MM7Rev4modR1 a mod for might and magic 7 has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Charlie 22
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

thanks

Unread postby Charlie 22 » 12 Apr 2008, 10:25

Very many thanks

Charlie 22

DaywaIker
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

bug ?

Unread postby DaywaIker » 15 Apr 2008, 15:40

My problem is I can't clear castle harmondale. I can't go downstairs (don't find the stairs). might be a bug. i have perception on master, nothing is red. I saw a picture of the castle(here in the forum somewhere) where the stairs are but there is nothing in my game.
I play the new mod. I have the german version of the game and installed the mod and the patch. any ideas ? sry for my bad english ^^

Bimbasto
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Bimbasto » 15 Apr 2008, 15:59

To clean out the Castle is necessary to do so on 1. and 2. floor. To find the way just try to look around. May be something unusual...torches perhaps...

jb4479
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jb4479 » 17 Apr 2008, 05:32

I can't seem to get to the second floor in Castle Harmondale. Help, need hints please, found blue torch on 1st floor doesn't do anything.

Akari T
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Akari T » 17 Apr 2008, 09:39

jb4479: Have you tried leaving and coming back in, or loading a save game? Otherwise, do you have the most recent version of the mod, because it sounds like you're doing the right thing. :/

Also, has anyone been able to promote their Archers? When I first started the game, a conversation window with him popped up while I was next to the well outside the Inn in EI, though I don't think it would let me get the quest. Aside from that, I've checked all the buildings on the island and can't find him. Does anyone have any ideas?

Aside from that, many thanks to BDJ for making this mod. MM7's a favourite for me and my Dad, and I'm really enjoying the new aspects of the game. Pretty sure Dad will too, once he gets the game off me. ^_^

Bimbasto
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Bimbasto » 17 Apr 2008, 10:10

To get promotion quests you have to fulfill Currier Guild quest at first. Exceptions are for Paladins and Thief.

Akari T
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Akari T » 17 Apr 2008, 11:51

Odd, I completed all of those a while ago, and I found the Evenmorn key too.

Edit: Hmm, I just started a new game with the default party to see if I could find him on them (I couldn't, unless he only appears in the game after you're done with the Courier quests.) Btw, I did have a problem with my comp when I started the game that caused conversation boxes to pop up at random around EI, though I'm unsure if that problem is related to me not finding the guy, since I couldn't find him on the default party.

jb4479
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jb4479 » 17 Apr 2008, 19:17

Akari T wrote:jb4479: Have you tried leaving and coming back in, or loading a save game? Otherwise, do you have the most recent version of the mod, because it sounds like you're doing the right thing. :/
Tried reloading, tried leaving and coming back, no luck. Just downloaded the mod yesterday, so it's the newest one. Maybe there was someitem I needto first, like on EI maybe? I'll try and restart and see if that does it.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Archer Skill and Promo

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 17 Apr 2008, 21:58

Zedd True Shot, resident of Emerald Island, provides Bow Expert Skill and issues the Warrior Mage Promotion. Seek him out on the EI.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

Akari T
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Akari T » 19 Apr 2008, 04:23

jb4479: Hmm, okay. Hope it works out for you.

Anyway, last night I flew around EI again since he's a resident, though I still didn't see him. I checked all the buildings (even the shops), flew around the goblin area and up on the hill, ran in and out of the temple, and checked all the people wandering around (though most were killed by the dragonflies.) Could there be anything else I'm missing?

Bimbasto
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Bimbasto » 19 Apr 2008, 08:12

@Akari T,
If you are talking about Zedd True Shot...
Did you check ALL doors? May be you could take a look at the doors from other side of the shops. Weapon shop or Armor shop for example...

Akari T
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Akari T » 19 Apr 2008, 08:53

OMG, I never even realised that door was there. o.o;; Thanks a lot, though.

BMJedi
Conscript
Conscript

Count Zero

Unread postby BMJedi » 19 Apr 2008, 18:24

Does anybody know anything about Count Zero and the lost 'ONEs". I found him on Emerald Isle and didn't understand what he wanted me to do.

So far, I'm having a wonderful time with this great work of art! (Yeah, I consider mods as works of art to be admired, enjoyed, and appreciated for their craftspersonship and creativity.)

My highest compliments to BDJ!

Edit P.S. - Never mind on my Count Zero question - BDJ answered it over at his blog - it turns out Count Zero is an 'in joke' referring to a programmer colleague of his, binary code ('ones' and 'zeroes'), and a suggestion to report bugs at the blog.

Oh, and thanks for the tip, Bimbasto.
Last edited by BMJedi on 20 Apr 2008, 20:04, edited 2 times in total.

Bimbasto
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Bimbasto » 20 Apr 2008, 08:58

Just have discussion with him, if you want and nothing more at the moment. He will appear in certain moment and will have a message for your party. Later in the game.

BMJedi
Conscript
Conscript

Spoiler Request - Stables in Harmondale

Unread postby BMJedi » 20 Apr 2008, 22:01

I need help, please. I can't figure out how to get the stables in Harmondale activated.

The stablemaster says something about lighting signal fires to set up an ambush for Grognar and the goblins who will appear and attack, but I don't know where to find any 'signal fires'.

Also, I thought they might be hiding in the White Cliff caves, but when I go there I find that it is blocked off with a 'too hard' message. What's up with that?

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Signal Fires

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 21 Apr 2008, 13:09

Checkout the following site for this type of MM7 info.

http://www.flamestryke.com/mm7/flamestrykes_mm7.html

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

BMJedi
Conscript
Conscript

MM7 Walkthroughs

Unread postby BMJedi » 21 Apr 2008, 16:45

Thanks, BDJ, that's the best map-based guide source I've ever seen! I know right where those signal fires are, now.

I'd like to pose an idea to the community:
Could someone with the right organisational/writing skills do up a brief FAQ/Walkthrough/Guide to BDJ's new mod?

I wouldn't ask BDJ himself to do it, since he's already spent 400+ hours doing the programming, and I don't think I myself am knowledgeable or skilled enough to do one.

But I was thinking maybe there's somebody out there with enough skill and experience to where the project might be easy for them.

It doesn't have to be anything complex - maybe just an addendum to one of the already-written guides out there like the one BDJ linked above.

What I'm especially interested in is lists and tables of the new locations of expert/master/grandmaster teachers, the new locations of promotion quest givers, a walkthrough of the new essential and side quests, and a list of FAQs like how to get back to Emerald Island, and the locations of the new teleporters and teleporter keys.

I find that I keep getting stuck on little stuff, and I miss being able to go straight to the web and looking up the info I need without bothering anybody by mucking up a message board like I'm doing now. <grin>

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 21 Apr 2008, 17:02

Wel, to be fair, you just need to use your brain. The game keeps track of the ones you meet, you can just read it back where they are...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Bimbasto
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Bimbasto » 26 Apr 2008, 11:51

Would like to support darknessfood. This Mod could (and I think should) be played without guide. You are playing almost new game, a lot new things should be discowered. This is the challenge. If walkthrough guide will be provided, it will spoil the game, I think.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 26 Apr 2008, 15:25

Bimbasto wrote:Would like to support darknessfood. This Mod could (and I think should) be played without guide. You are playing almost new game, a lot new things should be discowered. This is the challenge. If walkthrough guide will be provided, it will spoil the game, I think.
Yeah, i always thought it was lame to use cheats/walktroughs for the first time playing, it ruins the fun. When starting the second time it could be handy, you did it by yourself once so it's no big deal. Just play the game and enjoy it the way it is...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Return to “Might and Magic”