MM7: Invisibility to Eeofol

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
eternaljwh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MM7: Invisibility to Eeofol

Unread postby eternaljwh » 11 Jun 2008, 20:54

I keep reading "behemoths are wider than some tunnels" in old threads...

But they're only 90% the size of the ones you actually have to get through, even if there're packs of three, meaning you have to wait for them to all randomly move to one of left/right side.

Anyone else actually had the patience to get through like this like I did back in the day?

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 11 Jun 2008, 21:58

I have. That place is WAY TOO CROWDED with WAY TOO MANY Behemoths! You gotta have patience. Or make sure you stand on top of a road who goes down, then go in turn based mode and land a few hits that make them go down again...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 11 Jun 2008, 22:59

Warlock Promotion would be so easy if there was a feasible way to get past those big, fat hairy ones.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 12 Jun 2008, 07:13

Yeah, well it's just cast invisibility and sneak around. Usualy you have to wait at some points, but with a little creativity you can go on without much trouble :)!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 12 Jun 2008, 08:11

Actually in all of my previous MM7 games I've always used invisibility to get through the Eofol tunnels. At certain parts of the tunnels it can be tricky - behemoths leave very little room to manouver and IIRC the player will need to cast Jump at least once and that dispels the invisibility.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 12 Jun 2008, 09:39

its quite tricky to use invis in those tunels but its doable. But even considering behemots are strong monsters they can be taken down due to their size since they often get stuck in small rooms and slow/parlisys effectively disables them. Personaly i consider all tunnell complex(tunderfist,to nighon and to eofol) as most boring dungeons. B

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 12 Jun 2008, 15:04

I had always thought it would be impossible to clear the tunnels with Invisibility, but I once found out that Jump isn't actually needed there. Even the tricky gap somewhere in the middle can be cleared with a regular jump, although it might be a bit tricky.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 12 Jun 2008, 15:08

I just whapped the behemoths to death with melee. I was having more trouble with the titans instant kills in eeofol and in the titan's stronghold...can't do the pit either so I stopped playing.

Breadblade
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Breadblade » 12 Jun 2008, 19:55

PhoenixReborn wrote:I just whapped the behemoths to death with melee. I was having more trouble with the titans instant kills in eeofol and in the titan's stronghold...can't do the pit either so I stopped playing.
You can stop instant death with GM Protection From Magic (Body).

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 13 Jun 2008, 02:52

Maybe I have a bug...it doesn't prevent it.

Suleman
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Suleman » 13 Jun 2008, 14:07

I've done it, both fully and partially. The partial one had me going through the first half or so invisible, until I could reach a certain spot where the behemoths would get stuck. After that, it was relatively easy run past them or lead them to the spot where they'd get stuck, and then be easy prey.
"Yes, but what about David Beckham and the magic mushroom?"

I'm baaaaaack!

Bimbasto
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Bimbasto » 13 Jun 2008, 17:02

I did it once, but not full way. (in regular game, not in MOD). Somewhere almost after the "jump" (usual one, not spell) invisibility was over. Rest just run, got some hits and one of characters was killed completely. The hardest spot in my opinion was last turn before exit. Usually there are three begomots and they blocking the way. Just necessary to wait a bit when they are moving ahead and after that just run around and no problem to finish. But while this team will get heavy hits from medusas.

Return to “Might and Magic”