MM7Rev4modR1 a mod for might and magic 7 has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Ins
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

great

Unread postby Ins » 10 Mar 2008, 16:18

She's been there all along for me, although I haven't seen Quixote yet.
thanks for the reply that told me all i needed :)

my conclusion; dont play with a saved game, your quests will be corrupted
(reminds me of the part where BDJ said "Replace" events instead of making new ones etc.")

in Erathia there was this one "guy" talking about his husband who was missing etc. i think the icon should be female..

also. the second class merging sounds sweet.
good work on R2. keep it up![/quote]

kognefaure
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kognefaure » 10 Mar 2008, 17:32

No words, it is incredible. Vori 8| so this land exists or is it a joke? Is it possible to reach it in the default game?

I'm starting an all new party just for the new version :D

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 10 Mar 2008, 17:44

Couldn't you hold it back for 50 days? I'll have ended College by then... :D

Qusari
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Qusari » 10 Mar 2008, 18:03

Got it B-) will play asap........... finished original 3 days ago......hope I am prepared now

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 10 Mar 2008, 18:04

Have you added Vori as a playable region in this mod? How about some pictures? :)

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 10 Mar 2008, 18:45

Dammit! I'm in Charlotte today, and won't be home until tomorrow! I'll have to download it then...

I'm torn between continuing on in the Rev 1 version or starting anew. I *think* I'd like to do everything and start fresh, but three bows of carnage make for an *awfully* nice ranged attack... :)

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 10 Mar 2008, 21:47

arturchix wrote:Have you added Vori as a playable region in this mod? How about some pictures? :)
How about writing a bit about the mod on the front page :devious:

Just noticed that we joined CH on the same day :|

Edwardas 3
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Edwardas 3 » 10 Mar 2008, 22:51

Hey @Justice !
'I've been expecting you' - an old MM school fan!
:D

So you want to try R2 out,or ask some advice on your current game?
What on Ubisoft Heroes tavern full of live as usual ?(joke)

Yeah and guys...don't you worry about Vori !
:-D

Vilx
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

A patch!

Unread postby Vilx » 11 Mar 2008, 05:15

A new patch to Rel2 so quick!
Thanks goodness, I'm just in Harmondale, not a pity to start from scratch.
A couple notes about Rel2 so far
-still red barrels not fixed
-apples on trees on January? May be it is too far easy? Innkeepers still are selling food anyway; cannot see reason for this.
-found in Harmondale four(!!!) lvl3 wandering NPC's, master healers. Not a too much? How about to keep some reasonable challenge for player?

Dont mind if I'm too tedious on such things. The mod itself IMHO is a best thing happened into a M&M universe since MM9 release ( I do not count DM - it is game of different genre), and I simply wish it to be as good as possible.
Still cannot post any replies at BDJ's blog.

Edwardas 3
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Edwardas 3 » 11 Mar 2008, 10:56

Vilx, I think you shall post that thing
-red barrels and so on his blog ,BDJ probably doesn't know that
Don't know, I think: he works to implement 'dark path so he doesn't have time for beta-testing.

P;S, O-oops,sorry now I see - you can not post on his Blog !
All right I'm going copy and paste your post for you.

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 11 Mar 2008, 15:40

Hey Edwardas :-)

I'm not planning to do either of the tihngs you mentioned. I've beaten the R1 (found the scrolls the day after asking for hel por something like that :disagree: ) and I won't have time to play R2 before school is over. We have holidays now, but I've gotten homework and will be travelling for a week with a quintet I'm in. After that, and from a few weeks ago, the race for good grades is on. Currently I'm on 9,8 out of 11... Only need to increase my grades by 20 points if I want a clear 11 :devious: but I'll probably settle around 10 due to maths, physics and chemistry :disagree:

Regarding the Ubisoft Tavern, it's as lively as a coffin without a vampire. Probably equally due to Real Life interventions and many of the oldtimers disliking Ubisoft's games.

I don't understand why CH doesn't say a bit about this mod on the front page though :|

Edwardas 3
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Edwardas 3 » 11 Mar 2008, 17:31

by: BigDaddyJim
Latest Upload

BigDaddyJim
Vilx via LG,

I've had problems posting replies to this site, myself. Come back later and it all works again. Gotta be a systemic problem with File Front. But hey! they are offering a tremendous service to gamers ... and the price is right.

Thanks for the'Bug' reports. Reports like these are the only way to get this game up 'n' running.

The apples-from-trees in Harmondale will have to remain as-is. The MM games have database file size limits and I decided to delete the logic in Harmondale for the 'change in seasons' to make room for essential game quest logics in Harmondale.

The Master Healer issue goes way back to Jan2008 as an 'experiment' in coding and debug. Just forgot to 'restore' the balance after the debug session. It has been corrected and will be OK in the next "Patch". For now, just don't hire any Master Healers (ignore them).

The Might Barrel award was an oversight by me. My Bad. They have been corrected to give +5 Might. Again, the change will be in the next "Patch".

The game is designed to be relatively easy through the Courier Guild quest(s) and then it picks up a-bit. Not too much. However, when the party becomes more advanced, in the R2, you have encounters that will require you to return to a Healer several times before clearing out certain areas and completing certain quests. In the 'new' essential quest towards End Game you'll wish it was easier! And the Gauntlet, although not too bad, has some special 'rules' that make it difficult and quite 'challenging'.

So play on. And keep reporting those 'Bugs' so I can get 'em fixed.

Happy Gaming!

BDJ

Qusari
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Qusari » 11 Mar 2008, 19:04

In the small village near Harmondale I found 2 experience Teachers both give you a 10 % bonus on your experience for only 3 % gold ( Leona and Cian) is that correct so ?

Since there are also 2 Master Healers in this village I thought that maybe the 2 teachers were also from an experiment....

I am wondering if I shall keep them....

Edwardas 3
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Edwardas 3 » 11 Mar 2008, 20:11

Hey Qusari!
I don't use master healer -he takes 50% of all gold you find-that is too much !!!!
I've to use Cleric class anywhere because only her can cast Protection Magic spell on Grandmaster level-it is only protection against 'Instant Death'
ability of Ancient Wyverns ,Minotaur Kings and Blood Titans.
Regeneration rate on GM level also great.
In this version R2 it would be -once possible to change class.
So I can change well-developed Cleric to some more brutish class .
There're also Dark Path patch in progress and highly intruging
rumors about MM8's mod .

BTW:
You have wonderfull taste-I've seen your mod to Dodd slayer mod for Wiz8.

Bimbasto
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Bimbasto » 12 Mar 2008, 08:04

Hi everybody,
Started to run R2. Vilx already posted about barrel on the roof (Erathia, Currier guild). In this version (I mean R2) situation the same - after click barrel disapears and no effect after that (at least I didnt recognise any).

Edwardas 3
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Edwardas 3 » 12 Mar 2008, 15:18

This one,atop of courier guild' doubles the one in Old Temple of the Moon dungeon on Emerald Island granting you 'Merchant expert 6'.Probably, for users who did not clicked on barrel from Emerald Island.
Here your answer Vilx

**To Vilx via LG,

First of all, congrats on completing the R1 game! I’m glad that you found it somewhat enjoyable!

Second – thanks (once again) for the invaluable “Bug Report” feedback. Here’s my response to the items you reported.

(1) The Maximus ‘mess’ will be cleaned-up with the next patch. Since I went back to the Judas House **before** getting promoted in Blaster Skill, the ‘bug’ did not appear in my play testing. Should be an easy ‘fix’.

(2) Glad you ‘discovered’ the ‘new’ Experience Well in The Bracada! Now, to address that ‘pesky’ “I found it!” loophole from the original MM7 game. It has been ‘fatally’ corrected! So players will no longer be able to ‘exploit’ this loophole for any purpose. Glad you reminded me of this ‘loophole’.

(3) The Wine Cellar was never really debugged and ‘properly’ sequenced by the NWC (or 3D0) programming team, and with good reason. Instead, they decided to ‘take the easy way out’ in order to implement the quest given by Craig Hack.

If you are simply looking to acquire the Vampire Cloak, I have placed this item ‘somewhere’ in the cellar. If you’re looking for the Super Vamp to appear, it aint-a-gonna happen due to a game anamoly. I won’t bore you with the details.

However, I have re-coded the cellar so that the completion of the quest is no longer based upon slaying the Necromancers (probably programming oversight by the original team). Now the party must slay **all** creatures in the cellar, be they Vamp, Bat, or Necro.

The next patch will have these ‘fixes’ included.

And speaking of the next patch … it will be released on-or-about 23 March 2008. It will include fixes for all bugs reported to me by 21March plus a few cleanup tasks that I want to accomplish. One can still complete the Release 2 without this pending ‘patch’, but it will move the game closer to the ‘Bug Free Zone’.

Thx again for your inputs,

BDJ … ***

asterix15
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby asterix15 » 13 Mar 2008, 08:47

Battle axe value = 0 coins! OooOooo!!!!

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 13 Mar 2008, 09:21

Problem with Kennel.

In Kennel monsters (Manticores) are invisible for me. I can kill them but not loot their bodies. And after right-click of them game crash.
I know that isn't bug from mod but from MM7 itself.

Can anyone remember how to fix it? I can't install Mok's patch of this version of game and my another copy of MM7 away (with less bugs - don't ask why two same games from two local publishers are so different).

@Edwardas 3/BDJ
Can you with next realese post how to install your mod in readme file? Just in case. I know it is very simple but better has it in this file.

Edwardas 3
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Edwardas 3 » 13 Mar 2008, 19:34

I'm not BDJ.
Yes,I'll post about readme.
You can also post on BDJ's blog
He would try to fix everything which was reported before 21 Mars in the next patch.
Click on 'Blog' next to 'Files' and you would access the place where you can post your ideas .
I myself want to ask BDJ about loop with 'Hero' promotion and that Priest
of Light still gets to be Priest of Dark upon his last promotion so you have to edit this with MM7 character editor .

Bimbasto
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Bimbasto » 14 Mar 2008, 07:03

Moorning everybody,
Running R2 + patch. Some details. In Barrows almost all moving directions on the walls are covered. Even with keys not able to open the cover (actually while playing R1 it was the same).
Another thing. In Barrow 2 (where Latern of Light is located) in last right room warning lights are turnig in red. Tried to click everything (may be missed something) but no effect so far. Perception Expert 6, no red buttons/spots. Nothing on the map.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Return to “Might and Magic”