MM7 - Any way to fix a broken promotion quest? Help!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Fraser
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MM7 - Any way to fix a broken promotion quest? Help!

Unread postby Fraser » 28 Apr 2008, 02:09

I cleared out the Mercenary's Hideout in Tatalia a while back, but did not get the Heart at that time -- I did not have the quest yet, so i didn;t take it.

Now that I have the quest, I've gone back, and the chest that the Heart is in will not open. All of the other chests will open, but not that one.

Is there a fix for this? Otherwise the character is pretty much useless and the game shot.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 28 Apr 2008, 02:17

Sounds like you did something the game did not expect. Most people just take the Heart of the wood if they visit that dungeon early.

I would suggest getting a save game editor (MM7View, MM7Che) and giving yourself the quest item to allow you to complete the quest.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: MM7 - Any way to fix a broken promotion quest? Help!

Unread postby HodgePodge » 28 Apr 2008, 15:53

Fraser wrote:I cleared out the Mercenary's Hideout in Tatalia a while back, but did not get the Heart at that time -- I did not have the quest yet, so i didn;t take it.

Now that I have the quest, I've gone back, and the chest that the Heart is in will not open. All of the other chests will open, but not that one.

Is there a fix for this? Otherwise the character is pretty much useless and the game shot.
For starters, I would go to the Judge's House in Harmondale and click on the 'I Lost It' option, it may be that he can give you the Heart. If not then use a Saved Game Editor to put the Heart of the Wood in one of your character's inventory. Below is the link to the MM Che Editors, just click on the appropriate number of the game you're playing … i.e.: for example for the MM7 editor, click on the 7

Might & Magic 6-8 Saved Game Editors

(@ UndeadHalfOrc: I love your little Lego Knight Guy Avatar. :-D )
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Re: MM7 - Any way to fix a broken promotion quest? Help!

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 29 Apr 2008, 15:21

HodgePodge wrote: (@ UndeadHalfOrc: I love your little Lego Knight Guy Avatar. :-D )
Thanks. My real idea though is to make my own photograph of my own lego knight minifiig, shiny sword included (instead of this official pic from a Lego set), but I'm lazy.

Fraser
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Fraser » 30 Apr 2008, 01:17

I did try the judge, but he says I never had it, and of course he's right.

Not being particularly good with cheats, I'll have to go back from an earlier save. Not such a big deal, I guess, except that I had just scored HUGE on magic armour from ore when I discovered my mistake, and I know I'm not likely to get the same quality items again. Retracing my steps, too, will be a pain because I can;t remember exactly what I'd done. Still, at least I don't have to redo the Tunnel to Nighon...

Anyway, thanks.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 30 Apr 2008, 03:53

Fraser wrote:I did try the judge, but he says I never had it, and of course he's right.

Not being particularly good with cheats …

Anyway, thanks.
Nonsense, this editor is the most user-friendly I've ever used. No need to go back, just download the editor, launch it, and find your current game.

Choose which character you want to give an item to and then click the tab for inventory, scroll down until you find the Heart of the Wood (about ¾ the way down the list) and click "Add Item" … VIOLA! your character will magically have the item in his or her inventory when you relaunch your game.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Return to “Might and Magic”