MM7Rev4modR1 a mod for might and magic 7 has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 26 Jun 2008, 10:35

GracieMae wrote: One other question, should I be able to enter the white cliff caves? I am a priest of light now but still can't enter although on an earlier save before I restarted, I went in there very early on and fought a lot of trolls and earth ele's.
If I remenber correctly, you must first ask Avalanche(who in a house near the inn of Deyja and He is the gran master of earth). Then you should be able to enter the cave, and you will find the watcher's ring of earth. For entering in the White Cliff Caves, you should be able after requesting avalanche the quest. At least my party who ended the game still can enter.

Snowbird
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Snowbird » 26 Jun 2008, 19:10

Wait, so is he going to do it for MM8 too? Cause that would be really freaking awesome... especially if it was made at least 50 times harder..

moranimal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby moranimal » 30 Jun 2008, 16:49

I just wanted to add a big "thank you" to BDJ for this mod. It has really brought MM7 back to life for a friend and I. Really enjoyable. Thanks for all of your time, sweat and effort.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 03 Jul 2008, 11:38

Snowbird wrote:Wait, so is he going to do it for MM8 too? Cause that would be really freaking awesome... especially if it was made at least 50 times harder..
EEhhmmm 50 times? Are you sure?
I think MM8 need more quests in main line or some bosses - like Q in MM6 - really tough guy!!

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 03 Jul 2008, 17:36

This is a great work. I couldn't try it yet with no computer. :(

MM7 was the only MM I've ever played, and played a lot. I was playing these months ago, gathering material to send Angelspit for the site, but my computer broke :drama: and I couldn't get a new one since then (this suffering might end next month, though :hail:).

I wanted to ask if there's a walkthough with all the changings so, after playing until the very end, the player could really check ou the new features? :)
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 04 Jul 2008, 14:55

WOW Panda, you noticed already :D!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 05 Jul 2008, 14:42

I've found some bugs in this MOD!!!!
It happens on Emerald Isles. So I have to do much tests in my mod I usually use autosave.

So when you begin new game, there is an autosave...
Try to load it and you will find a lot of bugs!!!
You will get invisible NPC - mentor Alex - similar as teacher margaret in original game?? She told you abot Isles.

Near first vell you will see skeleton dwarf - tell something about danger in stone city...dvarwes are dying...after all you'll met him again near air guild - he will say that stone city is closed forever, everyone is dead now =) in 5 minutes all dead =)

So game became unsolvable - no Nighon tunnels, no stone city =)

McJeff
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby McJeff » 07 Jul 2008, 06:52

So I found about this mod by accident. It's great - I had no idea there was such an active community behind the M&M series.

But I have a problem with the new game. I can't even get off Emerald Island, because I can't find the Floor Tile.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 07 Jul 2008, 11:05

It is not in the old temple place.
I think it was in the chests (goblins guard 4 chests in broken hut).

Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Grail Quest » 10 Jul 2008, 15:18

Bimbasto wrote:Fully agree with Vilx point of viev. At the starting point things seems to be very easy. However just visit Barrow Downs and you will see some "nice" creatures in reasonable numbers. 4 Carnage bows are just to "must" have.
And, of course, promotions are essential.
IMO, whenever something becomes a "must have", it generally means the design is bad. More than that, it has the potential to railroad how players play. Which MM generally does anyway, but why make it even worse?

MM is not a strictly linear game and IMO a more satisfying solution to design challenges is to let the player find a class/party-based solution. In a strongly or strictly linear game, like DS or DS2, players don't necessarily have the freedom to wander off and find what they need, so they get handed a plot device (e.g., in DS2, the ballista you use in Snowbrook Haven), use it to overcome a cinematic challenge, then dump it and move on.
Commonly, a Monty Hauling or handing out artifact-level items to infants is not only unsatisfing in gameplay (or at least very tricky to pull off), but utterly unrealistic in the context of the game world. Not that Might and Magic has ever presented a coherently realistic game world ever.

Bimbasto
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Bimbasto » 04 Aug 2008, 18:58

@Grail Quest
May be "must have" is bit to strong, so to say. Idea is that these bows are very helpfull. While playing the Mod first/second time without any ideas, what will happen, weapons like these will help a lot. When the game became more familiar, player could find another solutions. Some players already did it. However, Bows will remove some "long" play at early stages of the game, when player need run to the Temple after killing one/two goblins, for example.

Lord-Ironfist
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lord-Ironfist » 06 Aug 2008, 11:38

I am having some trouble with the signal fires quest, I lit all the fires, but nothing happened. Afterwards I went back to check them all and one was not lit, and would not start again. Is there any other way to finish this quest.

Acromage
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Scill Barrels

Unread postby Acromage » 11 Aug 2008, 09:02

Hi everybody. Who can tell about all "skill barrels" (which add expert level to all characters like in Castle Harmondaile (expert of body bilding)) in the MM7 BDJ modF ? Where is it all and what skill?
And question about Harmondaile Town Portal. How do it works?

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 21 Aug 2008, 09:07

The barrels give Misc. skills. One is on the roof of one of Erathia buildings. It's near the Couriers' Guild.
To use the Harmondale Hub you need the keys. Give them all to some character and when you need to go somewhere give the right key to the first character.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Herry Hardfoot
Peasant
Peasant

Does anyone have the final patch for the Rev4 mod?

Unread postby Herry Hardfoot » 02 Sep 2008, 05:21

I have heard from other boards that there was a final patch after the Rev4 mod was made available here. Among other things, it deleted the Modder's Precious rings (which didn't work) and provided a new matrix for choosing a second class in the Coding Wizard's fortress (allowed a cleric to become a paladin, for one). Does anyone know where this patch might be found?

I LOVE this mod! I finished the Rev4, and it has renewed my enthusiasm for MM7. Favorite things--the "welcoming committee" in the Barrow Downs (I was in ecstasy when I first saw them); also the new entrance to the Arena (allows you to spell up and *then* save, so if you get massacred you don't have to spell up again). I don't mind the superpowers in the beginning, because you'll need them later. Not to mention how fun it is to blast the pesky hobgoblins in Harmondale with Bows of Carnage.

I did somehow miss the "Hurler of Mountains." Was he in the White Cliff Caves?

brunyon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby brunyon » 17 Sep 2008, 23:40

Where are the teleports and what do they look like

Herry Hardfoot
Peasant
Peasant

Teleports--lots of spoilers

Unread postby Herry Hardfoot » 18 Sep 2008, 03:16

There are different kinds of teleports. The well in the little town south of Castle Harmondale will teleport you to some places if you have the right keys (Avlee, Bracada, Deyja, Tatalia, Evenmorn Island). You get the keys by completing the Courier Guild quests given by the Courier Guild in Erathia (located where the paladin promoter used to be).

There are two teleport pedestals in front of the Town Hall in Erathia, one for Pierpont and one for Harmondale. To use them, you need a town portal pass that can be bought in the Inn (one trip per pass).

In addition, the five maps you can teleport to from Harmondale have "home portals" in them (they look like ordinary pedestals). You need a "home"key to use them (also obtained from the Courier Guild). Oddly, they don't take you back to Harmondale, but to Erathia.

Finally, there is a key that will teleport you to Emerald Isle (also obtained from the Courier Guild, I think, but I don't remember for sure). You use that key on the teleport square next to the stables in Bracada.

All the keys are used by placing the one you want in the inventory of the first character, and giving all the other keys to another character.

On a completely different subject, I found where the "Hurler of Mountains" is. Ouch!

brunyon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby brunyon » 18 Sep 2008, 03:31

Thanks I was running around clicking on wells trying to get back, now I am just having finding scroll 3 and 5 and 6 if there is one

toh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby toh » 12 Oct 2008, 07:43

great mod.

1) where are the golem parts now?

2) why the Town portal scrolls dont work? (i've drunk from main fountains)

3) I know there is no Dark path, but is there a way to learn Dark spells?

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 12 Oct 2008, 10:58

1) Bracada, Tatalia, Deyja, Evenmorn (Grand Temple of the Moon), Avlee and Barrow Downs. (correct me if I'm wrong)

2) The spell has been unmade and needs to be restored, which shall be done later on in the game.

3) Yes. Your characters will get Dark Magic automatically at one point and you will be able to buy the spells, too.

Return to “Might and Magic”