School of Sorcery Library (MM7)

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
AndyNZ
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

School of Sorcery Library (MM7)

Unread postby AndyNZ » 12 Mar 2008, 02:18

Hi. According to the walkthrough of MM7 on the castlegobs.nl website it's possible to get 4 scrolls each week from the library in the School of Sorcery. (It's called "Scroll Shop" in the walkthrough.) But when I play it the library only makes one scroll available each week (and to make things worse it makes me rejoin the library each time when membership is supposed to last for six months).

Am I doing something wrong or is there 2 different versions of the game?

Dracomancer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dracomancer » 12 Mar 2008, 05:58

I think I have encountered this myself, so maybe it's a bug?
I maintain nonetheless that yin-yang dualism can be overcome. With sufficient enlightenment we can give substance to any distinction: mind without body, north without south, pleasure without pain. Remember, enlightenment is a function of willpower, not of physical strength.
Chairman Sheng-ji Yang, "Essays on Mind and Matter"

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: School of Sorcery Library (MM7)

Unread postby Avonu » 12 Mar 2008, 08:10

AndyNZ wrote:it's possible to get 4 scrolls each week from the library in the School of Sorcery. (It's called "Scroll Shop" in the walkthrough.) But when I play it the library only makes one scroll available each week
I trying this right now two times - for the first time I obtained 5 scrolls and a book, for the second time I obtained 2 scrolls and a book.
I suppose it is random - you can obtain up to 5 scrolls but you also can obtain 1 scroll. Just save (or use autosave) before enter into School of Sorcery and if you don't find enough scrolls, just reload (same like finding treasures in chest or bodies).
Be sure to hit all bookshelves several times - sometime they can have more then one item.

AndyNZ
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: School of Sorcery Library (MM7)

Unread postby AndyNZ » 12 Mar 2008, 11:38

Avonu wrote:I trying this right now two times - for the first time I obtained 5 scrolls and a book, for the second time I obtained 2 scrolls and a book.
I suppose it is random - you can obtain up to 5 scrolls but you also can obtain 1 scroll. Just save (or use autosave) before enter into School of Sorcery and if you don't find enough scrolls, just reload (same like finding treasures in chest or bodies).
Be sure to hit all bookshelves several times - sometime they can have more then one item.
Thanks for trying it - it's good to get the experience of others. :)

In the walkthrough they always seem to get 4 scrolls every time.

For me, If I wait one week there will be only one item there.
If I wait (say) 3 weeks there will be 3 items.
...I think that's how it's working for me.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 12 Mar 2008, 15:28

its random what or how many books/scrolls you recive.
Also i expirienced same thing that i must rejoin every week so i rather save my 5k gold on something else, like buying books i need rather than gambling

AndyNZ
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AndyNZ » 13 Mar 2008, 11:01

tress wrote:its random what or how many books/scrolls you recive.
Also i expirienced same thing that i must rejoin every week so i rather save my 5k gold on something else, like buying books i need rather than gambling
I also chose to ignore that library (even if the membership had lasted for six months) until I read the walkthrough and decided to try a "speed game" myself. Lloyd's Beacon scrolls are needed to achieve the best time.
However, I think it is still possible to finish the game in 4 months, 11 (or maybe 12) days with only 7 Lloyd's Beacon scrolls (assuming you have one sorcerer/wizard in your party) - it just means that you can only train up to level 12 or 13 instead of level 14 or 15.

AndyNZ
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AndyNZ » 14 Mar 2008, 06:56

tress wrote:its random what or how many books/scrolls you recive.
You're right. I've been able to get up to 6 books/scrolls at a time!
...That's if I get them one after the other without saving when I get a good one and reloading if I get a bad one - If I do that it's very hard to get 6 ...but I did get 5 great scrolls in one visit. :-D

Thanks for your help with this, everyone. :)

Roj
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Roj » 30 Apr 2008, 17:33

To get necessary scrolls from the School, you can save just before checking for the books and scrolls. Pay money, then save the game and then check for scrolls.

Return to “Might and Magic”