MM7Rev4modR1 a mod for might and magic 7 has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 15 Jul 2009, 21:51

Coldy wrote:Well I finally finished the game. It was a great experience, really enjoined the new quests and challenges.

The Test of Friendship was indeed very hard, but thanks to those blasters I manged to complete it.

At one point I had 2 Slayer spears. Unfortunately my fighter was a paladin so ...i had to train him up to expert with the spear and give him one. He still did a better dmg than with his mace.

I never found the Coding Wizard, guess I will need to search more next time :(
I think i will start again, maybe with a proper knight/archer/cleric/sorcerer party to make my life much easier, maybe i will beat my high score. :p
Congrats! Glad ya like The Game!

Good luck at finding The Coding Wiz!

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 22 Jul 2009, 02:13

Thank you for an amazing mod and dedicated work which allows us to re-enjoy a such great game.

I think that a detailed walkthrough would be necessary. The author send us to MM7 tavern for spoilers but this mod uses different mechanics, so all is confusing. I understand that 400 hours were necessary to create this mod and I think 1 more hour to give us a more enjoyable experience will be helpful, so the gaming goes fluid, without endlessly coming here and there to ask for every clue.

So far, I lost about 15 hours and 7 re-installs just to understand that the floor tile isn't anymore in the original location. First I thought it was a bug, so I restarted. Same. Second, I deleted everything and I tried a different install, where MoK patch came at the end. Same. Thinking that the game maybe regenerates random items on first day, thus changing the floor tile randomly, I spent many hours just for testing with different actions. Nothing different. I decided to give the tile via cheat and proceeded to Harmondale. After cleaning the castle, or course Buttler keeps being quiet. I returned 10 times in the castle to search for every insect, microbe, molecule and atom and nothing.

I was close to give up, but I had the idea to search on forums, and I got this at second page (should be stickied). Only then I saw that the quest artefact was moved, when reading some short post at page 15 or so, moreover now there is a blue torch which does not appear using perception and it allows opening a secret passage.

One is not forced to follow and constantly rely on a walkthrough but it is really handy if something is looking strange, specially with a home made mod, which is susceptible to be more bugged than the original.

Now, if you excuse me, I have to restart with the new informations and beat the monsters to a dead pulp. :)

asterix15
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby asterix15 » 09 Aug 2009, 18:55

I am glad that you enjoy the mod Salamandre!

sniben
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sniben » 08 Nov 2009, 17:41

Big Daddy Jim wrote: BDJ[/size]
Hey this looks like a nice mod :)
But I have a problem! I Can't clear out castle Harmondale, I kill all I can find, but it's still "Yellow" in some places, and the butler just say that im not done yet.
I have tried like 4 times with the mod
And one time without, when I unmoded the game just before i went to harmondale, and then slay all the goblins, then mod it agin, but then it was no angel :(

Please help Thanks :)

Coldy
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Coldy » 08 Nov 2009, 21:16

It works, don't worry....the only thing you need to do is to click on some funny looking torches in the castle . :)
After that you will be able to kill all the goblins.

sniben
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sniben » 09 Nov 2009, 19:23

Coldy wrote:It works, don't worry....the only thing you need to do is to click on some funny looking torches in the castle . :)
After that you will be able to kill all the goblins.
Okey thank you very much :D I will try it :)

gurthaur
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gurthaur » 21 Feb 2010, 13:29

Greetings, I think I've found some kind of bug. In the Harmondale Castle, there are I cant see the stairs going up. I can sense the enemies from upstairs, I also see stairs on minimap as well, yet when I go to that location there is only a wall there?

edit: I figured it out-

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 19 Mar 2010, 20:07

I would like to suggest a small revision in the gauntlet. I think there are far too many water elementals when returning to the entrance, this causing the game to crash. I have had this happen several times. I had to town portal my 4 thieves out of there, so I could continue the game.

Mn
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mn » 19 Mar 2010, 23:49

gurthaur wrote:Greetings, I think I've found some kind of bug. In the Harmondale Castle, there are I cant see the stairs going up. I can sense the enemies from upstairs, I also see stairs on minimap as well, yet when I go to that location there is only a wall there?

edit: I figured it out-
It's told several times - it is first game question. S-W torch is of blue - click on it and you'l transforrm to the second floor for last enemies cleaning. From there return you must find such torch - it's the only.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Friendship

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 29 Apr 2010, 12:50

Friendship. Aint it great! :D

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 30 Apr 2010, 07:51

That battle was epic. The hardest thing was to keep friends alive :)
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 02 May 2010, 10:57

GrayFace wrote:That battle was epic. The hardest thing was to keep friends alive :)
Setting up the Test of Friendship was one of the most intricate pieces of 'coding' that I've done in the MM Series. Quite a challenge for me to get a workable balance. The results provided a unique encounter that was never done in any other MM game (to my knowledge).

BDJ

StormAZ
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Thank you!

Unread postby StormAZ » 10 May 2010, 16:50

Okay, I'm a late bloomer and just discovered the mod. Wow! Thank you, BDJ! And thanks for all the posters too, since I look at past posts when I get really, realy stuck.

It looks as if there has been recent posts from BDJ, so I'm going to ask this here: Do you have a PayPal account or someplace I can send a donation for this? I'm having way too much fun to just accept it free of charge...without major guilt anyway!

thanks once again to BDJ, and to other posters in this forum.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Thank you!

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 10 May 2010, 18:26

StormAZ wrote:Okay, I'm a late bloomer and just discovered the mod. Wow! Thank you, BDJ! And thanks for all the posters too, since I look at past posts when I get really, realy stuck.

It looks as if there has been recent posts from BDJ, so I'm going to ask this here: Do you have a PayPal account or someplace I can send a donation for this? I'm having way too much fun to just accept it free of charge...without major guilt anyway!

Glad that you're enjoying this MM7 modification! It was certainly fun to produce and has had quite a 'following' in the past.

Thank you for your kind offer, but the mod is delivered gratis .. you know, a labor of love and all that stuff. So don't feel guilty; just enjoy The Game.

BDJ

StormAZ
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Thank you!

Unread postby StormAZ » 11 May 2010, 01:53

Big Daddy Jim wrote:
StormAZ wrote:Okay, I'm a late bloomer and just discovered the mod. Wow! Thank you, BDJ! And thanks for all the posters too, since I look at past posts when I get really, realy stuck.

Glad that you're enjoying this MM7 modification! It was certainly fun to produce and has had quite a 'following' in the past.

Thank you for your kind offer, but the mod is delivered gratis .. you know, a labor of love and all that stuff. So don't feel guilty; just enjoy The Game.

BDJ
Thank you for you quick and kind reply. :} I will do so. And I will also send out good thoughts to the universe with your name attached!

Arcomage
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Emerald Island

Unread postby Arcomage » 16 Nov 2010, 15:23

Hey guys,i'm loving the mod so far,but i have a small issue that i don't know how to fix.
I can't go back to the Emerald Island,i have the key to use the teleportal hub on Harmondale,but it doesn't work.
I put the Emerald Island key on my first character,then i click the teleportal hub,but i just get a message saying "You need a key to use this hub!".

PS:yes,there is only one key on my first character,and that key is the Emerald Island key xD.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Emerald Island

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 16 Nov 2010, 18:28

Arcomage wrote:Hey guys,i'm loving the mod so far,but i have a small issue that i don't know how to fix.
I can't go back to the Emerald Island,i have the key to use the teleportal hub on Harmondale,but it doesn't work.
I put the Emerald Island key on my first character,then i click the teleportal hub,but i just get a message saying "You need a key to use this hub!".

PS:yes,there is only one key on my first character,and that key is the Emerald Island key xD.
Use the Teleportal Platform opposite the stables in the Bracada Desert. Make sure that your 'active' character is carrying the key.

BDJ

Arcomage
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Arcomage » 16 Nov 2010, 22:51

yey,that works,thank you for answering so fast! :D

nutman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby nutman » 08 Jan 2011, 21:08

HI, was wondering which of big daddys mods I should play first, MM7 or The Chaos Conspiracy, probably doesn't matter?

cheers
Nutman

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 09 Jan 2011, 13:43

nutman wrote:HI, was wondering which of big daddys mods I should play first, MM7 or The Chaos Conspiracy, probably doesn't matter?

cheers
Nutman
It doesn't matter, but I'd start with the MM7 mod because it takes less time to complete and still bears some resemblance to the original MM7. Just a personal choice.

BDJ

Return to “Might and Magic”