Argh. MM7 Walls of Mist

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Fraser
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Argh. MM7 Walls of Mist

Unread postby Fraser » 16 Mar 2008, 23:18

I have the three keys, finally, but I can't make the keys work in the three locks. I've tried picking up the key in inventory and then clicking it on the keyhole, and I know I'm using the right key on the correct pillar, but the keyholes register as "Nothing there."

I know there's a simple solution to this, as I've done the quest in the past, but I can't for the life of me figure it out as my characters keep dying very quickly as they stand there fumbling with keys.(I think I'm doing this quest too early in the game).

Any help appreciated.

Also, once I have the three keys, can I leave the dungeon and make one more run at it later in the game? I have not done most of the promotion quests yet as I can't find the Golem arms, and the Thief promotion quest is just too hard, and I have no idea what the Priest promotion quest is, so I obviously haven;t done that. My characters are around level 21/22, but they just haven't got the oomph they need without getting promoted so they can use Master level spells. But it's taken such ans effort to get the three keys in the Walls of Mist that I really don;t want to do it again.

Or, can I kill everything, get the loot, hen go back later and do the quest without killing anything? I'm getting bored.

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 17 Mar 2008, 00:03

You can't kill anything at all. Kill = useless keys.

Getting the keys to work is pretty simple. Collect all the keys in one characters inventory, pick the character and click on the keyhole. If the keyhole doesn't register then use spacebar frequently from different angles.

And you can run the quest whenever you like to, but if you have all the keys it seems kinda pointless not to complete the quest :D

Fraser
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Fraser » 17 Mar 2008, 00:37

Huh. I wonder if the quest has to reset itself. Anyway, I will try to get back i nthere and try th keys again, once my sorceress has some beef behind her spells.

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 17 Mar 2008, 04:12

I always use the spacebar. Clicking works somewhat randomly for me. Hope you got through... :)

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 17 Mar 2008, 06:37

bungleau wrote:I always use the spacebar. Clicking works somewhat randomly for me. Hope you got through... :)
Yes! Put all the keys in one character's inventory. Be sure that character is selected. Walk up to each lock and hit the SPACEBAR instead of trying to click on it. The spacebar will work. :)
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Bimbasto
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Bimbasto » 17 Mar 2008, 07:52

One more hint, in my opinion. Did these things without Invisibility (just cheked out possibility to do so). Started from RIGHT pillar (that one is most difficult to open). Position should be straight opposit to keyhole an distance pretty close. In Turn Based mode klick and Spacebar (possible together). After that run to central one an do the same. Last one (left) is easy, almost no problem. Will be 3 TB, so team should have reserve of Hit points for some damage. Possible to keep only one character alive, that, who has Disarm ability to open box near exit.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 17 Mar 2008, 08:11

I’m always completing Walls of Mist with Invisibility, usually in two runs. Grab two keys, run outside, recast Invisibility, grab the third key, grab all gold and use all barrels and out – the guardians never realize that I was there.

Bimbasto
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Bimbasto » 17 Mar 2008, 10:56

That is right. With Invisibility there are no problems in two/three runs. I just checked out the Soul Jars. There were opinion, that these Jars dissapearing after leaving dungeon (dungeon resets each time after leaving). So, I did not find the Jars anyway. I assume, that at first I should have quest "on hands". May be I am wrong.

Fraser
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Fraser » 18 Mar 2008, 05:27

In the end I decided to do my promotion quests, since I had forgotten ;| about turn-based combat!

IN TBC I was able to complete the Thief, Priest and Wizard promotion quests without much of a problem, as well as cleaning out the Mercenary hideout.

I'll go back to the Walls of Mist once I have the Invisibility spell. I had forgotten that one -- and I remember now that I cleaned the place out, all the loot, all the barrels, and completed the whole thing without a hitch, last time I played.

Return to “Might and Magic”