MM8 Question on Spear Master

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
alienstookmybeer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MM8 Question on Spear Master

Unread postby alienstookmybeer » 12 Jul 2008, 23:40

I have a minotaur in my party and picked up the Master Spear skill for him. Master spear is supposed to give the ability to use the spear in one hand so another weapon can be used in the other. However, I'm still only able to equip a spear as far as I can tell.

Anyone else have this problem?

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 13 Jul 2008, 05:13

You have to be an expert in dagger skill or master in sword skill to use these weapons in left hand. So master in spear skill is not enough to use two weapons (but you can always wear shield in left hand).

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 14 Jul 2008, 14:39

Yes it gives ability to use spear in one hand, however you must posses another weapon skill that would allow to use weapon in offhand, where only possible choice is dagger. Also if i remember correctly minotaurs are restricted to use shields. IMO best thing you can do with minotaur is to raise his axe skill and give him 2h axe instead.
Al tough i really like minotaur unfortunately he is inferior to knight in almost every possible way, since he cant master any armors and to reduce recovery rate you are forced to use chain instead. Also his magic skills are quite weak for trade offs like gm armor and armaster. Imo minotaur is worst designed class of all (yes vampire is WAY better before someone picks this up), which is quite shame since they look cool.

Return to “Might and Magic”