MM7Rev4modR1 a mod for might and magic 7 has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
vosined
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: MM7Rev4modR1 a mod for might and magic 7 has been released!

Unread postby vosined » 21 May 2019, 23:43

Anubis thanks for the reply.

The torch does not work clicking left mouse button or clicking the space bar, all over the wall and the torch itself. (I tried to jump just as the last resort))). I think I messed up with the installation of Mods, even though there was BDJ in the beginning of the game, not Margaret.
If I uninstall the game then install all the mods in the order you've provided, then copy the saves of my current game, is it going to work or I have to start all over again?

Also there was some bug - in Tularean Forest when I tried to become expert in Disarm Traps and click on this option, I was given some delivery material to Harmondale and no expert in Disarm Traps, then the option to become the expert totally disappeared.

Is there a walkthrough to this mod, I've searched everywhere but could not find any, only FAQ page with a few questions. For example where is the expert in fire magic? This question was asked a lot on the board, but no answer for it.
Last edited by vosined on 21 May 2019, 23:48, edited 1 time in total.

vosined
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vosined » 22 May 2019, 01:08

I've reinstalled like you've said and teleported with the first click on the torch. Thanks. What about other questions - where is expert in fire magic?

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 22 May 2019, 03:48

You're gonna have to give me a day or two before I can answer those questions. It's been a while since I've played this mod so I'm gonna re-install MM7 and play this mod later tonight.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 22 May 2019, 08:06

I messed up my install of Rev4ModF on purpose and played through it a bit. I then re-installed it properly and loaded up my previous save on the messed-up installation and some events were buggy. I'm wondering if that's the case with your game regarding the messed up Disarm Expert...Not sure. I'm about to play it for real now and I'll let you know when I get to Tularean Forest.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 22 May 2019, 17:04

@vosined

https://i.imgur.com/FGzX0pO.png Seems to be working fine for me. However, I did find a house with Dagger Expert which happened to have a quest related to the Courier Deliveries.

As for Expert Fire Magic, I think I now recall that you had to do a quest for the Grandmaster Fire Magic teacher in Emerald Isle (Find the Lost Scroll of Wonka)

Gwoorom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Gwoorom » 30 Dec 2019, 20:02

I'm really loving this mod, but I can't even attack goblins in Harmondale without there being a good chance the game will crash instantly the moment something is summoned.

Is there any reasonable fix for this? Thanks.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 30 Dec 2019, 20:11

The moment something is summoned? What do you mean by that?

Just out of curiousity, what enemies were on Emerald Isle when you first started?

Gwoorom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Gwoorom » 30 Dec 2019, 20:13

Oh, never mind, in my search for a fix I mixed this thread up and the maestro mod one, durr. Actually at my wits end trying to just have the game not crash.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 30 Dec 2019, 20:22

Well, Maestro's mod is based off this mod, so no worries.

When you installed GrayFace's latest patch, did you uncheck the box that said something along the lines of "uncheck this if you're playing a large mod like MM7Rev4Mod" or something like that?

Gwoorom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Gwoorom » 30 Dec 2019, 20:24

Yeah! They were unchecked. I'm considering backing up my saves and reinstalling from scratch but last time I installed the mod I ran into the same problem sooner or later. When an enemy summons a creature the game crashes.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 30 Dec 2019, 20:27

I'll download that mod and try it for myself and see if the same thing happens to me. Goblins are the earliest thing that can summon stuff in Harmondale, I'm assuming?

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 30 Dec 2019, 20:27

I'll download that mod and try it for myself and see if the same thing happens to me. Goblins are the earliest thing that can summon stuff in Harmondale, I'm assuming?

Gwoorom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Gwoorom » 30 Dec 2019, 20:30

Yeah, the highest rank of goblin can summon the regular goblin variant. And wow, thank you for taking the time! I'll try reinstalling everything from scratch, I could have been careless when applying GrayFace or something. It's an extremely frustrating problem because it stopped me dead in the tracks last time I tried playing the mod too.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 30 Dec 2019, 21:23

Update: Downloaded the mod, tried it out, didn't crash at all. I saw the summoning happen.

Are you using GrayFace's 2.4 patch? What I did was I had a fresh install of Might and Magic 7, installed Maestro's Mod next, and then applied GrayFace's patch last, making sure to uncheck the three boxes at the bottom. I did not, however, run the new_class.exe file or apply either of Maestro's two patches (Meteor Shower or the other patch if new_class.exe didn't work)

Was there anything else you installed with Maestro's Mod? Did you do that ResTool.zip thing or whatever that file was?
Last edited by Anubis on 30 Dec 2019, 21:26, edited 3 times in total.

Gwoorom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Gwoorom » 30 Dec 2019, 22:01

Noted. I tried reinstalling the game a few times, to no avail. I tried a few variations to no avail in the last hour, the game always crashes. I'll do a clean install and try and follow those steps exactly.

Gwoorom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Gwoorom » 30 Dec 2019, 22:16

I've tried a clean install, copied the maestro mod Data and sounds folder over, installed grayface 2.4 with the last 3 options unchecked, and then finally the save. The game still crashes as soon as I get close to a group of goblins. I did not tweak anything else, and I even restarted my pc just in case before doing a clean install.

Edit: I'm using the GOG version, does that influence it in any way?
Last edited by Gwoorom on 30 Dec 2019, 22:19, edited 1 time in total.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 30 Dec 2019, 22:38

Send me your save file. Are you in the Might & Magic Discord server at all, by any chance? You can send files and share images. it'd be easier to troubleshoot your issue on there. You just need to input an username and you're set -- no e-mail verification needed or anything: https://discord.gg/tBj4qF5

And no, GOG version shouldn't influence it.
Last edited by Anubis on 30 Dec 2019, 22:51, edited 3 times in total.

Gwoorom
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Gwoorom » 31 Dec 2019, 00:30

I'll join the discord, easier to communicate! Thank you.

batorrhun
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby batorrhun » 12 Oct 2021, 16:17

Hey, all! Thanks for this mod! It is amazing!
Last edited by batorrhun on 12 Oct 2021, 17:40, edited 1 time in total.

Karol
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Karol » 15 Feb 2022, 12:34

I have read about R2 and R3 versions, are these imbedded in this one or are lost in waters of time?

BTW, the REDONE version : https://www.moddb.com/mods/mm7rev4modr1-redone/#8233580
is different from this one?

The attached TXT says, that over vanilla, one shall install the extension and editor, then GF patch, then .INI, then the DATA files:
---------------------
1 Install a clean copy of GOG MM7. Not included.
2 Install MMEditor_2 and MMExtensionTmp_2 in any order. These files go into the MM7 installed directory. Included.
3 Install MM7.Patch.v2.4_2. Make sure to uncheck the last three choices. Included.
4 Install the MM7.ini file. Included
5 Start the game. Use the MM7 setup to start the game and click on hardware accelerated 3D.
Wait for the MMextention to finish writing the tables. This takes a while. When it finishes do not creat party. Exit game.
6 Place the DATA folder and the Scripts folder into the MM7 installed directory. Included. Overwrite all.
--------------------------
But here on the forum, I read, that one should install vanilla, then the mod, and GF patch as the last step.
Which guide to follow, then?

Return to “Might and Magic”