MM8: Game resulotion too big?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Sacred
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MM8: Game resulotion too big?

Unread postby Sacred » 03 Mar 2008, 21:10

Hey!

I managed to make the game work in XP even without the tool (I later on made sure that wasn't the problem so I rechecked it with the tool). But... I then tried to start it. Seemed to work fine around a half second then it switches to desktop and say something like "To run this application the resolution Should not be less than 800 x 600". Though, I can make Mandate of Heaven work, but not the eight? I can't figure how to make it windowed and I can't remember the parameters to change the resolution of an .exe, but have someone tried this - and does someone know how to solve it?

By the way, I DID try change it to windowed mode in the MM8Setup. But it ignores it and just resets the settings. And of course, the error comes again :/

Can someone please help me? :)

Best regards,

Sacred :)

Sacred
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sacred » 04 Mar 2008, 18:42

Ok, I tweaked and tortured my computer in any way to solve it, and all I had to do was to change the colors to 16 bit and THEN make it windowed... Though, now I have another problem: I've been through that lizard temple(Can't remember the name), but after that trip it seems like that I can't open up my main characters inventory without crashing the game. I can't even right click on him without everything turning upside down. I've been googling around, but I still can't find any solution to this?

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 04 Mar 2008, 18:49

Sounds very odd :S All I know is that many older games can't handle over 16bit colours if in window mode, but you already knew that... where's those tech-gurus...

Not much help, just posting so you won't feel ignored :) Welcome to the forum.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

dcinroc
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dcinroc » 05 Mar 2008, 18:32

I believe the issue with the inventory is a bug unrelated to your other problem. It seems to me that there was an earlier thread on this board that discussed it.

I had inventory crashes, but I think that just reloading the game solved it.

Return to “Might and Magic”