Rep mm7/8

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Rep mm7/8

Unread postby Tress » 14 Dec 2007, 11:43

although i played mm7 countless times i cant understand does reputation somehow affect game play. In mm6 it was noticeable because of light/dark masteries and you could get in prison for bad rep and npc reacted sometimes refused to talk according to reputation. In mm7 only place i noticed reputation present is sacrifice spell and even then it just changes by 1 fraction and still no idea how it would affect game. So does anyone know how does reputation affect game?

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 14 Dec 2007, 15:19

In MM7-MM8 the reputation doesn't affect the game in any way. Sometimes I wonder why the devs didn't remove it, at least in MM8.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 14 Dec 2007, 15:21

I don't know about MM8, but in MM7, higher reputation reduces shop prices and increases the amount of money you get from selling. Reputation is regional, so you can be liked in Stone City (which is likely if you've slain the troglodytes) but only neutral in Avlee. Completing quests increases reputation as does donating in temples, but donations only help up to a certain point. Unlike in MM6, reputation in MM7 doesn't lower over time unless you kill peasants or make them hate you in some other way.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 14 Dec 2007, 16:25

In MM7 your (regional) reputation rise when you complete quests - especially promotion quests.
But if you choose dark path, last promotion quests will lower your reputation - completed Black Knight promotion in Erathia will lower your reputation there. Same with Sniper quest in Avlee.
And of course you can always kill peasants (or NPCs with Sacrifice spell) or recruit specifical NPCs to lower or rise your reputation in MM7.

IIRC in MM8 reputaion is not working - always is neutral (however I don't remember to kill peasants in this game, so maybe reputation can be lower).

Return to “Might and Magic”