Might & Magic 10; been in development for years + teaser

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 16 Aug 2010, 18:24

its already known, ScothDK.

also, this storyline change havent delayed anything have it?
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

Palomides
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Palomides » 20 Aug 2010, 12:52

read the first page and my face was like 8|

heard so much crap about fake mm10's, its amazing to see one is actually in the making.

the screenshots look AWESOME!

Vector
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Vector » 21 Aug 2010, 20:49

scothDK wrote:Yo guys, iam really happy your doing this to make MMX.

So been scouting the web and see what i found. Is Ubisoft in on this, if not
they are going to attack you guys from behind.
Its a danish site, just watch the movie below, says it all:

http://railgun.newz.dk/might-og-magic-r ... a-sig-igen

Seems UbiSoft is starting the MM-series again. 8|

scothDK
Yes, we've heard about this too, though that's a Heroes game and not a 'Might and Magic 10.' I don't believe it will impact us much.
Talin_Trollbane wrote:its already known, ScothDK.

also, this storyline change havent delayed anything have it?
No. The storyline change has not changed anything other than the story. This means no changes in layout, items, interface, etc, etc, etc.
Palomides wrote:read the first page and my face was like 8|

heard so much crap about fake mm10's, its amazing to see one is actually in the making.

the screenshots look AWESOME!
Thanks! Please feel free to read the other 49 pages when you have time :D
||\............/||_||\............/||_\\.....//
||..\......../..||_||..\......../..||__\\.//
||....\..../....||_||....\..../....||__//.\\
||......\/......||_||......\/......||_//.....\\

Might and Magic X: The Anduran Saga
Official Website: http://www.mightandmagic10.thegaminguniverse.com/

Vector
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Vector » 31 Aug 2010, 15:30

Update time; I’ll try to keep things short and sweet this time:

We were finally able to successfully create new textures and import them into the bitmaps LOD. This proved to be extremely difficult, at least for myself, due to all the palettes required. This was possible with the help of Vladimir, BDJ, and GrayFace & his utility. Obviously, the landscape still needs lots of work, but you get the general idea:

Corlagon and myself discussed some storyline issues, and he felt that these guys would be essential to the story for MMX as a playable character, so I whipped one up:

||\............/||_||\............/||_\\.....//
||..\......../..||_||..\......../..||__\\.//
||....\..../....||_||....\..../....||__//.\\
||......\/......||_||......\/......||_//.....\\

Might and Magic X: The Anduran Saga
Official Website: http://www.mightandmagic10.thegaminguniverse.com/

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 31 Aug 2010, 15:51

Looks like the Sentinel sfinx guy from the Tomb of Varn in mm6.

Looking good!
Last edited by Sure Valla on 17 Apr 2013, 20:54, edited 1 time in total.

Lord13
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Lord13 » 31 Aug 2010, 16:22

Damn, every time you make an update I want to scream "I wanna play!"
Hehe...good to hear you have progress, and is necessary to say I can't
wait for more news? :P

Btw, "Tomb of Varn"-like guys will be a new playable race? or NPCs
that you will recruit for some parts of the story?
Every man dies...
Every beast dies...
Only heroes live forever!

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 31 Aug 2010, 23:41

Lord13 wrote:Btw, "Tomb of Varn"-like guys will be a new playable race? or NPCs
that you will recruit for some parts of the story?
No such thing as far as I'm aware, so they look to be a completely playable race.

What character portraits/race did you remove to add these, Corlagon? Also, they are the Sentinels of VARN right?
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 01 Sep 2010, 14:19

Macros the Black wrote:What character portraits/race did you remove to add these, Corlagon?
Vector is in charge of 99% of the graphics and coding work, not me. He brought these up in conversation and I thought there would be plenty of room for them in the gameworld.

Lorewise yes, they are essentially the Sentinels of VARN (I don't think the ingame name for their race is set in stone yet).

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 01 Sep 2010, 14:28

Anubans? :)

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 01 Sep 2010, 14:33

Not quite so likely, there's no gods named Anubis on Enroth or Axeoth that I've ever heard of. :lol:

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 01 Sep 2010, 16:33

Corlagon wrote:
Macros the Black wrote:What character portraits/race did you remove to add these, Corlagon?
Vector is in charge of 99% of the graphics and coding work, not me. He brought these up in conversation and I thought there would be plenty of room for them in the gameworld.

Lorewise yes, they are essentially the Sentinels of VARN (I don't think the ingame name for their race is set in stone yet).
Lol I meant to ask Vector, dunno what the hell I was thinking. Probably because I was also asking a lore question :D

Should be an interesting race!
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Bowerbank
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bowerbank » 01 Sep 2010, 16:57

cool cool looking good and glad to see its still in progress :)

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 05 Oct 2010, 06:48

It look like true mm10, like this anubis race and few other inventions

Croix
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

A bit confused.

Unread postby Croix » 05 Oct 2010, 20:24

Corlagon wrote: Lorewise yes, they are essentially the Sentinels of VARN (I don't think the ingame name for their race is set in stone yet).
Weren't the Sentinels a bunch of robots that got smashed up in the sixth game? And wouldn't they need to be able to reproduce to be a race anyway? And wouldn't they need a thirst for adventure to playable?
Awesome image though.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Re: A bit confused.

Unread postby Macros the Black » 07 Oct 2010, 13:48

Croix wrote:Weren't the Sentinels a bunch of robots that got smashed up in the sixth game? And wouldn't they need to be able to reproduce to be a race anyway? And wouldn't they need a thirst for adventure to playable?
Awesome image though.
Pretty sure they're not robots.. The Fire Lord refers to one of them as a "creature".

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 07 Oct 2010, 14:49

Pretty sure they're not robots.. The Fire Lord refers to one of them as a "creature".
Well they might be just as well as not. They are not apparently technological as terminator drones but can also assume they are looking more organic to be less noticeable by regular residents of enroth, since true robots are only in core of Varn where actually noone is meant to go.
Then again they are tasked with guarding ship so go figure(also they are associated with genies that certainly aren't robots)
Most inhabitants including fire lord, I guess is ignorant to ancient technology so fact that he calls him creature cant really be taken literally.

skinothetis1
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby skinothetis1 » 08 Oct 2010, 05:27

Sentinels!!
I'm picking one up!

P.S.
Hey i don't know where else to share this and sorry but i just found out that Monkey Island 1 and 2 where re-produced.Yes just yesterday i found out and i was jumping up and down and hit my leg on a table!
So if the new year finds me playing M&M X it would be the best gaming years since...I don't know, 1994(Xeen time for me back then, just a little turd :P )?
You have nowhere to run Sheltem. Nore do you!You motherf$#(*@ device!!

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 09 Oct 2010, 15:38

I thought the elementals had been around since before the Silence, actually? Though this is assuming that they are immortal, they might not be.. The Firelord could be a decendant of the Firelord that was there during the Time of Wonders. But, didn't the elementals shape the planet or something in their wars against each other? I vaguely recall someone mentioning this a while back.

As for the "Sentinels of VARN", this could just be a name the inhabitants of Enroth have given them. They might just be a native species, them as well as the genies, that happen to have discovered the tomb of VARN and made it their homes.

Anyway, from checking out the MM6 playthrough of RPGenie, I find that these guys make organic sounds, spout blood when hit, and fall down to the ground as any regular corpse (rather than shortcircuiting or anything a robot would do when destroyed). So they're either creatures or maybe cyborgs, but definately not complete robots.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 10 Oct 2010, 09:36

Macros the Black wrote:But, didn't the elementals shape the planet or something in their wars against each other? I vaguely recall someone mentioning this a while back.

Anyway, from checking out the MM6 playthrough of RPGenie, I find that these guys make organic sounds, spout blood when hit, and fall down to the ground as any regular corpse (rather than shortcircuiting or anything a robot would do when destroyed). So they're either creatures or maybe cyborgs, but definately not complete robots.
Yeap. Might and Magic II manual.

Well, some of them are called Guardians IIRC, and Guardians (species) are all androids.

Croix
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Croix » 15 Oct 2010, 03:31

Makes sense, considering they were in a massive metal coffin for many years without food or water and completely ignore radiation poisoning. But can they reproduce?

Return to “Might and Magic”