Might & Magic 10; been in development for years + teaser

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
DarthVadre
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby DarthVadre » 10 Nov 2008, 02:06

darknessfood wrote:I told you that it's a Promotion quest, so it's not a random thing...
sorry, i must not of noticed

edit: Also, remember, MM6, the alltime favorite, had easy names. Like New Sorpigal, Free Haven, Blackshire, Whitecap, Dragonsand, Castle Ironfist, etc,
not random names like in MMIX. Honestly, who thinks Thjorgard flows naturally off the tongue?

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 10 Nov 2008, 05:38

Corlagon wrote:It's been very good of all of you to put up with the lack of updates.
Yay, I've been good! Do I get candy, now? :baby: :beg:

On a more serious note.. I am feeling more and more anticipation the more we get to know about this project :tsup:
edit: Also, remember, MM6, the alltime favorite, had easy names. Like New Sorpigal, Free Haven, Blackshire, Whitecap, Dragonsand, Castle Ironfist, etc,
not random names like in MMIX. Honestly, who thinks Thjorgard flows naturally off the tongue?
Hmm. Yeah, I must say I agree with that.

Herry Hardfoot
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Herry Hardfoot » 10 Nov 2008, 05:56

Macros the Black wrote:I would say it's the Paladin quest, but there's not gonna be a Paladin :/
So whatever class is getting Self Magic + Plate Armor, that's the one who this promotion quest is about..
I'm not sure where you're getting Self Magic + Plate armor, but if that's accurate and there's no paladins, that suggests Minotaurs!

I loved Minotaurs from MM8, even though they were the weakest class. I think that if enemy Minotaurs from previous games had instant death spells, than player-character Minotaurs ought to have them too. Or at least *something* to make them as strong as other classes.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 10 Nov 2008, 07:18

Herry Hardfoot wrote:
Macros the Black wrote:I would say it's the Paladin quest, but there's not gonna be a Paladin :/
So whatever class is getting Self Magic + Plate Armor, that's the one who this promotion quest is about..
I'm not sure where you're getting Self Magic + Plate armor, but if that's accurate and there's no paladins, that suggests Minotaurs!

I loved Minotaurs from MM8, even though they were the weakest class. I think that if enemy Minotaurs from previous games had instant death spells, than player-character Minotaurs ought to have them too. Or at least *something* to make them as strong as other classes.
They actually posted which characters are in a few pages back. No paladin or minotaur ;/

Edit: here, end of last post on the page.

I'm saying paladin cuz the paladin had the "save someone" and "kill a dragon" type of quests. This seems like such a quest, so... but there's no paladin, hence I'm guessing it's whatever class is replacing him.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 10 Nov 2008, 15:23

There is no west Enroth as the continent land ends at the Dragonsand-to-Paradise Valley "borderline".

The setting has been visited already, but not in this time period, and it is on the world of Enroth. You'll learn more later. I can't say anything about it, but I hope you'll like it when it's ready to be revealed.

Vector
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Vector » 10 Nov 2008, 16:00

Talin_Trollbane wrote:question.

exactly where is is MMX located? West Enroth or a completely new continent? the names (Ralgaze, Chronomancers, Old Alanon etc) tell me nothing so it cant be part of the original lore of MM?
Yes, this game will be set on Enroth as Corlagon stated, so no worries there. Also, this game is part of the original MM lore.

I see this thread is very active still! Glad to see all the excitement! Next week dungeon and character design work will be underway.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 10 Nov 2008, 16:32

Vector wrote:Yes, this game will be set on Enroth as Corlagon stated, so no worries there. Also, this game is part of the original MM lore.
I think you're mistaken here. As I remember, it does take place on the same world that Heroes 1-3 and MM6-8 take place on, but not on the continent Enroth.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 10 Nov 2008, 16:34

it does take place on the same world that Heroes 1-3 and MM6-8 take place on
Which is also known as Enroth. ;)

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 10 Nov 2008, 16:35

It is? I thought it was never named and people just called it Colony or something...

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 10 Nov 2008, 16:39

It's regarded as "the world of Enroth" once or twice in MM6 and MM8. Fan-lore states that the Ancients knew it as "COLONY" (Composite Orbital Learning Opportunity Network Yielder). This game is fan-lore, so we will probably add that in too.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 10 Nov 2008, 16:41

Eh, man my memory is horrible, I always read everything in these games, but I totally do not pick up that much information.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 10 Nov 2008, 17:04

Well, not everybody can know everything. I bumped my head a few times while writing promotion quests, afterwards, I needed to edit them, or else we would fail in history, and we don't want that...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 10 Nov 2008, 20:50

Macros the Black wrote:It is? I thought it was never named and people just called it Colony or something...
From 3DO site about MM8 game:
Story wrote:The world of Enroth has fallen out of balance with the rest of the cosmos. As a result, the gateways to the elemental planes have been opened on your world, freeing the forces of Earth, Air, Fire, and Water to wreak havoc throughout the land.

You must form a party of up to five heroes to unite the human and monster races of the world in time to launch a joint campaign to close the gateways and save Enroth from planetary extinction...

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 11 Nov 2008, 09:06

Okay, well, can't argue with that :) You learn something new everyday.. I suppose it's like Warcraft, then, where you have the continent Azeroth on the world Azeroth. (totally hates having to bring up the Warcraft storyline, which is ruined by WoW anyway..)

Hobbun
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Hobbun » 13 Nov 2008, 03:00

It seems really promising with all the work that is being put into this project. It will be nice to see a true M&M successor (MM9 doesn't count, IMO). I really love the MM6-8 format. Although I think VI will always be my favorite.

How will we get a hold of this game? Will it come in the form of a download and then we install on our computer?

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 13 Nov 2008, 09:35

Curently, we are also working on the website. You probably are going to download it there, otherwise this forum will be the solution :)...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 13 Nov 2008, 20:31

I just thought of something.. You know that Create Food spell in MM6? It should totally be a Dark Magic spell in MM10 :D

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 13 Nov 2008, 20:35

Macros the Black wrote:I just thought of something.. You know that Create Food spell in MM6? It should totally be a Dark Magic spell in MM10 :D
:rofl:

pirvix
Pixie
Pixie

good evening

Unread postby pirvix » 13 Nov 2008, 21:38

hi. there's a big m&m fan, and you're looking at his post that does not include any evil smileys............... :devil: ...............

anyway, you rock. I can't belive that you found time for making an actual m&m game! ...... :devil: (evil smiley put ther for no reason respectiveley)........if I can participate in this I would probbably give some ehemgeniousehemcaugh ideas. There are some (well technically 2) that I would like to reveal :D

-If the player is carrying a lot of money (say 100000 or more) there would be a money chinging sound every minute ;) It would be quite annoying to be rich :D

-Can you please name somebody in the game ''Pirvix the Great'' or at least ''Pirvix'' :creative:

......... :devil: ...................

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 13 Nov 2008, 22:33

Wait, Pirvix gave me an idea. There should be thieving enemies in the game, that don't take items from your inventory but instead they steal your money. And the richer you are, the more they steal. This to prevent people from becoming ultra-rich in the endgame.
Combine it with my earlier idea about making enchant item a GM level spell, and the game becomes more challenging imo... And Stealing becomes more useful ;)

Stealing inventory items = just annoying.
Stealing money = useful game mechanic.

Return to “Might and Magic”