Can't get to the Shoals

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Fraser
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Can't get to the Shoals

Unread postby Fraser » 21 Apr 2008, 03:01

I have thf inal quest and my party members have their wetsuits on, but I can't seem to walk out to the Shoals.

Last time I played I just walked out, and got the travel screen This time, I've walked and walked, but I can't get out to where I need to go. I get to just where the water gets darker, and then that's it, I can't go any farther.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 21 Apr 2008, 13:11

I've always walked west from the western shores of Avlee. Doesn't matter where... heading off the map west takes care of it. Where are you trying to leave from?

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 22 Apr 2008, 19:35

Is the Water Walk spell cast? IIRC, you can't get there if it is.

Fraser
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Fraser » 24 Apr 2008, 04:01

Hmm. Water Walk. Of course. I will try without. I had started a new game, but kept all my game saves. I really wanted to put my level 75 party through the final scenes.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 25 Apr 2008, 19:32

Yes, the water walk stuff indeed. When you're with your suits, they're not needing any spells to survive, eh? They even smile when you get in the water. :rolleyes: Just before their smiles become a grimace of terror when entering the spaceship without armor, a lot of droids aiming you (and that awful sound effect of their attack resounding relentlessly in your ears).
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Fraser
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Fraser » 02 May 2008, 02:20

Hah. The first time I played MM7, years ago, I put on the wet suits and left all my gear back in Celeste. Craftily sneaked around the sharks almost undetected, got into the Portable Temple, rooted around in there for HOURS, and then sneaked off to the Lincoln.

Ouch. No gear.

Return to “Might and Magic”