Staffs in MMVII

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Apeman
Peasant
Peasant

Staffs in MMVII

Unread postby Apeman » 02 Feb 2006, 23:02

I started an all monk party in MMVII (foolishly probably :) ) and I wanted to know which shop in which town sells the better staffs. Hopefully before I get to Celeste (I'm playing good BTW)

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Staffs in MMVII

Unread postby HodgePodge » 02 Feb 2006, 23:36

Apeman wrote:I started an all monk party in MMVII (foolishly probably :) ) and I wanted to know which shop in which town sells the better staffs. Hopefully before I get to Celeste (I'm playing good BTW)
Until you get to Celeste, try Tatalia. There is a Weapons shop up the hill you can try; and there is also another one on an island by the Cave where you get the Map to Evenmorn Island for the Cleric promotion quest.

You might also try Deyja. :)
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Marelt Ekiran
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Marelt Ekiran » 03 Feb 2006, 04:29

Or if you've managed to reach it, Nighon probably sells the best staffs on the earth.

Mind you, staffs are pretty crappy weapons. The best non-artifact staff that you can get is the Wizard's Staff, which is only +7 (unless I'm mistaken).

Apeman
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Apeman » 03 Feb 2006, 09:59

I know they are crappy, but four monks with grandmaster staff, unarmed, dodging, bodybuilding, learning and master leather, armsmaster should be pretty powerful :-D

Thanks for the info in any case

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 03 Feb 2006, 14:21

I'd forget about staves and put all the staff points into unarmed. That chance of dodging outright will save your hide more often than any benefit associated with the staff.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Suleman
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Suleman » 03 Feb 2006, 18:25

Bandobras Took wrote:I'd forget about staves and put all the staff points into unarmed. That chance of dodging outright will save your hide more often than any benefit associated with the staff.
Except the grandmaster ability of using both at the same time, which is the only good reason to use staves.
"Yes, but what about David Beckham and the magic mushroom?"

I'm baaaaaack!

Return to “Might and Magic”