MM7Rev4modR1 a mod for might and magic 7 has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 31 Jan 2008, 16:53

Thnx :), haven't looked there because it didn't seem logic hehe...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Edwardas 3
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Edwardas 3 » 02 Feb 2008, 12:55

I'm progressing all right
got the map of saints
dwarven quest gave me key to Emerald island
killed sylph with jhigher HP on island and got ring(after some time since she was prone to move on water and sink with ring)
Lord Godwinson in BDJ mods for MM 6 and 7

asterix15
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby asterix15 » 04 Feb 2008, 07:50

***NEW PATCH***

This patch only addresses Light Path fixes and has addressed the following known 'bugs'.

1. Those 'pesky' barrels and torches that dissapear and then reappear upon reentry into a map area have been fixed. They must be selected once for the correction to take place. For a new game they work fine. For a game in progress,
either select them once (save your game first!) or just ignore them.

2. The Watchers Ring of Elemental Water is no longer carried by the Guardian Sylph. It is placed **on** the island. For a game in-progress, simply return to the island to get the ring.

3. The text concerning the Harmondale teleportal hub has been limited to Farswell.

4. The Wonka Quest has been limited to Blyze.

5. Swordsmanship (Expert Sword) can only be acquired on Emerald Island.

6. The end-game logic, from the "Alliance" quest forward has been reworked to make it FAIL SAFE. This involved deleting one of the cinematic scenes, but so goes life. This patch is the only way to 'guarentee' that you can complete the Light Path game.

7. The Alliance quest 'destination' can no longer be entered until the actual quest is given.

8. Falk now properly promotes to "Priest of Light'.

This patch has **not** bothered to address minor text 'display' issues that don't affect game progress
(re; extra quotes, mispelled words and the-like).

/******************************************/
/******* A couple of Hints/Spoilers *******/
/******************************************/

1. The well that takes the party to the Blue Guardian Trove remains active until you return with the quest items to
the messenger for the promotion. If you delay the return to the messenger, build the party in strength/level, then you
can return to the trove as often as you want and defeat the guardians. The unique-item reward carried by the
Guardian may be worth this extra effort.

2. Before embarking on the Alliance quest, make sure that your party has several Blue Magic Potents and/or
Town Portal scrolls. Otherwise you may not make it 'out' alive.

3. The Hurler of Mountains is quite easily defeated if you use the proper weapons and tactics.
Otherwise, be prepared to get 'stoned' to death.

4. The Map Giver will only appear if you enter his map area carrying **all** relevant scrolls.

5. If ya wanna have some fun, lure some 'monsters' to the Map Giver and watch him work.

6. Keep on the lookout for "Strange Torches' and similar sprites.

7. With this patch, you won't be able to complete the Wizard Promo until you reach Evenmorn Island.

***************** NOTE *****************
***************** NOTE *****************

You will **not** be able to complete the Dark Path in this game, so don't 'waste' your time trying to do so.

!!!!The current status of the game is Light Path only!!!!

BDJ ...

http://hosted.filefront.com/BigDaddyJim/

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 04 Feb 2008, 14:21

Great :)

Do you know if I have to start a new gmae in order for the patch to work? Just because I'm still not able to find the next quest giver after finishing the Temple :(

- Oh, and it doesn't seem to work when I try to post something at BDJ's blogs :disagree:

asterix15
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby asterix15 » 04 Feb 2008, 14:38

I am not sure if you will have to start a new game because I havent played MM7 with this patch yet.

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 04 Feb 2008, 15:45

The quest did appear, but now the game crashes after the video :|

Atleast I've gotten my Paladin promoted to Hero by now :)

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 04 Feb 2008, 16:47

Could somebody help me with the scrolls? I've managed to collect them all but I don't understand the clues, they don't seem very logical. I would really appreciate a hint about what to do next... something about how to read them or where to start... I've been stuck for quite a while. :( Anyone?

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 04 Feb 2008, 18:36

I figured it out by looking at scroll five :devious:

Try looking a bit at those numbers, see if they remind you of some known code form and fly a bit around once you figure it out :)

asterix15
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby asterix15 » 05 Feb 2008, 14:29

"ForTheFunOfIt" mod released

This silly little mod 're-classifies' the Blaster Rife. Yup, that's right, the Blater Rifle. During the Alliance Quest (recognized when you see the text "Erathia has been betrayed!") the party will collect four of these rifles of a somewhat enhanced nature. Since this quest **could be** given as early as 1/2 way through the game, these rifles could be used during many of the side quests and a couple of the End Game quests.

This mod changes the status of the Blaster Rifle from a melee weapon to a missile weapon. With a Grandmaster Skill in Ancient Weapons, the missile-classed Blaster Rifle provides the party with an almost "never miss" (60-80 to-hit) ranged weapon that does some decent damage before the opponents can close for combat.

For those players that prefer to deal with your enemies from a distance instead of engaging in a 'ground and pound', mono e mono, face-to-face contest, this mod's for you!

Anywise, this is just for the fun of it.

BDJ ...

' ...particularly useful in Nighton, the Maze, Eofil, Thunderfist, LOG, Zod, et al ...'

http://hosted.filefront.com/BigDaddyJim/

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 05 Feb 2008, 17:04

Thank you very much for help, Justice, but I seem to be thicker than you think. :D I've looked at the scrolls for a few hours now, especially the fifth one, and even after all this thinking and ages of flying around I still can't associate the numbers with anything that would make sense. I also have no idea where to begin. Scroll 2 refers to not letting life's troubles bother me, so I assumed I would need to go somewhere where there are a lot of Undead around... I found nothing in Deyja or the Evenmorn Island. I must be way off... I've thought the the numbers might represent telephone keys or the Dwarven Barrows or just certain letters, but none of the interpretations brought any sensible answers with them. And the word 'visite' in one of the scrolls bothers me... it seems out of place. :|

Is this code, which I should have been able figure out by now, something many people would understand? Are the numbers more significant than the words? If it's not too much trouble, could you please tip me into the right direction? :)

That mod seems interesting, I think I'll give it a shot after completing this game (if I'm ever going to get that far). ;)

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 05 Feb 2008, 22:15

Anyone not wanting to get spoiled should not read what I'm about to write and if you do want to read it anyway and have problems due to the size or colour, then quote my post :D

The only thing you have too look at, really, is scroll five. The numbers represent letters and each letter is seperated by a ",", so you will see that all in all there are four letters and the first letter is rather easy, since it's the fourth one in the alphabet :D so once you have that single letter and know there are four, you should be able to figure out which part of the country it is.- You must have all the scrolls uppon you though (mayhaps on one single character?) and you will find a person somewhere on the map that wasn't there before.- He isn't in any of the towns on that map.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 06 Feb 2008, 08:08

Thanks again! Now I'll be able to make some progress :hoo:

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 06 Feb 2008, 14:23

No problem and good luck :)

Edwardas 3
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Edwardas 3 » 08 Feb 2008, 22:45

I've completed mod

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 09 Feb 2008, 01:07

Edwardas 3 wrote:I've completed mod
You could try and tell us how you think about it ;)
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Stormz30000
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Stormz30000 » 10 Feb 2008, 08:14

I've used the strange torches to go from 1st-2nd floor in my castle, opened everything I can see and killed all baddies but the butler won't acknowledge that I've done the quest (Just brings up the 'May I suggest violence?' text.) Help!
NOTE: This is now compleated. I needed higher perception to see ONE blooming red door!
Last edited by Stormz30000 on 10 Feb 2008, 20:34, edited 1 time in total.

Qusari
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Qusari » 10 Feb 2008, 09:51

@Big Daddy Jim

If you still reading the board: Dont give up on it yet, I know from my experience that it needs weeks and months till word and interest spreads around. There was an announcement on the wizardry8 forums about this mod on 21.1.08, me for example had only just yesterday time to look into your mod.

Recently I invested 100+ h into a mod (wont definitevly go into details here) what I got was 2 amazing and 1 great answer, did not get any other feedback than that, dont know if anybody ever played through it. Why do I tell you this ?
Because I know the hunger for feedback and confirmation too well, and the "disappointment" if people dont react to it the way one expects. Dont take it personally it really needs time and a lot of communication to get proper feedback: If people dont come to you you have to go to the people....meaning: open new threads every week were you ask for specific feedback on a certain topic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did not play through MM7 for a long time and now I played throug it till Harmondale in unmoded and moded mode.

Unfortunately I am stuck at Harmondale in the mod, but about that later.

What I can say is I like your mod so far, in relation to the vanilla it seems to be an edge easier with all the money and weapons one gets so far. Thats allright with me. At the moment I play through the vanilla version, but I really would like to play through your mod. So please dont give up on it yet. You have to invest probably again more time on it but its better than to waste your 400+ hours that would be really a pitty.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I started a game from scratch with the patch apllied (and the mod) I seem to be stuck in the castle Harmodale. I cleard out the castle like in vanilla, but the butler did not respond to it, after 30 min in the castle I was accidentaly somehow teleported to a room with a certain Arnold barrel, cleard the whole area, ( I think it is an area where you normally go after upgrading the castle) now I am stuck there becuase I cant find a way out.

So is it a bug or is there a secret ?

Another thing: The red barrels in the castle give only +2 stat whereas the others give +5 stat

Stormz30000
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

More Help

Unread postby Stormz30000 » 10 Feb 2008, 20:13

My dad has been playing and enjoying this mod with me, but we are stuck on a few issues...

1). We play the light path, but when we give Falk (On Emerald isle) the alter pieces for the second cleric promo, he promotes us to priest of DARK!
2). We can not get fire expert in harmondale cause the teacher has a constant headache (I think he seems drunk?). We thought this may have some relation to the arcomage quest, but nothing changed since we compleated it and took the treasure. We now think it may be to do with...
3). ... the lost scroll of Wonka quest! Could someone tell us how on Earth to do this? We're clueless!.
4) When we click on something to select it, such as a spell target, a door o a space to drop an item, nilch happens! This has only ouccured for the past hour or so. However, some things such as buttons (Not in dungeons, but to switch from stats to inventory, etc.) work. Actully we have not run in to an in-game button since this started. Also, we can move things ins inventory and select our characters fine.

Any help much appreciated,
Stormz30000

(P.S. Thanks for this super mod! The best thing since bread and butter... or at least since M&M8!)

asterix15
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby asterix15 » 11 Feb 2008, 09:17

I started a game from scratch with the patch apllied (and the mod) I seem to be stuck in the castle Harmodale. I cleard out the castle like in vanilla, but the butler did not respond to it, after 30 min in the castle I was accidentaly somehow teleported to a room with a certain Arnold barrel, cleard the whole area, ( I think it is an area where you normally go after upgrading the castle) now I am stuck there becuase I cant find a way out.

So is it a bug or is there a secret ?
Use the blue torch :D
1). We play the light path, but when we give Falk (On Emerald isle) the alter pieces for the second cleric promo, he promotes us to priest of DARK!
Have you downloaded the latest patch?
2). We can not get fire expert in harmondale cause the teacher has a constant headache (I think he seems drunk?). We thought this may have some relation to the arcomage quest, but nothing changed since we compleated it and took the treasure. We now think it may be to do with...

Maybe you should check some other NPC's ?

Edwardas 3
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Edwardas 3 » 12 Feb 2008, 00:10

Implementing Falk as promoter of Prist of Light was not without problem.
I played with second party, after first completion where I had no priest,
and inspite second patch applied Priest turned - Dark !
As a house rule I never use editors ,but here I was forced to re-do my Dwarven girl into Priest of Light-to get access to Light magic skill.
Generally I re-discovered some quests now I've not spent attention,having Might party in first go, before - Elementary teachers quests .Cool feature

Return to “Might and Magic”