Clanker's Lab

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Fraser
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Clanker's Lab

Unread postby Fraser » 18 Mar 2008, 05:29

I know there's a secret door in the library, but I can't find the darned thing(eyes not too good any more). One of my characters has Perception Mastery, but I'm not getting any help from that. I remember that the way in is in that little nook to the side of the library, but I can't see any way of getting in. Any hints welcome.

Edit -- I should add that I have a very hard time finding these things in this game. For some reason I just can't see them. In the Faerie Mound I must have spent thre or four hours looking for the way into the last nook, where the wall dead ends. I systematically clicked on every single brick on every wall -- which is not easy to do, since you can't really look down in this game. I never did find the way in, even though I was absolutely determined not to stop looking until I found it. In the end it was either give up or throw my laptop at the wall.

In Clanker's Lab I swear I've clicked on every book, but I have to add that I don't see any books sticking out, the way the book sticks out in the Haunted House. And I've clicked at the wall in the Lab until my patience has run very thin.

Shouldn't my perception skill make things stand out in red?

Bimbasto
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Bimbasto » 18 Mar 2008, 07:01

You right, this book is very hard to see.
You have to stay near to left side of the closest shelf to these doors. Left, if you are looking from doors(secret ones). So, the sight should be that way that you see the wall of the shelf and a little bit (under sharp angle) the books. Necessary book is on the top shelf, 3.or 4. from the shelfs wall, left side. It is a little bit out of other books line. Just click on it.
May be it will help.
Good luck!

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Clanker's Lab

Unread postby Avonu » 18 Mar 2008, 07:17

Fraser wrote:In the Faerie Mound I must have spent thre or four hours looking for the way into the last nook, where the wall dead ends. I systematically clicked on every single brick on every wall -- which is not easy to do, since you can't really look down in this game.
There isn't entrance per se. You must go aroung hill (don't step on it) and your team will be teleported "below". One more round and they will be teleported into entrance.
In Clanker's Lab I swear I've clicked on every book, but I have to add that I don't see any books sticking out, the way the book sticks out in the Haunted House. And I've clicked at the wall in the Lab until my patience has run very thin.
Shouldn't my perception skill make things stand out in red?
Yes, but it is still hard to spot these books. You must look at some angle.

lordskeleton
Pixie
Pixie
Location: Sweden (You know, polar bears, close to switzerland)

Re: Clanker's Lab

Unread postby lordskeleton » 18 Mar 2008, 09:14

There isn't entrance per se. You must go aroung hill (don't step on it) and your team will be teleported "below". One more round and they will be teleported into entrance.
I think Fraser meant the cellar with the dragonflies. Use the spacebar to check the walls, the brick which covers the keyhole is on the short wall on your right before you enter the dead end. Took me about a year to find it. Though the treasures aren't that fabulous.
"Every enemy I've met I've annihilated!"
"Ehm.. Oh yeah?... well... eh... You fight like a cow!"

Fraser
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Fraser » 19 Mar 2008, 01:49

Thank you.

I really must be half-blind not to see that!

Return to “Might and Magic”