Might & Magic 10; been in development for years + teaser

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 25 Jun 2010, 11:37

Can't really say something about that yet...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 25 Jun 2010, 11:42

Edit: sorry, a double post...

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 25 Jun 2010, 14:39

Vori has been destroyed, so if you're to revisit it, you'd have to do it through a flashback or something...

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 25 Jun 2010, 15:02

Marzhin wrote:Good idea :) That won't surprise you, but I always wanted to see more of Axeoth ^^
Well if it weren't for your cartography we probably couldn't have made heads or tails of what Lodwar looks like in the first place, so many many thanks :)

Based on the capacities of the engine and other obvious storyline issues it looks like Vori won't be appearing in the new concept. But who knows?

Vector
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Vector » 25 Jun 2010, 16:48

GreatEmerald wrote:Very nice, it will certainly be interesting to revisit all the new countries from HoMM4!

Oh, and about spells, will all of them be the same as in MM7? For one, I'd love to have the Prismatic Light from earlier MMs return (every creature on screen gets affected by a random spell or status ailment), instead of it being a carbon copy of Inferno.
And what about unique species abilities?
Elemental, Body, Spirit, and Mind will remain the same as past M&M’s for tradition’s sake. Dark and Light magic will be changing as MMX doesn’t have a good/evil concept. We have Order/Chaos instead which will require two completely new spell books along with the standard 7. Some spells from Dark/Light should carry over to these new books, but not all.

As for unique species abilities, each race should have their own quirks, specialty items, bonuses, etc, but we will not have unique species spells as demonstrated in MM8.
Macros the Black wrote:So will we still visit Vori? Love the soundtrack so far btw.

Sadly, Vori will no longer be part of MMX. That was part of the old storyline, and the new storyline no longer takes place on Enroth. Also, there was always the issue of working our storyline around the Reckoning since Enroth was essentially scorched. According to the story laid out by New World Computing/3do, a lot of Enroth’s inhabitants escaped through portals to Axeoth…. where MMX will take place. Our new storyline will take place where the story left off from previous M&M’s.

Also, I’m glad everyone is enjoying the tracks to MMX so far! These guys really outdid themselves.
Last edited by Vector on 25 Jun 2010, 16:51, edited 1 time in total.
||\............/||_||\............/||_\\.....//
||..\......../..||_||..\......../..||__\\.//
||....\..../....||_||....\..../....||__//.\\
||......\/......||_||......\/......||_//.....\\

Might and Magic X: The Anduran Saga
Official Website: http://www.mightandmagic10.thegaminguniverse.com/

Vector
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Vector » 25 Jun 2010, 16:50

Sorry. Doube post.
||\............/||_||\............/||_\\.....//
||..\......../..||_||..\......../..||__\\.//
||....\..../....||_||....\..../....||__//.\\
||......\/......||_||......\/......||_//.....\\

Might and Magic X: The Anduran Saga
Official Website: http://www.mightandmagic10.thegaminguniverse.com/

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 25 Jun 2010, 23:16

Vector wrote:Elemental, Body, Spirit, and Mind will remain the same as past M&M’s for tradition’s sake. Dark and Light magic will be changing as MMX doesn’t have a good/evil concept. We have Order/Chaos instead which will require two completely new spell books along with the standard 7. Some spells from Dark/Light should carry over to these new books, but not all.
Interesting! I sort of thought this was the case with the chaos/order system you were talking about earlier, but cool to see it confirmed. I must say I wonder how chaos magic will work, can you have multiple different possible effects from each spell or is it just a very big gap between low and high damage, or both maybe? And is order more defensive while chaos is more offensive (like in MM7 where light was more defensive and dark more offensive)? I mean obviously chaos magic has to be a bit chaotic, being more powerful than order magic but also more dangerous to use. Maybe each spell could have a chance to backfire, or do the complete opposite of what you wanted to accomplish? (heal becomes damage etc).
Sadly, Vori will no longer be part of MMX. That was part of the old storyline, and the new storyline no longer takes place on Enroth. Also, there was always the issue of working our storyline around the Reckoning since Enroth was essentially scorched. According to the story laid out by New World Computing/3do, a lot of Enroth’s inhabitants escaped through portals to Axeoth…. where MMX will take place. Our new storyline will take place where the story left off from previous M&M’s.
Imo the change is good. Not that I like Axeoth over the Glorennes, but the whole "the Glorennes survived the Reckoning and it's the last remaining continent in an empty world" smelled a bit too much of a Deus Ex Machina.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 26 Jun 2010, 00:14

Macros the Black wrote:Imo the change is good. Not that I like Axeoth over the Glorennes, but the whole "the Glorennes survived the Reckoning and it's the last remaining continent in an empty world" smelled a bit too much of a Deus Ex Machina.
Yes, I agree that it was a fairly immature idea on my part. Luckily there were still a few interesting plot elements and motifs in my old storyline which I can carry over pretty seamlessly. And plenty of classic characters will appear. Hope you'll enjoy it when it's done :)

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 26 Jun 2010, 08:18

Chaos and Order could be spell schools with spells based on HoMM4 schools (so Chaos has offensive spells and Order has mind spells).

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 26 Jun 2010, 10:12

Or just leave it Dark and Mind magic

BMJedi
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BMJedi » 26 Jun 2010, 14:01

I just listened to the music tracks - I love them - they're very much in the spirit of Rob King's original work.

I was noticing that it sounds like one person is playing a synthesizer keyboard, one person is playing a guitar, and one person is playing a cello.

I'm a string teacher, so I was especially interested in the cello player. (Great tone, expression, etc. - either a professional player or a very advanced student.)

Also, on the composition skills, I can hear distinct first violin, second violin, and viola parts in the synthesized (I assume) string orchestra with the right tone colors and everything. (I enjoyed the viola section near the end of the first sample, since I'm a viola player.)

Your guys and/or gals really know their strings!

jeffh
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby jeffh » 13 Jul 2010, 03:38

I'm a little confused - to what extent are you open to changing the spells or adding new ones other than replacing Dark and Light with something else? I've always thought Earth could use some work (and it didn't help that it was consistently treated in a rather second-class way in the early game in the 6-8 trilogy). Just off the top of my head, one thing that would be nice and very much on-theme for that school would be a spell to make creatures lose the ability to fly; I'm sure I could come up with other ideas and more detailed parameters for how they'd work, if such are desired, though I am pretty useless at actual coding.

(I also hate how much the healing spells in 6-8 suck, hopefully something can be done about that.)

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 14 Jul 2010, 09:33

Who is composing that music?

It is really good!

pirvix
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pirvix » 14 Jul 2010, 11:29

Sure Valla wrote:Who is composing that music?

It is really good!
The authors of each track are in the video descriptions.
Might and Magic X official website:
http://www.mightandmagic10.thegaminguniverse.com/

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 14 Jul 2010, 16:23

Whoops, my bad!!

Is there a way to contact him?

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 14 Jul 2010, 20:14

Well I think he has a phone, a place to live, and e-mail so plenty of ways. I just dunno what the adresses and numbers are :P...

toh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby toh » 15 Jul 2010, 03:50

is this project have vague target date? like sometimes in 2011 or 2013? if the progress speed will stay the same as it now.

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 15 Jul 2010, 09:09

Does the componist work in this company?

Then you should have his e-mail :D

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 16 Jul 2010, 16:24

Nicely done on the music. It's not quite the same style as Rob King (more similar to the Xeen games if anything), but I think it sounds good at the very least.
Back from the dead? Maybe.

scothDK
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Ubisoft in this project???

Unread postby scothDK » 16 Aug 2010, 14:43

Yo guys, iam really happy your doing this to make MMX.

So been scouting the web and see what i found. Is Ubisoft in on this, if not
they are going to attack you guys from behind.
Its a danish site, just watch the movie below, says it all:

http://railgun.newz.dk/might-og-magic-r ... a-sig-igen

Seems UbiSoft is starting the MM-series again. 8|

scothDK

Return to “Might and Magic”