You're never too old...

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
bungleau
Scout
Scout

You're never too old...

Unread postby bungleau » 21 Jul 2008, 13:28

... to learn something new.

I've been playing a game of MM6 for a bit now, in between traveling and everything else. Last night was time for Castle Darkmoor, my most/least favorite dungeon. I love it because it's huge... and hate it because it's a slugfest.

Well, last night I discovered something that I have not seen in the... what? Ten years that this game has been out?

There's a small rampway that leads to a switch that lets you shut off the barrier between the Lich King's part of the castle and the rest of it. For years, I've just gone in through the secret doorway on the outside and muddled through the slugfest of liches and eyes. Last night... was the *easiest* it's ever been!

I know, I know... what took me so long. Still... :)

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 22 Jul 2008, 19:22

Wow... I never knew that. I had taken the hard way there too! Thanks for sharing this! :D

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 23 Jul 2008, 02:36

I usually prefer to clear entire dungeons so it makes little difference for me.

By the way, Darkmoor is most annoying in that the Eyes have a tendency of dispelling enchantments every 5 seconds.

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 25 Jul 2008, 21:35

Oh, I agree, ywhtptgtfo.... I prefer to clear 'em all as well. It's just a lot easier to take on a couple at a time from the doorway than to take on *ALL* of 'em from the balcony! Especially since you rarely have protective magic... for long...

And you're welcome, Phobos! Glad to hear I'm not the only one... :D

Bimbasto
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Bimbasto » 04 Aug 2008, 19:32

My THANKS also! Sounds really interesting, never did that. Next time will use this also.

Return to “Might and Magic”