Maestro MOD (DEMO) can be tested... MM7

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Maestro MOD (DEMO) can be tested... MM7

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 24 Jun 2008, 14:16

You are not able to download it now!!
Demo version was blocked for now cause it is not actual now!

Some new features were added!
Last edited by vladimir-maestro on 30 Jun 2008, 08:48, edited 1 time in total.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 24 Jun 2008, 14:28

You will see sword\dagger wrong position - do not worry, you do not have file with proper coordinates! File is another MOD's archive (not avable now)

zipi
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby zipi » 24 Jun 2008, 14:43

trying it right now ;)

Snowbird
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Snowbird » 25 Jun 2008, 02:09

I can't get the link to work on either firefox or IE... I click rapidshare which i've never had any trouble with before and click on free and it just times out..

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 25 Jun 2008, 06:11

Somebody else downloaded it before? :S
I know that RS have new downloading rules now and new coding pictures (3d net) ;)

zipi
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby zipi » 25 Jun 2008, 08:15

i downloaded it yesterday, no problems
but couldn't check it yet

Bimbasto
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Bimbasto » 25 Jun 2008, 10:18

I did it today also. May be will check at weekend.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 25 Jun 2008, 12:51

Would you mind sharing what this mod contains...?
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 25 Jun 2008, 16:05

Would you mind sharing what this mod contains...?
Ok. This part of MOD is a graphic part of the charecters. It demonstrate us how charecters can be replaced to new one (i think better and more realistic look)
And some basic equipment been replaced

Dwarves are not replaced yet cause I need to find a file that allow me to change body-parts coordinates (to make them a little bit higher) or I will replace dwarves with Genie-race ;)

With this screenshots you might not to download the MOD.
Question to moderator\administrator:
Can I start a topic about my MOD here? It is not complete but I wanna to gather information from other people to make it better. Now i working on monsters to make them more stronger, smarter and more interesting (such as summoning guards, new spells and abilities).

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 25 Jun 2008, 16:30

Well, looks nice. But i'll wait for a full version to come along. Really curious what the final product will look like. Keep up the good work :)!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 25 Jun 2008, 21:47

Some new tests in summons and new abilities...
Tried to add summons to monsters and succeded!

Monsters will be more harder but have +50% EXP!

Bimbasto
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Bimbasto » 27 Jun 2008, 17:47

Looks great.
BTW, you could post at CRPG also. I think there are some gamers, who could be interested.

asterix15
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby asterix15 » 27 Jun 2008, 20:48

I thank you for this Maestro!

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 28 Jun 2008, 19:15

Doing my best!

But why noone answered my questions inside archive? 8|

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 30 Jun 2008, 08:49

Some new spells were added:
As you might remember - Implosion was not a monster spell!!
The same with Mass Destortion.

Invisibility is very EVIL spell!!! Monsters turn invisible and attack from there - you can't see or damage them exept of close combat only - it is sooooo cruel - so I deleted it.

Armageddon is Aufull spell - imagine why?!!!

Here is some summoning spells:
Rats were summoned by zombies!!

(I had a little problems with summons, write something wrong to summoning spell and instead of undead - 3rd zombie form summoning DROIDS from Lincor :D )
Even with my cheats it was hard to fight them!!

By the way - dark magic can destroy you against droids!!! 3rd droid has got Pain Reflection :-) Dispel Magic will be better spell with Light Magic.

With my MOD you must use your skills wery carefully and play strategy little bit much! Tactic is the main thing to solve this MOD. (something like - killing main summoners first; dispel and paralyze; reanimate monsters; and so on many other ways that you do not mind in original MM7)

Working on - adding some new spells to magic wands...will it work?

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

v1.4b

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 09 Jul 2008, 17:45

Maestro MOD v1.4beta.
Beta-testing in progress...
Remember to fill the tester form inside archive and send to e-mail (inside form)

Whats new:
-Fully replaced paper dolls.
-New race - Drakes.
-Fully replaced 3 charecter's face animations.
-New file EVENTS.LOD with a lot of customs (based on BDJ mod)
-New file GAMES.LOD with new game infirmation.
-Rerolled monster's database (looking for bugs!)

Pay attension to monsters and their skills!!! Monsters became more harder but give +50% more EXP. Deleted monsters that fully drain whole mana!! A lot of summons added to many monsters (but have some bugs in summons!!)

Please describe whatever you find strange in testing beta-version!! Some monsters can summon strange things - write it! Maybe you wish some monsters to be changeed - write it! Something is very easy \ very hard - write it!!

http://rapidshare.com/files/128430411/M ... _v1.4b.rar

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 10 Jul 2008, 09:46

Can this beta be played with the BDJ MOD installed?

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 10 Jul 2008, 12:07

Actually it is.
This beta based on BDJ mod. For now there are little changes in original BDJ mod. If you replace BDJ mod with this you will not lose something from it. Actually you can use only ICONS.LOD from the archive but some little thing will look wrong (classes\races\items\monsters). Acctually monsters will stay old ones if won't replace all files from the archive!!! You can't see a bunch of their summons\spells. Dragonflies now became acidic and watertight. No more monsters will drain you mana. Some monsters learned to use irradicate\dead - this spells were almost useless in original MM7

Quest part in my mod saves BDJ changes.

I'm working with graphic part for now but planning to modify a game too.

Strongly recomended to replace all files in the archive! (make a copy of old ones!)

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 10 Jul 2008, 12:21

I isntalled it without doing any copy of old ones: I'm reciving a new computer this afternoon so I don't worry.
Bugs? well when I equiped a normal leather armor instead of showing as you changed it showed as the old ones. some helemts don't fit well in some characters(and on Drakes the armors don't fit, they simply cover up to the drake's noseO_o) also I find that on Emerald Island sometimes walking around the city suddenly appears conversations with people:like zedd true shot, alex the mentor(Who never says anything) and a dwarf(doom bearer) saying something about a disease and starvation and devoured by trolls and the stone city closed.
If i find something more and I can say I will do.Keep the good work. :D
Edit: Okay, I'm at my new computer(Donwloading lots of things) and I didn't go out of Emerald Island. However, I warn about one bug on BDJ MOD: when you start, if you go either left or right and don't go straight you won't get the message of BDJ talking with you and around the city(normaly in front of the doors), some talks spawned, in one with Zedd true shot(near the inn well) if you click on bow expert you won't be able to talk with him anymore(I go to his door, click on it and...nothing ;| . The names and the spells of the monsters changes correctly, as well as the names of some secondary skills(like light/medium/heavy armor). I load other save games and notice the spells changes(how many spells an archmage knows?I saw lightingbolt, dispel, the old shot of blasters and other which I don't remenber). In the future you will have to adapt the armors for the drake, because they hide the nose and are like floating :|
Anyway, on around two weeks may I install agian MM7 and try out another version.
one question, will Drakes have a unic secondary ability(like dragons on MM8)?

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 10 Jul 2008, 19:03

Thanks for this report. I want to say you - do not worry about armors! They not completed yet!

1. Drakes will have differ armor than other charecters.

2. This is only MM7, not MM8! So there is no difference between class\skills, so drakes won't have something unusual.

3. Bugs that you have must be solved: start new game, go forward, speack with BDJ, save the game or play. When you reload game bugs must not appear.

I just learning MM codes ;| can't do much things yet ;| but I will try!

Return to “Might and Magic”