Editing question: Monster spells

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Apeman
Peasant
Peasant

Editing question: Monster spells

Unread postby Apeman » 06 Feb 2008, 20:49

Which spells can actually be used by monsters besides the ones that are already used by monsters.

I did a few tests: blades, implosion do not work.

Are there spells not used by a monster in the game (MMVI in this case) that can be used by monsters?

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 06 Feb 2008, 22:28

Well, in MM7 some earth elementals can cast blades

I know this is about MM6 but in MM7, imagine how devastating it would be for your Lich if monsters could cast Destroy Undead. 16 + 16 X skill damage (stronger than Incinerate). Instant, non-projectile, never misses.

Apeman
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Apeman » 07 Feb 2008, 11:35

That would be cool. As I said I tried to have a goblin cast implosion and blades. That did not work, on the main menu screen when I boot the game I get an error "unknown monster spell"

Ice blast and Fire blast do work. I guess I'll fiddle around and see what spells actually work. I hope starburst and inferno work, those would be killer spells for monsters.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 08 Feb 2008, 09:10

If i remember right in MM6 one of flying devil type could cast meteor shower and it was prety much killer for team unless you were flying or heavly outlevel them

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 08 Feb 2008, 18:24

tress wrote:If i remember right in MM6 one of flying devil type could cast meteor shower and it was prety much killer for team unless you were flying or heavly outlevel them
I found them to be even more dangerous in MM7 even with Fly, because in addition to have most demons constantly casting meteor shower, there is a huge swarm of them at the base of their dungeon, and the strongest ones can drain your mana AT A DISTANCE, so assuming you're flying over them and sniping them with spells/arrows, if the mana drain hits your sorcerer (or whoever is having the Fly spell active), prepare to fall to your flaming death. I died many times because of this :)

In my last game, I had no elemental casters. I had to make MANY runs and kill every single of them at melee range, while running to avoid getting "showered", and going out of range to heal then try again. Luckily, my character's melee damage was immense and none of these foul creatures lasted more than a few seconds to my knight/monk/paladin/cleric supreme melee power. (I had no Enchant Item spell, but I got lucky and managed to find really nice +Armsmaster and +Unarmed items). Sometimes I would snipe some of them with dual Sun Ray ( in my mod, I allow Paladins and Archers to Master the mirror paths).

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 08 Feb 2008, 21:31

UndeadHalfOrc wrote:and the strongest ones can drain your mana AT A DISTANCE
Odd, I never noticed that. But the Kreegan ability to drain sp is one of the main reasons I always try to have an item of regeneration or three, for my healer if no one else.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 08 Feb 2008, 21:51

Kareeah Indaga wrote:But the Kreegan ability to drain sp is one of the main reasons I always try to have an item of regeneration or three, for my healer if no one else.
IIRC bonuses from regeneration items don't stack (except lich soul jar), so it doesn't matter if you have one or six mana (or life) regeneration rings or other items - only one work.

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 08 Feb 2008, 22:12

Avonu wrote:IIRC only bonuses from regeneration items don't stack (except lich soul jar), so it doesn't matter if you have one or six mana (or life) regeneration rings, belts or clocks - only one work.
I knew someone was going to bring that up after I posted it. :)

Yes I know; I meant for the whole party; IOW I give the first ring of mana regeneration to the cleric, the next one goes to the sorcerer, the next one to the paladin and so on until I run out of people who could use them. :) HP-regenerating items may be distributed in a different order, but same principle. But I always try to have at least one, so if I get desparate I can swap who has it.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 08 Feb 2008, 22:22

My current MM7 game has no clerical magic user at all, so HP regeneration rings are a must-have. I save-load in front of magic shops just to make sure they sell at least one.

It's also the very first time I use a Healer NPC. Only works once a day, but still useful.

My party is Thief-Archer-Archer-Sorcerer.

I just completed the Rogue promotion by zipping in, snatching the vase, then using the Jump spell over those nasty crusaders blocking the doorway ;)

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 09 Feb 2008, 07:22

Kareeah Indaga wrote:I knew someone was going to bring that up after I posted it. :)
Maybe you should become a seer or a prophetess? ;)

motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Re: Editing question: Monster spells

Unread postby motter28218 » 16 Feb 2008, 23:02

Apeman wrote:Which spells can actually be used by monsters besides the ones that are already used by monsters.

I did a few tests: blades, implosion do not work.

Are there spells not used by a monster in the game (MMVI in this case) that can be used by monsters?
Blades will work, pm me if you want to know how to do it, which monster are you trying have cast blades by the way??

Otter

dcinroc
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dcinroc » 17 Feb 2008, 19:11

Yes, I would think Blades should work. The earth elementals in the Watchtower use the Blades spell.

Apeman
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Apeman » 18 Feb 2008, 09:42

I am talking exclusively about MM VI and I know for certain that no monster uses blades in the entire game. The earth elementals in Kriegspire use rock blast.

Return to “Might and Magic”