Might & Magic 10; been in development for years + teaser

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 22 Dec 2008, 16:50

Could be 2009, or 2010 at the most...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

BrotherOtto
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Looks Fantastic!!

Unread postby BrotherOtto » 25 Dec 2008, 19:17

I am new to this forum but have been an MM fan since Xeen, it's good to hear that we have a revival in our midst, it is an excellent series!

Is there anything I can help with on the game. I do not have much prog knowledge (some C++), but I have been working with audio production/remastering for quite a few years.

I would be more than happy to make a monetary donation to the team on release as well.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 25 Dec 2008, 22:55

Wel, you maybe can start with composing some music, somebody is working on it, but it's nice if we can choose between music...

pirvix
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pirvix » 25 Dec 2008, 23:30

hello again everyone I've been off the forum for some time now but I'm back now

so............................a question if you would please:
you said that the game will pick of where mm8 ended, so this game will be on enroth, on the continent of Jadame? Isn't it destroyed by the sword of fros and armageddon's blade? Axeoth anyone?

Just asking (Don't get me wrong now I like enroth more than Axeoth myself just I don't see the story here)

p.s. Did you decide who will be named after me yet

:)

Edit: Is the planet that consists of the continents: Enroth, Antagarich and Jadame called Colony?
Last edited by pirvix on 26 Dec 2008, 13:04, edited 1 time in total.

BrotherOtto
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Music format

Unread postby BrotherOtto » 26 Dec 2008, 02:28

Are you looking for raw wav, mp3s, or another format for the finished pieces?

pirvix
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pirvix » 27 Dec 2008, 13:01

Meh, nevermind the questions from my last post. Got 'em all answered.

Vector
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Vector » 06 Jan 2009, 13:32

I hope you all had a good Christmas Vacation. I see there are a lot of unanswered questions here that need answering:
The Oracle wrote:Vector, thanks for the wonderful images. I can feel adrenaline building up in my veins as the game progresses. One thing, is there any armor/cloth that covers the legs?

Keep up and godspeed!
Some armors will, some armors won't; it will also depend on what the paper doll is wearing without armor that can play a factor. This armor will not obviously, but most characters already be wearing pants.
Variol wrote:I almost don't see want see these pics. It's painful!

I was wondering if it is possible to add a "sort" feature to the inventory, so that it automatically organizes everything to utilize all available space?
That would be a nice function, especially when you are looting lots of corpses, but it can't/won't be done in this game. We already have lots of work trying to get the general stuff out of the way. Sorry to dissapoint.
Macros the Black wrote:Looks great! Two things, though:

1. No pants?
2. The bow seems to go a bit too far to the right..
Yes, you all are right, the bow is a bit too far to the right, but no worries, these are not the defined coordinates of the items, only estimations. The bow will definitely need to be shifted though. Good catch.
Storm-giant wrote:The ice caverns looks freezing :-D I wonder what monster we'll find inside :creative:
The paper doll looks good, every item fits on her, except the bow, as Macros said is moved to the right.
One question, do you plan to add more monsters per map(if possible)?
Keep up the good work, you're on the right way :)
Are you refering to adding more monsters as in quantity? Yes we will.
vladimir-maestro wrote:The main question - will there be something new? Any new monsters that we didn't meet in mm6-mm8?
Our main intent was to use sprites from 6-8, though we will need to create a few new sprite sets which will be essential to the story. By the way, if I have not already mentioned it, great job on the sprites you've created! Very nice job.
jeff4815 wrote:It's Christmas break, so expect those idle dialogue things sometime soon, Vector.
Sounds good. Just send me an Email or PM me once you get them completed. Thanks.
pirvix wrote:hello again everyone I've been off the forum for some time now but I'm back now

so............................a question if you would please:
you said that the game will pick of where mm8 ended, so this game will be on enroth, on the continent of Jadame? Isn't it destroyed by the sword of fros and armageddon's blade? Axeoth anyone?

Just asking (Don't get me wrong now I like enroth more than Axeoth myself just I don't see the story here)

p.s. Did you decide who will be named after me yet

:)

Edit: Is the planet that consists of the continents: Enroth, Antagarich and Jadame called Colony?
Actually, Corlagon came up with a great idea involving the story, so Axeoth is involved more or less, but for the most part, this game takes place on a chain of islands on Enroth. Also, Enroth was scorched by the clash of the swords, but the story has a nice little twist here.

Nope, sorry, we havn't been naming any characters yet; that will probably be one of the last things we do.

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 06 Jan 2009, 20:10

Are you refering to adding more monsters as in quantity? Yes we will.
Yes and no.
Increasig the numbers of monsters would be a good idea, but my question was if other monsters could be added(for example, in Emerald Island adding bandits and/or goblins)
Keep up the good work! :-D

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 07 Jan 2009, 01:24

IM STILL AVAILABLE TO WRITE THE DIALOUGES!!! SO VECTOR GIVE ME A SHOUT! YOU JUST IGNORED ME AFTER SENDING ME FILES LAST TIME!!

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 13 Jan 2009, 17:11

@ Hero: Sorry I think that we have the writers staff completely filled up. I'll see if that is correct.

Furthermore, tonight, the Promotion Quests will be finished. They onl need aproval of the team and that segment of the game is done. When Finished, the Promotion quests will have the ammount of text that is like 27 pages (inclusing greetings, good/evil welcome, and such), so that's pretty much if I say so myself. Side quests will come after this one. Personaly I think that that part of the game is easier to write, and I can go all out creating quests lines (haven't seen a sum of side quests follow up in the MM series, so it's kind of new). Also I will discuss with the team of making some HARD dungeons. In every rpg you got some hardcore dungeons, so why not here...

Euhm, this was kinda of an update for now :), stay tuned people, there's probably more on the way!

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 13 Jan 2009, 18:29

Good to hear, darkness :-D
And about the hardcore dungeons, don't make them insanitily impossible dungeons, just difficult and quite time-spending(lots of tramps, monsters hiding in each corner, etc..)
Keep up the good work!

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 13 Jan 2009, 18:50

Yeah, that's why we need to discuss it a bit. See what options we have, and come up with ideas...

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 13 Jan 2009, 19:08

I hope you can change some of the dialog as well. I hate that half way through the game, all the items you find are referred to as crappy.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 13 Jan 2009, 20:06

You mean item discriptions? Whats wrong with it?

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 15 Jan 2009, 06:57

Lol! I think Variol means character audio speech. Like when you identify an item and your character says "It sucks!" in a whiny voice..

SO. I'm wondering if there is a new magic school perhaps? Other than what we've already seen in MM6-8.

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 15 Jan 2009, 09:01

Better than a new magic school I'd go to another master level: Basic(lvl 1)->Advanced(lvl 4)->expert(lvl 7)->master(lvl10)->grandmaster(lvl 14-15)
If possible of course.

Vidoja
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Vidoja » 15 Jan 2009, 19:07

I am currently shocked!
MMX! OMG...OMG...OMG....

*calms down*

Wooh.... So, how can a non-programmer help?
I could help with the storyline or anything else you need doing.
Just tell me where do you lack people and if I can help, I will.
Btw... Congratulations! This will give us all some MM spirit again.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 15 Jan 2009, 23:13

Vidoja, relax dude, take a prozac :P. Seriously, I'll see if there is some work for you. A lot is already busy, but I'll see and we let you know :)...

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 16 Jan 2009, 04:53

Vidoja wrote:I am currently shocked!
MMX! OMG...OMG...OMG....

*calms down*

Wooh.... So, how can a non-programmer help?
I could help with the storyline or anything else you need doing.
Just tell me where do you lack people and if I can help, I will.
Btw... Congratulations! This will give us all some MM spirit again.
I'm sorry if I'm not as excited as that guy. It's just that Heroes III Horn of the Abyss is going into open beta soon while this game is coming out "eventually."
Still excited though, because we all know that this is going to be better than whatever Ubisoft will do with the franchise next.
Back from the dead? Maybe.

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 16 Jan 2009, 16:43

Deadguy118 wrote: I'm sorry if I'm not as excited as that guy. It's just that Heroes III Horn of the Abyss is going into open beta soon while this game is coming out "eventually."
Still excited though, because we all know that this is going to be better than whatever Ubisoft will do with the franchise next.
not if they just do another Dark Messiah. i hope they dont use the name Might & Magic this time.
:disagree:
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

Return to “Might and Magic”