Old M&M videos

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

DOSBox M&M video project: MM3 or Worlds of Xeen?

Poll ended at 30 Apr 2008, 18:15

Might and Magic 3
31%
Worlds of Xeen
69%

Total votes: 13

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Old M&M videos

Unread postby DaveO » 01 Jan 2008, 18:15

A while ago, I posted a video of the Swords of Xeen finale and a few starter videos of recommended parties. Now that the new year has rolled around, I'm curious on what people would like more: Xeen or MM3? Regardless of order, both MM3 and Xeen will be done for videos, but don't expect the entire games as videos. Both would entail quite a bit of video work, but I am open to putting my project up to a vote.
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.

Suleman
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Suleman » 01 Jan 2008, 19:28

Worlds of Xeen is probably technically superior and far more extensive. If I have to watch one, might as well be that.
"Yes, but what about David Beckham and the magic mushroom?"

I'm baaaaaack!

MaxKnight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MaxKnight » 10 Jan 2008, 17:21

I would prefer to see the DOS version of Might and Magic III sooner than World of XEEN at the moment. RPGenie did a video playthrough of M&M3 for SNES, and I would love to see someone play through on the original DOS (since both the SNES and Genesis versions did things to the game to make them less fun to watch and play!).

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 10 Jan 2008, 20:33

I`d take M&M3.

And could anyone give a link to those posted videos? Yes, i`m too lazy to search ;)

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 17 Jan 2008, 03:23

http://www.stage6.com/user/DaveO_MM/ is for the longer M&M videos. I made very short videos on recommended parties on the YouTube site. Due to length of most places, don't expect to see many YouTube videos. Stage6 is not as limited on time and size of videos.

Larec
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Larec » 26 Jan 2008, 07:35

DaveO wrote:http://www.stage6.com/user/DaveO_MM/ is for the longer M&M videos. I made very short videos on recommended parties on the YouTube site. Due to length of most places, don't expect to see many YouTube videos. Stage6 is not as limited on time and size of videos.
Hmmmm, I never knew about this site. I might move my you tube gaming channel there. (I'm the guy who posted the M&M 3 ending video on youtube)

Stage 6 eh? Unlimited?

Interesting.

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 01 Feb 2008, 14:36

I do believe there is a size limit for Stage6, but my Swords of Xeen finale was not over it. I won't know an average time for Xeen videos until I start recording. YouTube has a five minute limit and size limit, plus the quality is not as good as Stage6 can be. The only downside is that you need to encode the videos for Divx, but I've not had issues.

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 02 Feb 2008, 16:34

but...where are the videos then?
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 02 Feb 2008, 17:09

On the third post above yours is a link. There they are :). If you cannot play them, just download a codec (which they offer in a link)...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 02 Feb 2008, 18:31

You may need to update the Divx player to view the videos. It's going to be quite hard to set aside time for Xeen, but I'll figure it out somehow. I've not recorded any new videos yet due to time constraints.

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 12 Mar 2008, 19:56

uhm..."Stage6 has shutdown".
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 14 Mar 2008, 00:42

Yes, so Stage6 has shut down but that does NOT mean the project is abandoned. I'm thinking of Vimeo as an alternate, but I'm going to wait some time to see the fallout. I'd hate to have a lot of video and nowhere to put it.

Return to “Might and Magic”