MM7Rev4modR1 a mod for might and magic 7 has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
toh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby toh » 12 Oct 2008, 13:43

1) could you be more specific?

2) some kind of quest? So, how can i get back home from Nighon? (minotaurs > Gogs > Stone City > Barrow down >) That is a long way to run. Where i can get this quest as soon as possible?

4) Is there "Meditation" barrel? where?

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 12 Oct 2008, 18:34

1) In a chest by the bridge-like building in Bracada Desert located close to the stables, in a chest on the lone island west of Tatalia, in a chest in northeastern or northwestern Deyja [not sure which], in Grand Temple of the Moon on Evenmorn Island [take the stairs to the right up to the second floor, then click on the walls on the left for a secret door], in a chest on the Obelisk island in western Avlee, on top of a hill in Barrow Downs [the first large hill you'll see when you arrive from Bracada].

2) Yes, a quest. It's the Archmage promotion quest, given to you by Mr Grey in the Sorcerers' Guild. Be sure to read his instructions very carefully as the quest needs to be done immediately upon getting it, and it's quite different than before.

4) I haven't found one, so I think not...

toh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby toh » 12 Oct 2008, 19:55

Thx a lot, Phobos!

This golem quest gives me headache even in original MM7 :(

5) where is the Fire expert?

6) I've found barrels:
Repair item, disarm, identify item, learning, bodybuilding, merchant, perception. Is there more?

Lord13
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Lord13 » 13 Oct 2008, 09:02

I finally found some time to install and start playing
this mod. I played around 3-4 hours so far and is done
very good job indeed :) I will post again when I finish it :-D
Every man dies...
Every beast dies...
Only heroes live forever!

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 14 Oct 2008, 14:55

You're welcome!

5) Blayze teaches it on Emerald Isle after you return the Lost Scroll of Wonka to him. He will also increase your characters' skill points in Fire Magic to 7 or 8.

6) I think that's all there are.

Herry Hardfoot
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Herry Hardfoot » 15 Oct 2008, 04:34

A disarm barrel? I've managed to miss that one all the way through two games. Anyone remember where it is?

toh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby toh » 15 Oct 2008, 07:36

Sorry, Herry, i start the second game and forgot where it was :)
may be Phobos can help us?

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 15 Oct 2008, 14:10

I don't think I've ever found it, actually.

toh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby toh » 18 Oct 2008, 13:45

"3) Your characters will get Dark Magic automatically at one point "

which point? i want to learn it as soon as possible.

7) Where is the OLD tree? I need to calm down the trees by giving him the heart of the trees. By the way, they are friendly already (as always)

8) Somebody gave me the hint, that i shoud look for some woman in Erathia, who travels alot, but will be home at summer. where is her home and when sould i visit her? (june to august?) It is the Coding quest as far as i remember.

Herry Hardfoot
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Herry Hardfoot » 19 Oct 2008, 07:58

toh wrote:"3) Your characters will get Dark Magic automatically at one point "

which point? i want to learn it as soon as possible.

7) Where is the OLD tree? I need to calm down the trees by giving him the heart of the trees. By the way, they are friendly already (as always)

8) Somebody gave me the hint, that i shoud look for some woman in Erathia, who travels alot, but will be home at summer. where is her home and when sould i visit her? (june to august?) It is the Coding quest as far as i remember.
I think Maximus gives you dark magic once you get the Control Cube. So, you have to take on the Pit and talk to Maximus, who gives you the Cube quest.

The Oldest Tree is on the southern island in the Tularean Forest map.

Look for the Coding quest lady in the Lictor's house just west of the guy who gives you the Treaty of Pierpont quest. I'm not sure which months exactly she is there; June through August seem likely.

toh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby toh » 02 Nov 2008, 10:35

no, i receive Dark magic from other guy just before the Cube quest.

The Oldest tree was on island in original game, but not in this mod. i even killed all trees just to make sure i did not miss Oldest. cant find it :(

Where is grandmaster of dark magic live?

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 02 Nov 2008, 19:07

@toh: I've checked a save game with the game finished and I didn't have Gand master dark magic, so I think you can't...I don't see as a problem, as you have both light and dark :-D
About the Eldest tree, If I remember correctly there wasn't any quest concerning the tree.

Herry Hardfoot
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Herry Hardfoot » 03 Nov 2008, 07:28

Ordinarily you would get grandmaster Dark Magic from the King in the Castle in the Pit. In the mod, you can't get in to talk to him, so you can't get grandmaster Dark Magic.

As for the Oldest Tree, in the version of the mod I have, you still need it for the second Ranger promotion, and the Tree was located in the usual place. I don't know why it's not there in your game. Unless...I've heard that in some versions of MM7 killing all the trees before you complete the quest causes a glitch making the Oldest Tree not work. It's never happened to me so I don't know if the Tree actually disappears or if it simply won't talk to you.

toh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby toh » 03 Nov 2008, 09:39

The trees are NOT evil from the begining of the game.
and as i remember, the oldest tree have more HP than others - did not find such tree :(

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 05 Nov 2008, 23:32

As I posted in the other thread:
It would be nice to have a mod where money was really hard to come by. Who the heck needs to steal anything? It's a useless skill. And you should be able to sell the stolen stuff.
It's not labels "stolen"; stupid.

nin99
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

help me peeps.. where is the mod MM7Rev4mod?

Unread postby nin99 » 06 Jan 2009, 10:16

Hey guys, I am in love with mm6, 7 and 8 (so so), and would love to try the new mod you guys are talking about. But I cannot find anywhere to download it. Big daddy's site (http://blog.filefront.com/BigDaddyJim/) no longer hosts the mod file, and I cannot find anywhere else where its available. Can one of you pm me and make it available online on one of the filehosting sites?

Thanks in advance.

bungleau
Scout
Scout

Unread postby bungleau » 06 Jan 2009, 15:28

BDj's rev4 mod is the basis for Vladimir's mod, so if you get that, you've got BDJ's mod.

I've never had problems with the trees in either the original version or BDJ's mod. In the original game, they're hostile at the start. In BDJ's, they're not. And I've completed the Heart of the Wood quest after killing all the rest of the trees.

Would have been interesting if completing the quest made the rest of the trees non-hostile. Perhaps it does... they've never lasted that long with me ;)

And I'm not sure if I'm a glutton for punishment, Variol, or obsessive about score. You know time is a factor, right? So if I don't have to train.... :D
*B*
Save early, save often, save before, save after

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: help me peeps.. where is the mod MM7Rev4mod?

Unread postby Storm-giant » 06 Jan 2009, 20:13

nin99 wrote:Hey guys, I am in love with mm6, 7 and 8 (so so), and would love to try the new mod you guys are talking about. But I cannot find anywhere to download it. Big daddy's site (http://blog.filefront.com/BigDaddyJim/) no longer hosts the mod file, and I cannot find anywhere else where its available. Can one of you pm me and make it available online on one of the filehosting sites?

Thanks in advance.
Easy to find, It's hosted here(at CH) too, right here
And welcome to the forums! :)

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

help??

Unread postby MadMax » 07 Jan 2009, 01:14

i cant get down on the groundfloor?? ...

Herry Hardfoot
Peasant
Peasant

Re: help??

Unread postby Herry Hardfoot » 07 Jan 2009, 02:21

HeroOfPunk wrote:i cant get down on the groundfloor?? ...
Do you mean the ground floor of Castle Harmondale? If so, look for a torch of a different color...

Return to “Might and Magic”