Might & Magic 10; been in development for years + teaser

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
toh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby toh » 07 Dec 2008, 12:00

hope you will finish the work on this game.
maybe you should create it in parts/episodes, it will increase the odds that we get at least something from this project, if something will happen to it.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 07 Dec 2008, 13:29

No, making a game of this size in parts will get us nowhere. Also, it takes longer that way. An rpg should just be one big game, and no Half Life like episodes, it just doesn't work. Sorry man...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

kognefaure
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kognefaure » 07 Dec 2008, 14:10

This game sounds ever more exciting, you're doing a great job! 8|

I think that toh is right. There should be something such that the fans will have a chance to try M&M X once, even if it isn't completed. Maybe not create it in episodes, but if some day you feel that this game cannot be finished -and I hope this will never happen-, at least release it in the state it will be. Many projects died letting only a few screenshots...

What about the website? I've seen no info about it in the previous pages. IIRC, the last new about it said it would be opened around November/December.

Again, many thanks and congratulations for that project!!!

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 07 Dec 2008, 14:20

Hi, well episodes/demo/trial, I don't say it's never going to happen, but right now we are more focused on creating the game.Sure, we can pull it off, but what purpose does it have. We all know it's going to be a MM game in the style of 6 through 8, and surely you know what you can expect. For trying the game, it will be a free game, so no purpose of making a demo for it.
About the website, can't say much about it, we have to contact the designer for that...

Oh, and thanks a lot :D!

skinothetis1
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby skinothetis1 » 07 Dec 2008, 16:53

Well yeah but we ll would like to see a small video.
You have nowhere to run Sheltem. Nore do you!You motherf$#(*@ device!!

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 07 Dec 2008, 22:49

Screenshots and perhaps videos wwill be available on the website. And like Vector statet a few posts back, some new screenshots will be comming soon :)!

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 08 Dec 2008, 13:32

I think most important changes are brand new maps (every graphics could be the same old known) Even not brand new island but just dig somewhere new dungeon with new quest. Do is possible to modify maps making new area to explore? This way could be easy and playable: leave entire game (for example mm6) and to every town add some new cave or dungeon. Am fear that making brand new game is too huge and risky project, not only by time spend on itself creation but also time spend on fixing whole bugs (so its double amount of time)

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 08 Dec 2008, 14:11

That's okey, we are making a new game anyway ;)!

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 08 Dec 2008, 14:34

koval321 wrote:I think most important changes are brand new maps (every graphics could be the same old known) Even not brand new island but just dig somewhere new dungeon with new quest. Do is possible to modify maps making new area to explore? This way could be easy and playable: leave entire game (for example mm6) and to every town add some new cave or dungeon. Am fear that making brand new game is too huge and risky project, not only by time spend on itself creation but also time spend on fixing whole bugs (so its double amount of time)
I agree that this project is somewhat ambitious, but I believe that, in-time, they will produce a new game worthy of the MM legacy. They have gathered to themselves several highly motivated, knowledgeable, and dedicated MM fans who will 'drive' the team to completion. At least that's my hope.

Just remember, a project of this size takes alot of time.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 08 Dec 2008, 14:43

Trust me, we know all about it BDJ. But as you stated, we are VERY motivated to make this game. We work hard on it, and spend hours too much already (kidding, but a lot, trust me). Every day, something gets done, and when we can, we will work. Weekly contact off each other is held to make up a small status of where we are. Thanks for the confidence BJD, and everybody else of course :)!

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 08 Dec 2008, 15:12

Darknessfood,

I realize that 'coding up' the game is one of the last tasks prior to validation/play testing, and is probably somewhat future to the current stage of MMX development. Since I have had a modicum of success coding the MM7 and MM8 Event Language, perhaps I could be of some assist at debugging those areas of code that don't seem to be working due to game-engine anamolies. I am not currently 'up to' a complete coding project, but I could do some code debugging or perhaps offer a suggestion or-two as problems are identified.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 08 Dec 2008, 15:31

I sended you a PM :)!

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 08 Dec 2008, 15:36

I would even be willing to send money up front for it.

Maybe it could be held in trust or something?

Deyja

Unread postby Deyja » 08 Dec 2008, 15:41

Hmm this mod is going to be finished i am sure about it B-) so wy don´t not post it on. http://www.moddb.com/mods too get some more people too play it when finished. / great site for dl mods :devious:

jeff4815
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby jeff4815 » 08 Dec 2008, 15:42

It's for free. I'm not sure how money could help a project like this, anyways, unless the people making it are actually paying for it in some form.
And there was much rejoicing...
"You want a piece of me?!"
Ithilgore trying to Identify a Dragon: "Haven't seen one before..."

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 08 Dec 2008, 15:45

Deyja wrote:Hmm this mod is going to be finished i am sure about it B-) so wy don´t not post it on. http://www.moddb.com/mods too get some more people too play it when finished. / great site for dl mods :devious:
Deja,

That's a pretty KOOL site. Thx for the link!

BDJ

Deyja

Unread postby Deyja » 08 Dec 2008, 15:52

Big Daddy Jim wrote:
Deyja wrote:Hmm this mod is going to be finished i am sure about it B-) so wy don´t not post it on. http://www.moddb.com/mods too get some more people too play it when finished. / great site for dl mods :devious:
Deja,

That's a pretty KOOL site. Thx for the link!

BDJ
Hmm we shoud make a group for Dev's that make M&M mods :devious:

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 08 Dec 2008, 15:58

Deyja wrote:
Hmm we shoud make a group for Dev's that make M&M mods :devious:
Deja,

Maybe, just maybe, Angelspit would be willing to setup and host a separate forum here on Celestial Heavens for the MM Modder. You might want to contact him on this if there is sufficient interest amoung this community.

Just my 2-cents worth.

BDJ

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 08 Dec 2008, 17:13

..or maybe Ironworks, which is where bungleau and I lurk most of the time.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/for ... y.php?f=36

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 08 Dec 2008, 17:19

This is not really a mod, it's a stand-alone game :)!

Return to “Might and Magic”