jeweled egg!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
JurK
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

jeweled egg!

Unread postby JurK » 02 Feb 2006, 17:28

i got the MM6 millenium edition and the last quest i need is the jeweled egg

-> help :(

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 02 Feb 2006, 17:38

Maybe if you told us more precisely what it is that isn't working, someone could be able to help you. I know there's something about the Egg in the FAQ, but have no idea if that's what you're looking for.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: jeweled egg!

Unread postby HodgePodge » 02 Feb 2006, 20:29

JurK wrote:i got the MM6 millenium edition and the last quest i need is the jeweled egg

-> help :(
The Jewelled Egg is located in the Kriegspire Castle. Unfortunately, there is a bug associated with opening the door to the section where the egg is located. The Jewelled Egg isn't necessary to progress through the game or to finish it; however if you are one of those peeps who just must finish each & every quest, you can either follow the links to download Mok's Patch: http://telp.org/mm6/tavern/anyboard/posts/27430.html or you can use the MM6 handy-dandy saved-game editor: http://www.open.org/~hodge/M&M_Editor_Zips/ to just put the Jewelled Egg into one of your characters inventories.

Good Luck & Have Fun! :-D
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

FantoMaxJM
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby FantoMaxJM » 02 Feb 2006, 20:35

Jeps, that Mok´s patch worked for me just fine & I was able to get the Egg. :D

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 02 Feb 2006, 21:07

JoniJM wrote:Jeps, that Mok´s patch worked for me just fine & I was able to get the Egg. :D
Cool, thanks for the feedback. :-D

JurK
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JurK » 05 Feb 2006, 14:56

so its just bug in map? ~~

anyway, im just 1 of those people 8D

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 05 Feb 2006, 17:46

JurK wrote:so its just bug in map? ~~

anyway, im just 1 of those people 8D
The Kriegspire Castle door bug is a result of the MM6 1.1 patch. While this patch corrected some other issues, it also put this bug in the game. The Jewelled Egg is behind a door that doesn't open any more when you hit the trigger. This minor bug & other more major issues with XP are corrected with Mok's patch.

FantoMaxJM
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby FantoMaxJM » 05 Feb 2006, 20:44

HodgePodge wrote:Cool, thanks for the feedback. :-D
Actually "cool & thanks" to you! I was just a wannabe-helper, you gave the tip in the first place. ;)

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 11 Feb 2006, 01:47

Actually the Kriegspire door and the dungeon with the doors you open using the spacebar(I forget the map name since it's been too long since I've played) got bugged in version 1.2 and NOT 1.1. It's why I still offer the 1.1 .EXE file on my Web page.
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 11 Feb 2006, 22:56

DaveO wrote:Actually the Kriegspire door and the dungeon with the doors you open using the spacebar … got bugged in version 1.2 and NOT 1.1. It's why I still offer the 1.1 .EXE file on my Web page.
Well, Excuse Me! :lolu: You're right … it was version 1.2, which by the way, is the version of the Millenium Edition.

Anyway, it's very awkward to be changing the .EXE file back and forth during a game. It's much better to have one patch that addresses most, if not all, of the problems which occur in the 1.0 - 1.2 versions. That's what Mok's patch seems to do. However, your web page offers assistance to anyone who isn't already using Windows XP to play these Might & Magic games. :)

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 18 Feb 2006, 01:10

I apologize if I hurt your feelings in pointing out that version 1.2 had the bugs on the Jeweled Egg and the other area. I'll wait to see if there is any reason to host the version 1.1 .EXE file on my site. I'm waiting to hear if Mok's patch 'breaks' another area of the game. If I don't hear anything after a few years, I'll then remove the 1.1 .EXE file since it's not needed.

As far as my assistance goes on my Web page, I've provided links to other resources in getting other people to run the older M&M games. I'm available to answer some older M&M questions and assist with DosBox questions.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 19 Feb 2006, 01:13

DaveO wrote:I apologize if I hurt your feelings in pointing out that version 1.2 had the bugs on the Jeweled Egg and the other area. I'll wait to see if there is any reason to host the version 1.1 .EXE file on my site. I'm waiting to hear if Mok's patch 'breaks' another area of the game. If I don't hear anything after a few years, I'll then remove the 1.1 .EXE file since it's not needed.

As far as my assistance goes on my Web page, I've provided links to other resources in getting other people to run the older M&M games. I'm available to answer some older M&M questions and assist with DosBox questions.
Keep your site up DaveO :-D it is very helpful for people who either don't know about Mok's patch or aren't using Windows XP.

Anyhow, there is a "sound effects" glitch with Mok's patch … I'm not sure if it's because of Mok's patch or Windows XP but in some instances (entering castles & shops) the sound effects keep repeating (over & over & over) but can be corrected by going into the game Options & turning off the sound effects before entering these places.

One place in particular (Castle Stone in Frozen Highlands) keeps repeating & repeating so as to lock up the game. But like I said, I discovered that it can be avoided by turning off the sound effects in the options menu before entering the castle. :proud:

You've done a lot to improve the playability of Might & Magic … we fans all appreciate your efforts. You should leave your site up as a viable option for people looking for workarounds to the various "bugs & glitches" caused by the 1.2 patch.

Thanks, DaveO :-D

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 22 Feb 2006, 16:07

DaveO wrote:I apologize if I hurt your feelings in pointing out that version 1.2 had the bugs on the Jeweled Egg and the other area. I'll wait to see if there is any reason to host the version 1.1 .EXE file on my site. I'm waiting to hear if Mok's patch 'breaks' another area of the game. If I don't hear anything after a few years, I'll then remove the 1.1 .EXE file since it's not needed.

So, what's your site's adress?
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 26 Feb 2006, 17:43

GrayFace wrote: So, what's your site's adress?
DaveO's site is located here:

DaveO's Looting Lore

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 28 Feb 2006, 04:19

I definitely don't promote or advertise my Web page. It has been a LONG time since I updated it. I know I'm limited on space for the site, but I should have enough space to add MM3 and Xeen map coordinates. I was thinking of adding the Eternal Dagger manual, but it's a VERY old 8-bit game. The only reason I added the ED infomation and links was because it was the first RPG I really got a lot out of. This was also the era of when inventory management was much more important for RPGs than it is now(where you seem to be able to carry a mini Wal Mart assortment of items).

Return to “Might and Magic”