Messed up Knight promotions? Or just missed? Help!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Fraser
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Messed up Knight promotions? Or just missed? Help!

Unread postby Fraser » 25 Mar 2008, 04:33

I seem to have missed the promotion from Cavalier to the next level. I have rescued Alice Hargreaves,which is supposed to get me to Hero status, but it didn't. I must have missed whatever quest was supposed to happen before that. My Cavalier is still a Cavalier, even after talking to Quixote in Erathia.

Can someone tell me what that intervening quest is? I can't for the life of me work it out. Also, is it now too late to get the final promotion.

And one other question -- where is the Arena? I'mnow at level 56 ad I think the fights are levelled to my party's, and I haven't been able to find it all through the game.

I seem to have really messed up this game.

Edwardas 3
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Edwardas 3 » 25 Mar 2008, 08:10

You messed up quests
Alice is second Paladin quest
5 knight level arena victories is Knight's second promo

Bimbasto
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Bimbasto » 25 Mar 2008, 11:18

1. Palladin quest is to kill Dragon. You can get this quest from Quixote. After you will decide, which path to follow, you could receive quest for second promotion. Light - rescue Alice (Quixote), Dark - retrieve Alice from Castle (Setag).
Arena: on Sundays fom Harmondale by the J.V.C Corral.
BTW, on level 56 Arena combat could be difficult.

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 25 Mar 2008, 13:33

The quest giver for the final knight promotion is in the Bracada Desert, north of the school of sorcery, if I remember right. The person lives in a house on one of the steep hills, or whatever they are.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Messed up Knight promotions? Or just missed? Help!

Unread postby HodgePodge » 25 Mar 2008, 16:03

Fraser wrote:I seem to have missed the promotion from Cavalier to the next level. I have rescued Alice Hargreaves,which is supposed to get me to Hero status, but it didn't. I must have missed whatever quest was supposed to happen before that. My Cavalier is still a Cavalier, even after talking to Quixote in Erathia.

Can someone tell me what that intervening quest is? I can't for the life of me work it out. Also, is it now too late to get the final promotion.

And one other question -- where is the Arena? I'mnow at level 56 ad I think the fights are levelled to my party's, and I haven't been able to find it all through the game.

I seem to have really messed up this game.
If I remember correctly, the first Knight Promotion Quest is to clear out the Haunted House in Barrow Downs. You do this one first and after you choose your path (Light or Dark) then you can either go to that Cavalier guy in Erathia (Dark Path) or the lady in Bracada Desert (Light Path).

The rescue Alice quest is the second promotion for Paladin (Light Path). The first Paladin quest is to kill the Dragon in Tatalia. And you should do that one before you choose a path.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Edwardas 3
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Edwardas 3 » 25 Mar 2008, 17:44

By default
denominations are,for Light :
Paladin-Crusader(kill Wormtrax)-Hero(rescue Alice H.)
Knight-Cavalier(clean mansion in BD)-Champion(5 victories)

So Cavalier must not save Alice
but win 5 victories on arena knight level
for champion promoter-
Lady Rowan,
Bracada Desert

Fraser
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Fraser » 26 Mar 2008, 06:22

Argh.

I hope I get that last promotion after all this, even if I did the quests out of order. I'd complete my Archmage Promotion now, but I'm afraid if I level up too much I'll never get that Champion promotion. Next time I'm doing this one at level 20 or so. Thank goodness my Priest of the Light can hold her own, but my Spy takes way too much damage, even with all the great gear he has, and he's slowing everybody else down

Even so, I've done three of the Arena fights on Knight level without much trouble at all, but the fourth battle seems to throw too much at me and I can't get through it.

Those moving platforms in the arena must be useful for something. My batle strategy up till now is to get up close and personal, simply because if I move around I'm out of turn-based mode, and even with dragons and the occasional Ancient Behemoth I've been just fine, but if you put those two together and add Masters of the Sword, it's big trouble. I need a new strategy.

I think I'll try standing on one of the platforms to see if that helps.

Bimbasto
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Bimbasto » 26 Mar 2008, 07:18

Just some thoughts about Arena. I usually using possibilities to cast spells before fighting and last one could be Invisibility. After that you can choose the best position for start. Then, first priority is to take out shooters/spell casters. Platforms can help while that.
However, monsters are every time different, tactics could be different also.
Good luck.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 26 Mar 2008, 16:07

You can't really mess up in MM7. You also can't do any of the promotion quests out of order, the game doesn't let you. If you've done the 'Save Alice Quest' for instance, you must have already done the 'Kill Wormthrax Quest' and have decided on the Light Path.

In the Arena, the higher your characters' levels, the more difficult is the fighting. Hiding & dodging attacks behind barriers helps … and have your Cleric/Priest at the ready with Cure Wounds and/or Power Cure. If you don't have these spells yet, I would suggest getting them before you enter the Arena at a high level & also you may want to hire a Healer or two for your NPC's.

Those platforms do serve a purpose … mostly either to hide behind when they are in the up position or to stand on top of them to give your ranged weapons a better advantage. However, in the down position, you will find yourself up close and personal to your combatants.

The Arena battles are doable at even at higher levels; but you may find your party faced with 10 or 20 Gold Dragons. Then I would head over to the steps where you first talked to that Titan Arena Master Guy and fight from there as this will give your party some protection. Still, the battle will be tough. Good luck, I'm sure you'll finally figure out a good battle strategy and get that promotion. :)

Fraser
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Fraser » 27 Mar 2008, 03:05

I did get the Champion promotion finally -- but isn't Hero the highest promotion level for a Knight? Because I did not get a promotion when I rescued Alice Hargreaves, and I did get - and complete -- that quest before I did the Arena Quest, and now there is no conversation option with Quixote.

I lucked out in the last two fights after all-- nothing but Power Liches, Seeker Droids, Ancient Wyverns, Thunderbirds and the Odd Elven Archer and Water sprite --no match for my party, even with my unpromoted Wizard.

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 27 Mar 2008, 12:34

I usually try to get the knight battles out of the way early on... they're *so* much easier at level 5... ;)

I haven't found the platforms to be particularly useful, but that could just be my limited brain power on certain days. I *do* utilize the steps when needed... going to one side or the other, you can get walls on two sides and all the beasties in front of you, making it much easier. And those that don't go in front of you are usually on the other side or caught on the steps... since you can attack the steps area from below, you can avoid many of their attacks.

Glad you got it through!

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 27 Mar 2008, 16:27

Hero is the 2nd promotion for Paladin (Light Path) & Champion is the 2nd promotion for Knight (Light Path). In MM7 (and MM6 too) you are allowed to do all the Promotion Quests for all classes, but only your characters that are the official class types will actually get the promotion benefits. All the others will be considered an "Honorary" class type.

I'm assuming that you have chosen the Light Path due to getting the Champion Promotion. You should really get your Wizard promoted. Go to Bracada Desert to the School of Sorcery and get the quest from Thomas Grey. If you have already built your Golem, then the next quest is to acquire the Book of Divine Intervention. You'll be amazed at how much your Wizard's power will be increased after getting promoted.

Edwardas 3
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Edwardas 3 » 28 Mar 2008, 21:30

Do you play mod or original game?

Fraser
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Fraser » 30 Mar 2008, 02:02

Original game.

Yes, I finally got my mage promoted. She's really only got a couple of spells that are worth using, now that my Priest has Grandmastery in Light.

Next time I'm going for Dark Magic, for a change.

Return to “Might and Magic”