Might & Magic 10; been in development for years + teaser

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 22 Mar 2013, 07:26

Well, I think we can safely say now that after a decade, they decided to go along and make a true Might & Magic X. It is now time to worry. I wonder what will happen with this.
Game developers should be glad there is such projects, and just like in book/movie etc fiction there is always fan fiction, which unless author is pretentious snob is almost always if not even encouraged then at least silently allowed. Same is for games, and even more for game which have loyal community.
As for name- I think they should have chosen different one in first place(aside from IP thing, I think its unfair towards other projects like MMT and some other that were in making), well and now even more they should think of new one, or just call it children of the void.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 23 Mar 2013, 11:34

The positive is that another MM game could attract more people to the Community, possibly someone who's interested in modding and such ... Maybe you'll get some more peeps to help out on this?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 23 Mar 2013, 14:46

yeah, mayhaps you got abit of naming trouble now, that the real MMX is in production.
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 23 Mar 2013, 15:21

Children of the Void team is planning to move away from Might and Magic. The game is still being developed, but it will be set in its own universe. "Might and Magic X" name has been dropped, of course.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 23 Mar 2013, 16:41

XEL II wrote:Children of the Void team is planning to move away from Might and Magic. The game is still being developed, but it will be set in its own universe. "Might and Magic X" name has been dropped, of course.
Huh? Why?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 23 Mar 2013, 17:33

Yeah it could still be called M&M CotV.
Let me know if you want to change the topic title.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 23 Mar 2013, 19:58

XEL II wrote:Children of the Void team is planning to move away from Might and Magic. The game is still being developed, but it will be set in its own universe. "Might and Magic X" name has been dropped, of course.
Kinda defeats purpose of such fan project in first place. Basically people are expecting fan mm tie in rather than game "somewhat based on".

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 23 Mar 2013, 21:24

Hey, here's an idea, what about calling it what this topic title says - M&M 10 rather than M&M X? ;)

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 24 Mar 2013, 03:50

I understand dropping the name, but what the heck does moving away from Might and Magic mean? Won't it be an old universe Might and Magic game? If not, what's the purpose of it being made?

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 25 Mar 2013, 00:47

XEL II wrote:Children of the Void team is planning to move away from Might and Magic. The game is still being developed, but it will be set in its own universe.
8| That makes no sense! Noone has a right to stop a fan-made MM game from being set in the old universe.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 25 Mar 2013, 00:55

No, I don't think Ubi would mind a fan project, I think they'll like the fact that fans are so dedicated. If you want, I can ask them.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 25 Mar 2013, 02:47

I'm almost certain this was asked before they started in the first place and especially before they put the M&M name on it. Ubi had said they definitely weren't going to do a 10 until now, but I can't imagine them caring as there is no intent to sell. The only real thing that a dev team could get into trouble for would be using the name which was already cleared.

asterix15
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby asterix15 » 29 Aug 2013, 10:21

Is this project still alive? It looks promising. :-D

Xdarkon
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Xdarkon » 29 Aug 2013, 18:36

I'd like to know too.

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 04 Sep 2013, 14:57

Am guess after relase it will have name Might & Magic 11, or 12 because real M&M will be faster.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 04 Sep 2013, 16:14

You probably mean not `faster`, but `sooner`. People complains about lags in that Legacy.

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 05 Sep 2013, 19:15

Not optimized beta probably? Am would still like to play this mod because its not the same game, legacy will be turn based.

unknownone
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby unknownone » 24 Dec 2013, 00:37

Are there any updates on this fan project? What happened to it after MMX was announced? I hope it's still going on :-)
I've played and enjoyed many RPGs:
MM6,MM7,MM8,MM9, Fallout 1&2, Planescape Torment, Torment: ToN, TES3, TES4

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 24 Dec 2013, 02:33

unknownone wrote:Are there any updates on this fan project? What happened to it after MMX was announced? I hope it's still going on :-)
Its going to be released january 23rd, there was a video announcement that can be found here https://www.celestialheavens.com/index.php#1387410245
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

unknownone
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby unknownone » 24 Dec 2013, 10:21

That's MMX official game release, I was asking about the fan project, the one that MMXAlamar was leading
I've played and enjoyed many RPGs:
MM6,MM7,MM8,MM9, Fallout 1&2, Planescape Torment, Torment: ToN, TES3, TES4

Return to “Might and Magic”