M&M 7: Walls of Mist (Help Needed)

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Larec
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

M&M 7: Walls of Mist (Help Needed)

Unread postby Larec » 26 Jan 2008, 07:30

I recently picked this game back up again. I stopped because my light-side party (In their low 20's, level wise) are stuck in the walls of mist in Celeste.

They say I can't kill anything there or I fail the "test", yet I can't seem to make it through even a few second without attacking, because I get mauled by the sheer number of beasts that crowd around me.

Is there a trick to this quest? I thought the game was painfully easy until now. M&M1-6 were never this rough!!! (and I beat them all multiple times!)

accabear
Scout
Scout

Unread postby accabear » 26 Jan 2008, 07:51

Use invisibility. You'll need someone master air magic to do this Otherwise you'll have to just resort to buffing your characters as much as you can, especially with air resistance and running about and doing the quest in segments probably with the aid of town portal to teleport out of sticky situations.

Apeman
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Apeman » 26 Jan 2008, 09:08

No need for invisibility. All you need to do is make testruns. Learn where the keys are and the switches that lead to them. Once you know where all those things are do one run at a time. Just run straight to the key, double back and exit the walls of mist through the entrance. You will keep the key this way and you can heal. Do the same for the other two keys and exit through the back when you have all keys.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 27 Jan 2008, 03:19

Apeman wrote:No need for invisibility. All you need to do is make testruns. Learn where the keys are and the switches that lead to them. Once you know where all those things are do one run at a time. Just run straight to the key, double back and exit the walls of mist through the entrance. You will keep the key this way and you can heal. Do the same for the other two keys and exit through the back when you have all keys.
Yeah, but with Invisibility, it's so much more fun sneaking around those Genies & Sorcerers & Air Elementals … and get some treasure too. :-D
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Apeman
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Apeman » 27 Jan 2008, 09:30

Also true but I like to come back to that place when I'm more powerful and really earn that money by battling all those monsters. Also I normally do not have Air master magic because of the promotion quest (golem) which is quite difficult (Avlee island).

UndeadHalfOrc
Titan
Titan

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 27 Jan 2008, 15:20

Apeman wrote:Also true but I like to come back to that place when I'm more powerful and really earn that money by battling all those monsters. Also I normally do not have Air master magic because of the promotion quest (golem) which is quite difficult (Avlee island).
Water Walk + Water Resistance + Run like hell to the chest and back = easy golem piece

And for the Druid promotion, the Stonehenge surrounded by Wyverns, I just run like hell to it, then cast feather fall and water walk, then jump off the cliff and run back to the main town.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 28 Jan 2008, 06:06

Apeman wrote:Also true but I like to come back to that place when I'm more powerful and really earn that money by battling all those monsters. Also I normally do not have Air master magic because of the promotion quest (golem) which is quite difficult (Avlee island).
Hiring a Wind Master & Gate Master helps a whole lot early on in the game.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

accabear
Scout
Scout

Unread postby accabear » 28 Jan 2008, 06:32

HodgePodge wrote:
Hiring a Wind Master & Gate Master helps a whole lot early on in the game.
Yeah fly makes all these collection/pick up quests so much easier, same with town portal. Fly also means less walking about and makes it so much faster to get from one side of a map to another and allows you to effectively skip alot of monsters in hard places, although I found I did more of that in Might and Magic 6 rather than in 7.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 28 Jan 2008, 11:50

First way of doing is with invis. Just run throu and colect keys. If you dont have anyone with invis and you feel yourself strong enough to wipe that place you can kill everyone, collect keys, go out thus reseting dungeon. Then run through , use 3 keys and exit on other side.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 28 Jan 2008, 15:45

This quest really turned me off. It's completely counter to the rest of the game and it turns into an action game when my invisibility (druid so only master level) spell wears off. It's the reason I stopped playing mm7.

CoffeeGnome
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby CoffeeGnome » 28 Jan 2008, 23:10

This one is far funner when playing evil and going in here for the lich quest. If you feel overpowered with this first battle, concentrate on the sorcerers and wizards in the group. (Remember not to use berserk upon them because even though some of the other monsters will attack them, their light elementals will still attack you. :devil: )
Then after this area is cleaned-out, you can rest here between each of the other three sections.
Coffee, coffee, coffee!

Return to “Might and Magic”