MM7Rev4modR1 a mod for might and magic 7 has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
DaveHer
Hunter
Hunter

Re: MM7Rev4modR1 a mod for might and magic 7 has been released!

Unread postby DaveHer » 04 Apr 2022, 17:25

Karol wrote: 15 Feb 2022, 12:34 I have read about R2 and R3 versions, are these imbedded in this one or are lost in waters of time?

BTW, the REDONE version : https://www.moddb.com/mods/mm7rev4modr1-redone/#8233580
is different from this one?

The attached TXT says, that over vanilla, one shall install the extension and editor, then GF patch, then .INI, then the DATA files:
---------------------
1 Install a clean copy of GOG MM7. Not included.
2 Install MMEditor_2 and MMExtensionTmp_2 in any order. These files go into the MM7 installed directory. Included.
3 Install MM7.Patch.v2.4_2. Make sure to uncheck the last three choices. Included.
4 Install the MM7.ini file. Included
5 Start the game. Use the MM7 setup to start the game and click on hardware accelerated 3D.
Wait for the MMextention to finish writing the tables. This takes a while. When it finishes do not creat party. Exit game.
6 Place the DATA folder and the Scripts folder into the MM7 installed directory. Included. Overwrite all.
--------------------------
But here on the forum, I read, that one should install vanilla, then the mod, and GF patch as the last step.
Which guide to follow, then?
Sorry for the late response. The redone is different from the original MM7Rev4modR1. If you are installing the redone, you need to follow the instructions given in the readme file.

GreyICE
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby GreyICE » 06 Aug 2022, 01:21

So first of all, thank you for making this! I got a hankering to play MM7 and was searching for mods, and this changed up enough to make it feel fresh while still giving me that great feeling. Classic game.

I have one dumb question. I can't find the Monk promotion quest anywhere. I feel like I have to have unlocked it, I've chosen the light, double promoted my other characters, and I can't find the silly quest to get better monks. I know I'm missing something, if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be very much appreciated.

Tomsod
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Tomsod » 07 Aug 2022, 09:06

I vaguely remember Bartholomew Hume (monk promoter) walking around Bracada stables (he has black clothes), although I'm not sure if he still gives the promotion quests in the mod.

GreyICE
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby GreyICE » 09 Aug 2022, 23:42

Tomsod wrote: 07 Aug 2022, 09:06 I vaguely remember Bartholomew Hume (monk promoter) walking around Bracada stables (he has black clothes), although I'm not sure if he still gives the promotion quests in the mod.
Thank you! That was indeed the secret! Monks are so much better with the ability to dodge attacks :P

Really big help

Tomsod
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Tomsod » 10 Aug 2022, 02:32

Just be aware that in vanilla MM7 they can only dodge arrows, which may or may not be a bug. Other projectiles, melee attacks, or spells are not affected -- monks still have AC, of course, but the special dodging animation only plays for arrows. Not sure which, if any, mods have fixed this.

Return to “Might and Magic”