Might & Magic 10; been in development for years + teaser

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 30 Oct 2008, 01:51

Okay, so now I'm doing Darkmoor also, and I have to take back what I said.. This game is horrible without Wizard Eye xD
Man, I really hate those Eyes.. Also, the dungeon is way bigger than I remembered it :/

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 30 Oct 2008, 03:37

My problem with M&M VI is how ridiculous the dungeons are in the later parts of the game. Alamos, Darkmoor, Gharik's forge, and the Tomb of VARN are all examples of massive sprawling hulks that are too big. (and that is also why I can't play Daggerfall without some measure of frustration. But that is not a Might and Magic game so I'll leave it at that.)
This was fixed in M&M VII but then the inverse was true in M&M VIII with its one room dungeons.
Hopefully MMX won't have this problem. Right?!?!
Also, keep up the good work. Even if you are treading over familiar territory it's still better than what Ubisoft would do with the license if they bothered to make an official MMX.
Back from the dead? Maybe.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 30 Oct 2008, 10:26

I certainly wouldn't trust Ubisoft.
How could anyone do so, after Pool of Radiance!

Now that it's been patched it runs ok. Is there a hack or mod out for it? If they tweak the character generation and made the items random, it would be much better. I thought the combat style was excellent.

The other thing that I would just watching for in a new game, is the constant hitting of the walls when trying to hit things that are partially blocked by them.
Last edited by Variol on 31 Oct 2008, 19:14, edited 1 time in total.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 30 Oct 2008, 17:15

Deadguy118 wrote:My problem with M&M VI is how ridiculous the dungeons are in the later parts of the game. Alamos, Darkmoor, Gharik's forge, and the Tomb of VARN are all examples of massive sprawling hulks that are too big. (and that is also why I can't play Daggerfall without some measure of frustration. But that is not a Might and Magic game so I'll leave it at that.)
This was fixed in M&M VII but then the inverse was true in M&M VIII with its one room dungeons.
Hopefully MMX won't have this problem. Right?!?!
Also, keep up the good work. Even if you are treading over familiar territory it's still better than what Ubisoft would do with the license if they bothered to make an official MMX.
I think part of the reason why the dungeons were so rediculous later on is because of Lloyd's Beacon. Using that spell, you can constantly be +30 level, +50 stats and instant heal whenever you want. Then, combine that with shooting out loads of Shrapmetal right in the opponent's faces, and yeah.. they pretty much had to make those dungeons rediculous to keep the game challenging.

So.. Town Portal is okay, but Lloyd's Beacon is gamebreaking.

DarthVadre
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby DarthVadre » 30 Oct 2008, 18:40

So.. Town Portal is okay, but Lloyd's Beacon is gamebreaking.
I don't think so. The problem is they didn't balance it in MM7 and MM8. In MM6, even though you could get Loyd's Beacon right away, they balanced it. Plus, I really like the ridiculously large dungeons.
On a side note, I really like the pasted photos of real people in MM6 more than the rendered ones in MM7 and MM8.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 30 Oct 2008, 19:44

DarthVadre wrote:On a side note, I really like the pasted photos of real people in MM6 more than the rendered ones in MM7 and MM8.
I hear you, definately. One thing I've always thought was a shame though, there's only two people who look "cool" enough for me to choose, so I always choose them and then just choose something random for the other two ^^.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 31 Oct 2008, 19:17

Yeah, definitely like the real people better myself...

..plus in 7, it seemed like everyone was old and or ugly,

Lord13
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Lord13 » 31 Oct 2008, 20:32

Nooo...real ppl at MnM6's portraits were just...funny, not good
thought. They were all like came out of a parody movie, I prefer
the 7-8 ones(and ofc the ones from the first titles of MnM).
Every man dies...
Every beast dies...
Only heroes live forever!

nutman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Update?

Unread postby nutman » 31 Oct 2008, 21:00

Gidday, any more updates on the way - please!!
cheers
Nutman :)

DarthVadre
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby DarthVadre » 02 Nov 2008, 17:36

Lord13 wrote:Nooo...real ppl at MnM6's portraits were just...funny
A lot better than the way too serious goofy rendered shit.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 02 Nov 2008, 18:53

Well, let's say it this way: the idea of having actual pictures is better than having those rendered ones. However, they should've used alot better actors for those pictures xD

The two characters I do like from MM6 (the guy with the eyepatch and the other dude who's Tim the Sorcerer in RPGgenie's MM6 playthrough vids) are better than anything MM7 and 8 have imo. Just a shame all the other people you can choose in MM6 are all ugly or just can't be taken seriously.

DarthVadre
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby DarthVadre » 03 Nov 2008, 17:49

Macros the Black wrote:Well, let's say it this way: the idea of having actual pictures is better than having those rendered ones. However, they should've used alot better actors for those pictures xD
Agreed.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 03 Nov 2008, 21:50

So... update?

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 05 Nov 2008, 13:55

Well, here's a small update for yu guys.

The project is kinda paused, not that nothing is beeing worked on, just that one of our workers has real life issues. I can't and won't say what's going on (kinda personal, and I told him I won't say anything about it), but he's working it out, and until that, he can't work on MMX.
Like I said before, Corlagon and myself are still working. Corlagon is writing history and such, and I am still busy with creating (promotion) quests, ass for promotion quests that's about done like 80%. Corlagon found them good (and if HE finds it good, then it's MM style, he can tell) and I read some of his work, really awesome to read, and my respects to him for creating such an amazing plot that's well thought of and will really continue the MM universe.
Today, I will send a e-mail to the person to get a bit of state were in, I will also ask for the other people's e-mail and will ask how they are doing.

Maybe as a bit of a gift, you maybe get an quest to read for yourself and please let us know how your feelings are on that one, because of course, you are the one's who are going to play it, and you should like it.

Thanks for understanding , and if I know anything else, we are sure to let you know soon enough...

Thanks for understanding...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 05 Nov 2008, 14:41

I thinking one quest will not spoil the game for us, so post away!

What is the setting for X? Is MM9 going to be totally ignored? That thing was just sad.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 05 Nov 2008, 16:45

It won't and can't be ignored, since no matter how unfinished it was, it's still part of the series. Plus, its plot wasn't that bad, though quite unconnected to the other games. Its setting will have little to do with the MMX one, though.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 05 Nov 2008, 16:52

Hey people, something else. The way things look right now, work will resume at full force by the end of the month...

DarthVadre
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby DarthVadre » 05 Nov 2008, 19:06

I'm still waiting for a reply from Vector so I can start on peasant dialog.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 05 Nov 2008, 21:11

The thing with 9 was that there were too few quests, monsters etc. and you'd have to stand there for days waiting for the boat.

I would really like to this changed if it will be in the game. Have the boats and wagons go everywhere, every day. Even if there has to be a quest for this to happen.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 05 Nov 2008, 21:14

Well, there will be plenty of quests for you to do, trust me. You got the promotion quest from each class (1 normal and 1good/bad) and there shall be loads of sidequests. We plan to make these bigger, more story telling at some point, kind of a quest chain. These are exceptions though, but they will come. Of course you got traditional quests...

Return to “Might and Magic”