MM8: Who to ally with?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
jeff4815
Pixie
Pixie

MM8: Who to ally with?

Unread postby jeff4815 » 08 May 2008, 14:04

The Necromancers or the Priests of the Sun?

I can't decide who's more evil and I'm very very indecisive when it comes to these sort of things.

Thoughts?
And there was much rejoicing...
"You want a piece of me?!"
Ithilgore trying to Identify a Dragon: "Haven't seen one before..."

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 08 May 2008, 21:42

Most true answer - It dosnt matter. only thing it changes is that you can either recruit additional lich/or priest of sun depending on choice. But i prefer to join with priests since you can retrive elipse shield without messing with allies and you dont have to fight in murmwood(altough not realy a problem since Armageddon spell deals with that quite nicely since murmwood dosnt have any friendly npc)

As for moral aspect we have megalomaniac lich in necro guild which dosnt take much action, and we have sun temple who takes quite aggressive stance on guild so they are pretty much aggressors this time

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 09 May 2008, 00:05

Well, keep it simple, make a extra savegame and call it "choosing sides" or something like that. Then just go on and pick on who you like best, think about the fact if you are evil enough for the necro's of good enough for the sunny boys. I choose the necro's cause i like evil stuff...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Bimbasto
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Bimbasto » 09 May 2008, 20:49

I think both options are interesting to play. Some differences. Experience for the quest: Clerics - 250 000, Necromancers - 65 000 for the all party. On the other hand, Brazier is very easy to get (even lvl 1 solo) but Skeleton Transformer could be destroyed after heavy combat.

Dess
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dess » 19 May 2008, 08:34

If you help the necromancers you get to work with SANDRO, the lich, the myth, the legend.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 19 May 2008, 08:39

In my last MM8 games I’ve always chosen priests – after that Shadowspire citizens don’t become hostile to party, just the opposite what happens in Murmurwoods if you choose necros. Not that it’s a big deal.

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 19 May 2008, 11:49

I prefer necros, and they aren`t doing much evil stuff anyway. But if you look from gameplay side then temple of sun probably is much better.

jeff4815
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby jeff4815 » 19 May 2008, 14:40

I simply compromised because I actually couldn't decide until yesterday.

I attacked the necromancer guild, desroyed the transformer and killed the inhabitants (I needed to get Eclipse anyways) then I went to the Temple of the Sun without reporting back to the main cleric, killed all the clerics inside, got the brazier, but by that point I could only ally with the Clerics I think.

So since they were both evil I killed both of them and didn't feel guilty.
And there was much rejoicing...
"You want a piece of me?!"
Ithilgore trying to Identify a Dragon: "Haven't seen one before..."

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 26 May 2008, 19:37

I'd choose the Necro's, because I think destroying the Skeleton Transformer is a silly quest ^^

Return to “Might and Magic”