverse.com/

kaan_dt
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kaan_dt » 28 Feb 2009, 20:31

OMG now we have a composer :)) God I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm still listening to mm6&7&8 and HOMM 3 soundtracks.. Perfect!

skinothetis1
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby skinothetis1 » 28 Feb 2009, 23:47

Just a little comment for theroyalbard.
Zeus and Athena are not "godly creatures", they are actually Gods themselves ;)
Other than that.I play guitar for 15 years but in a heavy metalish way, so that's why am not a volunteer. Except if you would like the title to be called Mighty Metal & Magic
:mad: :D
You have nowhere to run Sheltem. Nore do you!You motherf$#(*@ device!!

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 01 Mar 2009, 01:06

skinothetis1 wrote:Just a little comment for theroyalbard.
Other than that.I play guitar for 15 years but in a heavy metalish way, so that's why am not a volunteer. Except if you would like the title to be called Mighty Metal & Magic
Yeah, do a run like I did :P.
Anyway, the new member read my work, he pretty much liked it, and he also told me that some new stuff was going on in te MM universe.Maybe it's a bit controversial.
I was thinking about the project we are working on, and perhapswe can find a way to contact J van Caneghem, tell him about our work. It would be cool to hear something from him. How do the Celestialpeople think about this? Anybody knw a way to reach him?

theroyalbard
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Location: Asia, just explore it and make sure you put Lloyd's beacon if you found it!

Unread postby theroyalbard » 01 Mar 2009, 01:25

Well hey... Might and Magic I, II, III, V, VI, VII and VIII all had "Star Wars" endings, so... :D
Yeah I've noticed that. Well maybe it's really the tradition of MM and it's inevitable to end like that.. so yeah. :)

theroyalbard
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Location: Asia, just explore it and make sure you put Lloyd's beacon if you found it!

Unread postby theroyalbard » 01 Mar 2009, 01:31

darknessfood wrote:You can delete your own post you know ;).
I got a microphone, so no worries there Pirvix :).
We had a music guy, but haven't heard from him in ages, so perhaps you can send us some music files :), if what you say is true, we should have some great music!
darknessfood, so you're one of the 'voices' in the game right?

Yes I will send a sample file soon if you say so : )

theroyalbard
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby theroyalbard » 01 Mar 2009, 01:42

Well perhaps we should not confuse God and gods, but if you believe in polytheism then that's fine :) . They were actually born in some way (see history) hence they are creatures - with godly powers.

Really? I can't believe I have a co-metalhead here! Maybe we can collaborate and make a Mighty Metal & Magic soundtrack . haha :D

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 01 Mar 2009, 01:56

theroyalbard wrote:Really? I can't believe I have a co-metalhead here! Maybe we can collaborate and make a Mighty Metal & Magic soundtrack . haha :D
Metalheads are everywhere, we are taking over the internet.. oy fuck I said too much :devious:

Anyway, sounds like you're the perfect person for the music! Any chance we get to hear something you made? :D

theroyalbard
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby theroyalbard » 01 Mar 2009, 02:04

darknessfood wrote:
Anyway, the new member read my work, he pretty much liked it, and he also told me that some new stuff was going on in te MM universe.Maybe it's a bit controversial.
I was thinking about the project we are working on, and perhapswe can find a way to contact J van Caneghem, tell him about our work. It would be cool to hear something from him. How do the Celestialpeople think about this? Anybody knw a way to reach him?
I've watched it but I also accidentally watched your other vids. Funny we have a retard working in MMX. <- NO don't take that seriously, actually I'm a crazy person too!

I know mr. Caneghem's working and the leader in this company called Trion World Network. Maybe there's some way to contact him in that site.

Sorry next time I'll group the quotes and reply to them in one message!

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 01 Mar 2009, 02:31

Imo the blonde girl sings better than Anetta. But it may be I just like her accent :)

Edit: sorry, getting kinda off-topic this way :P

Stryfer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Stryfer » 01 Mar 2009, 10:32

The idea of godly creatures sounds fun! As a boss or 2, they could be nice. If they dont fit in the MM universe, you could make a similar creature and give it a parodic name - that type of boss definetly belongs in MM :D

P.S. I'm a metalhead bassist if you need one :devil:

pirvix
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pirvix » 01 Mar 2009, 16:31

darknessfood wrote:
Well, you could use my name you know :D Somebody may actually think, that you meant theroyalbard............

And yes it would be interesting if we had godly boss battles :-D Like battling Zeus, or maybe Kronos or perhaps even Ra :devil:

cirion
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

keen to do my part

Unread postby cirion » 01 Mar 2009, 18:48

i am a massive m&m fan (excluding ix which is a travasty, and then DM which was a middle finger to M&M fans) if there is anything i a non- computer savy person can do i am keen and knowledgable in most areas, i know its late to joining the crew but this wasnt the easiest forum to find from M&M official site. im still only on page 11 reading my way through all the posts so i dont know if its been said already but have u spoken to ubisoft about this to perhaps get there backing or at the very least be able to use them for marketing on there website for example? coz there is no doubt that fans will swarm for this, but it would be truly great if we could increase our fan base. like i said im no programmer but i hold a degree in biology and have at apx 70-80 free hours a week. if i can help i would be delighted if i cant, then i wait eagerly with everyone else to download or purchase our masterpiece.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 01 Mar 2009, 23:50

Fuck! Accidentally pressed the Previous Page button in the browser just when I was almost done typing a pretty long post. I hate it when that happens :mad:

Anyway.. as I was saying, cirion is right. There's no point in not telling Ubisoft about this project, since they'll probably find out anyway when it's a success. And then at least you'd know about any problems with copyright or whatever in advance, and you can try and get past it (if needed by changing the name and promoting it as a "mod" instead of as a "game", even though everyone will know it's not just a mod ;)).

@darknessfood:
JVC works for Trion. There's an email address on the bottom of this page, that should be his direct email address for that company. Might not be the best way of approaching him (through his new job I mean) though.

Also, maybe you want to contact Tim Lang instead, or contact JVC through Tim Lang? As I read in an interview that he was helping the Might and Magic Tribute project (which I assume was abandoned?). Although you'd probably have to ask the MM Tribute guys about that :P

Vector
Pixie
Pixie

Re: keen to do my part

Unread postby Vector » 02 Mar 2009, 18:20

theroyalbard wrote:Greetings and salutations!

First of, I would like to thank everyone who's into this at the very beginning. I was reading this thread last night from the very first page up to here and I'm quite overwhelmed by all the people who want to support this project and the I'm feeling the power you guys have. Just like you cast a Day of the Gods+Hour of Power in GM level with a 100 skill points in Light magic (I know that's ridiculous).

I'm an avid fan of the Might and Magic series since I was 10 and my personal favorites are MM3 and MM6 (now I'm playing it again since I never finished this game). I have defeated MM7&8 with all the time I need to give in order to have all my characters in their supreme state (meaning in 80+levels equipping the finest artifacts/relics/magic items) but still in the very least amount of gameplay time. I really took time enjoying all of it until I stumbled upon mm9..and I don't want to discuss about it. Sorry.

I'm also into the HOMM series 2&3, so that also gives me background of exploring Enroth in a different scale.

With all that mention above I can say I'm an experienced MM player, know quite a history of its world.

Having heard of this and noticing that only a few people tried to work into the Music Department of this promising project, I would therefore volunteer myself into helping you guys composing the music that will fit to 'our world'.

I'm studying at a College of Music here in the Philippines, majoring in Piano. Even if I'm not into the composition field, I already composed several classical/contemporay pieces just for my own interest. I'm also currently studying Band & Orchestration so creating a work for a string quartet or other music group can be work out.

Frankly, Rob King, Paul Romero et al were my inspiration in creating my compositions. I love their work; I love the New Sorpigal Theme: listening to the gentle harpsicord accompanied by strings, the piano that reminds you of the medieval/renaissance times and the energy of the orchestra (even if some are MIDIed they worked out perfectly). Their music really fits into the lands of peasants, flowers and dragons.

If you want to ask how the recording will do, well I have my synthesizer if a MIDI file will do. Or I'll just send you my work (the music sheets) and have it played then record there, or just let me record it with my musician friends in a small room and voila.
Thanks for your support! Your musical talents could definitely help us as we are in dire need of a new soundtrack for MMX. I will send you a PM regarding the subject.
cirion wrote:i am a massive m&m fan (excluding ix which is a travasty, and then DM which was a middle finger to M&M fans) if there is anything i a non- computer savy person can do i am keen and knowledgable in most areas, i know its late to joining the crew but this wasnt the easiest forum to find from M&M official site. im still only on page 11 reading my way through all the posts so i dont know if its been said already but have u spoken to ubisoft about this to perhaps get there backing or at the very least be able to use them for marketing on there website for example? coz there is no doubt that fans will swarm for this, but it would be truly great if we could increase our fan base. like i said im no programmer but i hold a degree in biology and have at apx 70-80 free hours a week. if i can help i would be delighted if i cant, then i wait eagerly with everyone else to download or purchase our masterpiece.
Many of us have thought about contact with UbiSoft, especially since they own the name-plate 'M&M.' But, the drawback is that I don't know if a major brand such as UbiSoft would care about a fan made game that uses graphics from the late 90's (Though I love it!).

I've also thought about contact with J van Caneghem or Tim Lang, but have never actually tried to get ahold of one of them (For all I know, they have better things to do than to deal with another M&M game, especially if Lang did help with M&M tribute since it doesn't look like it will ever be finished). It would be nice to have their support though.

Wow, I sound so negative in the two above paragraphs. :S

pirvix
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pirvix » 02 Mar 2009, 20:00

Well, I posted a thread about MMX on the official M&M forum, that is actually managed by Ubisoft, and the thread got 26 views and no replies.....I might be wrong but I think that Ubi is not interested in the project......

In other news, darknessfood, I got a microphone :D

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 02 Mar 2009, 21:37

Nice Pirvix, perhaps you can add me on msn so we can talk things over about the beta movie.
@Vector: Meh, you don't sound negative, just realistic :)!

EDIT: I just send out an e-mail. Let's hope there comes a response. Here is the mail:

Dear Mister van Caneghem.

My name is Marco van Hees. I come from the Netherlands.

Last year, I joined a team, a developers team. They needed a writer for a new project. That project is called Might and Magic X.

As fans, we found it horrible that 3DO went down. We loved the (Heroes of) Might and Magic series. We kept playing them, and so a lot of people more people (and most are still doing so).

A guy named Jeremy Morris and some of his friends decided to start making a new Might and Magic game, and it would be the 10th installment. It's going to use the same engine as 6, 7 and 8.

As we work towards an early beta, we were wondering if, the one that created the series, would have a couple of spare minutes and look into our work.

We would pretty much like to know if you like how the plot continues, or dislike it of course, and just how you feel about some things (like setting, main story, mail/promotion/side quests, that kind of stuff.

We know you are working on a new game, but as stated, you gave us hours of joy with the previous Might and Magic games, and we would like to continue the legacy that you started.

I hope a get a response from you, if not, too bad, but we have tried.

Best Regards,

Marco van Hees

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 02 Mar 2009, 21:53

Really good one, darkness :yes:

Hope you recieve an anwser :beg:

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 02 Mar 2009, 21:54

Thanks Storm, so do I :)...

Return to “Might and Magic”