Problems with music in MM7-8

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Dess
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Problems with music in MM7-8

Unread postby Dess » 20 Apr 2008, 14:18

Hello all, I have a slight problem with my sound in MM7-8, the music plays very choppy and irregular all of a sudden which it didnt do a month or so ago. (All other sounds still work just fine)

I suspect its an "update" to drivers screwing me over, but I might as well ask if anyone experianced the same things and if so, if they fixed it somehow.

Thanks

BMJedi
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BMJedi » 23 Apr 2008, 17:11

I'm having a similar problem which I just posted about.

My music works more or less okay, but I have trouble with voice tracks and a lot of sound effects.

I wonder if a recent Windows update could be the culprit? I'm pretty sure that I wasn't having this problem the last time I played.

BMJedi
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BMJedi » 23 Apr 2008, 18:18

I found a partial solution from

http://www.celestialheavens.com/viewpage.php?id=383

I forgot about turning the hardware sound acceleration all the way down in dxdiag.

I did this, and the problem just improved tremendously. Although it hasn't gone away completely, things are now much more pleasant and completely tolerable. Mostly just the fast-paced sounds like Arcomage or rapid-clicking multiple events at once are causing any problems for me at this point.

I remember now that I turned the sound acceleration back up to play other games the last time I stopped playing MM7, and when I came back to it, as I have recently to play BDJ's Rev4Mod, I had totally forgotten this issue.

Anyway, turn the hardware sound acceleration down and see if it helps you.

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 24 Apr 2008, 10:10

Please provide a reply with your current sound configuration. Perhaps between this post and BMJedi's I may find a common cause.
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.

Return to “Might and Magic”