MM7Rev4modR1 a mod for might and magic 7 has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
nutman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

character classes

Unread postby nutman » 13 Jan 2011, 07:07

HI, was wondering if any classes are slightly better to play in the mod? I originally played MM7 with Knight-Archer-Cleric-Sorcerer. I would like to change this party slightly and maybe replace the first 2 classes with Paladin and Thief. How about a druid?

cheers
Nutman

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 13 Jan 2011, 21:52

depends what mod you play.
i've changed skills in maestro mod and they are differ now.
in original rev3mod classes are the same.

i've played it with 4 monks (ninja in mod) and turn them into thiefs to achive some repair skills and then turn them into liches (i guess that maestro can transform any class into lich - thieves were morphed =))
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Lord Nanron
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lord Nanron » 14 Jan 2011, 17:10

Could someone please post the link to the "upgrade patch" I have been trying and can't seem to find it. Also my computer keeps warning me that the download is unsafe.

Also, is this the patch you need to get to Vori?

Naal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Naal » 14 Jan 2011, 18:06

In Maestro mod the Paladin and Druid classes are a little bit better. Druid can GM water. Paladin fight as well as knight and can GM merchant and cast cleric spells. Archer class is a little worse.

These are the best parties for BDJ and Maestro mod imo.

BDJ
Knight, Knight, Knight, Cleric
class change to 4 Archer

If you put enough points into bows they can shoot almost as fast as blaster and do a lot more damage. Not to mention the games give you carnage bows at set locations. You can also get the relic/artifact bows for almost all characters. The cleric can handle cleric and light magic and all characters can have master elemental and dark magic. Three characters can GM plate, sword, spear, and armsmaster.

Maesto
Knight, Knight, Knight, Cleric
class change Druid, Druid, Druid, Cleric
class change to 4 liches.

One character can GM light and cleric magic. All characters can GM elemental and dark magic. Three characters excel in melee damage.

nutman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby nutman » 15 Jan 2011, 01:54

HI, thanks Naal for the info. I am playing BDJ's mod. I think I will stick with Paladin-Thief-Cleric-Druid for now and maybe do the archer class change later. I prefer a mixed party.

cheers
Nutman

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 19 Jan 2011, 16:55

AHHHHhh!!! I hate you BDJ :D (joke)
what have you done with poor Evenmorn after game is complete?! :)
I've warped there to be able to accece Eofol...and died in 3 seconds :hoo:
____

BTW: what happened to wetsuits? I cannot wear them - had to cheat with MM7viewer to obtait the last overthruster crystal.
____

also strange thing:
Coding wizard suggest me only single choise of classes! when i was monk - only thef was avaible. and whan i was cleric - only druid choise O.o
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 20 Jan 2011, 12:05

vladimir-maestro wrote:AHHHHhh!!! I hate you BDJ :D (joke)
what have you done with poor Evenmorn after game is complete?! :)
I've warped there to be able to accece Eofol...and died in 3 seconds :hoo:
____
Yeah, those 'super Titans' are a real surprise, aren't they?
vladimir-maestro wrote:BTW: what happened to wetsuits? I cannot wear them - had to cheat with MM7viewer to obtait the last overthruster crystal.
____
Hmmm. Never has that happen in over 750 completed games. Don't know what's going on.

vladimir-maestro wrote:also strange thing:
Coding wizard suggest me only single choise of classes! when i was monk - only thef was avaible. and whan i was cleric - only druid choise O.o
Ahhhh. You didn't pay attention to the Coding Wizard's instructions.

Here’s how the process works. You have four members in your party; member 1, member 2, member 3, and member 4 (from left-to-right). Each time you select “New Profession”, you will ‘index’ to a different party member, starting at member 1. The member will be presented with a single ‘fast track’ choice. You may either select this choice or ‘EXIT’ and then select me a second time to be presented with three choices.

When the selected party member has chosen a new profession, proceed to the Brazier to acquire the new profession and then return to me. When all four members have selected their new Profession, return to me one more time and then we’re done. So let’s get started, ok?

There are three choices for thief and Monk ...

Thief - Archer, Knight, Monk

Monk - Archer, Druid, Thief

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 20 Jan 2011, 18:30

i've read this carefully.
if i clic cancel - he swap 1st char and begin speak about 2nd char...
if i will clic cancel - he will pass 2nd choice and suggest 3rd party member...
so i have only 2 choices - to select single professio or clic cancel and stay the same class.

so there are 3 ways:
- one single class
- no, thanks
- cancel dialogue button
what should i clic?
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 20 Jan 2011, 23:28

vladimir-maestro wrote:i've read this carefully.
if i clic cancel - he swap 1st char and begin speak about 2nd char...
if i will clic cancel - he will pass 2nd choice and suggest 3rd party member...
so i have only 2 choices - to select single professio or clic cancel and stay the same class.

so there are 3 ways:
- one single class
- no, thanks
- cancel dialogue button
what should i clic?
Maestro,

Send me a copy of your SAVED Game just before you meet The Wiz and I'll see what's going on.

mm7rev4modrel2@yahoo.com

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 21 Jan 2011, 19:18

i'm affraid i already resaved that file. anyway i've completed the game =)
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 21 Jan 2011, 22:34

vladimir-maestro wrote:BTW: what happened to wetsuits? I cannot wear them - had to cheat with MM7viewer to obtait the last overthruster crystal.
Maybe you have an invisible item you forgot to take off.
Big Daddy Jim wrote:Yeah, those 'super Titans' are a real surprise, aren't they?
I loved them. Party members should go to shower more frequently, especially to meteor shower. :D Or was it Star Burst?
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 22 Jan 2011, 07:40

GrayFace wrote:
Maybe you have an invisible item you forgot to take off.
i doubt it.
if i got something on - charecters shake their head and say "no".
but this is like i try to use quest item on them - i hear negative sound and got message "this item cannot be used that way".

and i got full equip from boots to belts and if i got something invisible - i shouldn't be able to put on the items the same kind.

BTW - i'm killing that magic titans with simple armageddon spell :D just have to drool a little to run away from them with their dispell and after that full buff+heal and armageddon for 12 times - all are dead =) dark grand 40+20 bonus from dark ring = 110 damage per one armageddon so 1320 damage total - noone will survive it :D
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Courier Quest #4

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 19 Mar 2011, 13:38

Frador2 wrote:I am on the fourth quest, the one from Agnes Putnam, but I can't figure out how to solve it. I took a phone call while playing and failed to write down what I was supposed to do. Thought I'd remember, but :wall: . I know it has something to do with her sister and I know where she is, but when I go there, I get nothing. No conversation choices at all. So what did I miss? :please:
Here's the dialog assignment;

"My! Aren't you a fine-looking group of adventurers! Zowie! Fine, supple, strong; beauty at its best! It’s always grand to meet others of the same calaibre as myself. They should call ‘our kind’ the ‘Beautiful Ones’. My name is Agatha. Good to feast my eyes on you all.

Now, onto the task at-hand. My twin sister Rena lives here in Deja with her husband, Jayce Kedrin. Rena and I are not identical twins and she was not ‘blessed’ with the ‘looks’ in our family as was I. She’s, well, kind of plain. Some might call her a real ‘Bow Wow’, if you know what I mean. She’s the proverbial ‘two-bag date’. Anywise, her birthday is upon us and I have purchased a special concoction called ‘Beauty Cream’ from Licia Rivenrock. She’s indeed a Master Herbalist and her ‘cream’ is reported to do wonders with even the most ‘ordinary’ of subjects. I need you to pick up the order from Licia and deliver it to my sister. Licia runs a business called ‘The House of Remedies’ in the Barrow Downs.

Oh! And my sister will provide you with the customary fee upon delivery. "

BDJ

Frador2
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Frador2 » 19 Mar 2011, 15:12

Thank you :hail: Thank you :hail: Thank you :hail:

I see what I missed now. And just to let you know, I love the mod. It's well done and very immersive. Giant spiders in Barrow Downs give me delightful shivers every time I run across them. 8|

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 19 Mar 2011, 15:51

Frador2 wrote:Thank you :hail: Thank you :hail: Thank you :hail:

I see what I missed now. And just to let you know, I love the mod. It's well done and very immersive. Giant spiders in Barrow Downs give me delightful shivers every time I run across them. 8|
You're very welcome! I'm glad that you are enjoying the mod!!!

BDJ

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 20 Mar 2011, 22:58

I have a big problem. I've just tried this mod yesterday and after finish castle repair quest i really have no idea where to go now. King of Alvee and Erathia show up nothing for continue T_T.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 21 Mar 2011, 17:27

phamlongtuan wrote:I have a big problem. I've just tried this mod yesterday and after finish castle repair quest i really have no idea where to go now. King of Alvee and Erathia show up nothing for continue T_T.
Have you completed the four Courier Quests? If not, go to Erathia and join the Courier Guild. If so, do the promotion quests.

BDJ

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 31 Mar 2011, 11:20

Done all the quest for delivery, now for class change. But before class change i need to find EVM island, and before that i have to find priest promotion. Where is he now 8|

And how can i be back to emerald island :)

some hint could be lovely :proud:

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 01 Apr 2011, 10:13

phamlongtuan wrote:Done all the quest for delivery, now for class change. But before class change i need to find EVM island, and before that i have to find priest promotion. Where is he now 8|

solve dwarf quests and king will give u a key.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 03 Apr 2011, 12:21

vladimir-maestro wrote:
phamlongtuan wrote:Done all the quest for delivery, now for class change. But before class change i need to find EVM island, and before that i have to find priest promotion. Where is he now 8|

solve dwarf quests and king will give u a key.
Any more hint for the place of altar. My English is not really good so it is very hard to get meaning from idiom 8|

Return to “Might and Magic”