Might & Magic 10; been in development for years + teaser

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Vector
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Vector » 22 Sep 2009, 13:51

GrayFace wrote:I'm working on a scripting extension for MM6-8, which would make scripting easier and widen possibilities. Banking would be easy to do. Version for MM6 is almost ready and then I'll make MM8 and MM7 versions.
This would be great! Our team would definitely utilize something such as that, especially if can widen the existing possibilities. Maybe some of the requests we've been getting for this game can actually be implemented. Can't wait.
||\............/||_||\............/||_\\.....//
||..\......../..||_||..\......../..||__\\.//
||....\..../....||_||....\..../....||__//.\\
||......\/......||_||......\/......||_//.....\\

Might and Magic X: The Anduran Saga
Official Website: http://www.mightandmagic10.thegaminguniverse.com/

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 22 Sep 2009, 14:23

koval321 wrote:
Variol wrote:I don't think anyone will buy a copper, or gold ring, which can not be enchanted. They're only good for selling and making some money on them.
Yes, anyway i found often that shops are totally useless for buying, probably one things i buy was magic books. Other stuff you may found, and you need to find if you wish to have something better. Shops should contain very good items, even if thier price would be high.
I don't know about that. The fact that shops sell items which don't help your party has upsides to it:
1. It's realistic. Of course the shops don't only sell items specifically for your party, other people shop there too.
2. It adds to the difficulty of the game. I know that for the most part, especially with the Light and Dark spellbooks being outrageously expensive, you won't have enough gold in the game and whether or not to buy that expensive but certainly worthwhile armor is going to be a meaningful descision. However, at about the middle-point of the game, or at least around the time you're done buying spells, you'll have so much gold that you won't be able to spend it all. However, by that time you're still trying to collect good equipment. If shops just had the ultimate items you could have, you'd buy that and be done with it. Which ruins the fun of finding all that impressive loot in places like the Dragonriders Cave of MM6.

So the fact that shops also sell worthless crap is a good thing imo, it makes it more fun when you finally do find that ring of hit point regeneration for your cleric :)

By the way, this train of thought actually touches on the bank revenue issue. Like I mentioned, the times when you're short of gold are in the early to midgame. Lategame, you'll have plenty. With that in mind, why would you put gold in the bank when you need it, to get more of it later when you don't need it? I suggest if you put in a system as mentioned in this thread, then certainly the fact of having too much gold in the endgame needs to be adressed. This would also be good for the thief class, or pirate I think it is with you? Skills like merchant and stealing would be more useful if by the time they're actually at a point that they start to matter (rank 7 master at least) you still actually need to make gold.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Konfuzius
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Konfuzius » 23 Sep 2009, 18:04

I also hope that two hand weapons will get a little "boost". I mean the 2 handed swords were mostly useless.

And could you tell us the pros and cons of each race?

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 25 Sep 2009, 09:06

Konfuzius wrote:I also hope that two hand weapons will get a little "boost". I mean the 2 handed swords were mostly useless.
Am agree with that, anyway i feel every weapons are too weak compare to magic. I mean the possibility of metheor shover or starburst, you never have such power in your arm. Maybe knight is good at begining but later he do nothing. This could be solved by skills which should make 2x 4x 8x damage of weapon, but skills dont help in anything.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 25 Sep 2009, 18:14

I would like to see the ability to have have 2 axes, or maces, instead of just swords as well. Maybe it could be a GM benefit?

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 26 Sep 2009, 05:48

Or something else: brand new skill which allow use any weapon in left hand, in result use two weapons. And each weapon skill could have different combos: thrust, slash, block, stun, bash, hack, pierce, this is just names but in result could bring bonus to accuracy, damage, defence, slow enemy.

Something else, i read on project site about available races, i feel that playing humanoids is better from animals (well i never play them in mm8) and in my opinion vampiress was ok, because best for gothic dark magic style. I mean if you wish to have offence magician in team, then vampire is better from any race for that.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 30 Sep 2009, 04:55

Variol wrote:I would like to see the ability to have have 2 axes, or maces, instead of just swords as well. Maybe it could be a GM benefit?
This is doable only with patching the EXE file.
GrayFace and me were planning to do a such patch for the TCC game. Patch will be optional and won't be in the final relise of the TCC game - who wants - can try.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 30 Sep 2009, 07:40

vladimir-maestro wrote:This is doable only with patching the EXE file.
I don't think that's beyond the reach of the MM10 project. Or at least, it shouldn't be.
koval321 wrote:Or something else: brand new skill which allow use any weapon in left hand, in result use two weapons. And each weapon skill could have different combos: thrust, slash, block, stun, bash, hack, pierce, this is just names but in result could bring bonus to accuracy, damage, defence, slow enemy.
Ooh, instead of Armsmaster they could have the skills "One-handed Weapon", "Two-handed Weapon" and "Dual Wielding". Then you choose which of those you want to GM and it gives the bonusses Armsmaster would give but only for that type of weapon use. Although it could give some more specific bonusses too, like chance of triple damage for one-handed, stun chance for two-handed and chance to attack with both weapons at once for dual wield :D

For the thrust, slash, block etc things though, I kinda agree that would be cool, but I think it should be dependant on the weapon itself what kind of attacks it does. Like a knife could only ever stab, but sword type weapons you could use to stab or slash with, depending on the kind of sword it is (a gladius would be unsuited for slashing but great at stabbing for instance while a broadsword would be great for slashing).

Btw axes should ignore armor class, and so should crossbows and longbows imo.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Konfuzius
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Konfuzius » 02 Oct 2009, 17:40

I guess you will make the same Race/Class system like in MM7. So, will you also make only minimal differences, such as in MM7?

I mean with the possibilities of a good script extension, you could make much more individual onces.

So a Minotaur has a skill bonus of 50% on axes , a Lizardman has a Bonus of 25% on regeneration and 25% of alchemy, Vampires and Dark Elves have their special spell abilities (if it's possible), just to say some examples.

Also, will we see the same classes like in MM7 (Knights, Clerics, Druids...)? Or something new like, Pirates, Mercenaries, Battle Mages, Demon Hunters, Guards and Ninjas?

Besides I think that 8 humans are too much, if you compare it to the other races...

It would also be awesome, if you could make an own skill for the crossbows, or make a new level of mastery (e.g. Basic -> advanced -> expert -> master -> grandmaster).

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 02 Oct 2009, 18:10

If Minotaurs get a bonus to axe skill, what do Dwarves get?

An extra level of mastery really isn't needed imo... I'd rather have some new skills.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Re: Update

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 02 Oct 2009, 19:11

Someone doesn't read old posts, eh? :D Well, here's a quote:
Vector wrote:As a side note, I am sure many of you are curious as to what classes will be available for you to choose from at the beginning of the game. There will be nine classes available for you to choose from at the start of the game including four brand new classes:

Archer
Artificer (Follow in the footsteps of ‘Mekorig the Blind’ or ‘Cornelius of Blackshire’)
Cleric
Druid
Fighter (New class, self explanatory I would assume)
Knight
Pirate (Be part of the Reganan Empire!)
Sorcerer
Treasure Hunter (A definite, especially if wanting a jump on any artifacts, relics, or specials)

Thanks for looking and we will keep you posted!

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Update

Unread postby darknessfood » 03 Oct 2009, 02:36

GreatEmerald wrote:Someone doesn't read old posts, eh? :D Well, here's a quote:
Vector wrote:As a side note, I am sure many of you are curious as to what classes will be available for you to choose from at the beginning of the game. There will be nine classes available for you to choose from at the start of the game including four brand new classes:

Archer
Artificer (Follow in the footsteps of ‘Mekorig the Blind’ or ‘Cornelius of Blackshire’)
Cleric
Druid
Fighter (New class, self explanatory I would assume)
Knight
Pirate (Be part of the Reganan Empire!)
Sorcerer
Treasure Hunter (A definite, especially if wanting a jump on any artifacts, relics, or specials)

Thanks for looking and we will keep you posted!
Things can allways change you now... :P
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Jac
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jac » 04 Oct 2009, 08:09

Put these 4 new classes together and you get an Indiana Jones movie. XD

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 04 Oct 2009, 16:10

There was an interesting suggestion on YouTube somewhere for a mod like this... Is it possible to implement the same animation that people do when they dodge chest traps to the actual dodging skill once you get the skill to avoid physical damage?

cortisan
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby cortisan » 17 Oct 2009, 04:03

Hey guys I was thinking about the whole banking interest idea and what another guy said about how you need money early game but not late game, what about if you can receive loans from the bank which if not paid back within a certain period of time, items to the value of the loan are "repossessed" or something it may sound silly but it was just a thought.

Can't wait for the game I've been longing for a new rpg to play

hobowu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby hobowu » 19 Oct 2009, 12:12

cortisan wrote:Hey guys I was thinking about the whole banking interest idea and what another guy said about how you need money early game but not late game, what about if you can receive loans from the bank which if not paid back within a certain period of time, items to the value of the loan are "repossessed" or something it may sound silly but it was just a thought.

Can't wait for the game I've been longing for a new rpg to play
that would totally depend on the value of items in the game.
Artifacts iirc in older MM games are worth 30000. That's like the price of 2 light/dark spell books. (now, which is actually worth more? :P)

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 19 Oct 2009, 13:26

hobowu wrote:that would totally depend on the value of items in the game.
Artifacts iirc in older MM games are worth 30000. That's like the price of 2 light/dark spell books. (now, which is actually worth more? :P)
It depends on the type of the artifact and the books. If the artifact is a 2 handed axe and you have no axe users in your party, while books are Armageddon and Shrapmetal, I'd take the books.

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 19 Oct 2009, 13:43

I've just have an idea of "random quest" guild.

They aims to be more real life since quest could come from hunter guild.

Normally people will come to a guild, set a rank of quest and willing to pay (from F to SS i suggest). We can do this quest from guild and get money and fame. More rank you have more open quest you will get.

However, if people do not like this kind of guild (but i think they are great). We can set them out as a information guild. You can come here, pay a small amount of money and get information of quest from town, castle.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 19 Oct 2009, 17:16

Ther already are Guilds of Bounty Hunters. But yea, they could be improved, usually none of those creatures are around to kill.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 19 Oct 2009, 18:04

Yeah, if the level of the bounty was a little higher level t what the party is, I would actually poke my head in the door.

Return to “Might and Magic”