MM6: Spell suggestions

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Irq
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Irq » 13 Dec 2007, 15:47

Got dark and light mastery now, was pretty easy with the bard actually.

After training light mastery I turned in the bones and did Loretta Fleise Council Quest, that only got me down to average though, so had to kill a few peasants to get notorious.

After donating at a temple and doing a few quests I'm already Honorable again :)

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 13 Dec 2007, 16:54

HodgePodge wrote:
Phobos wrote:
HodgePodge wrote:If you're already at Glorious, then hiring a Bard will increase your Reputation by one level … and I think the next level is Saintly.
Angelic comes after Glorious, the next level is Saintly.
Oops, that's right … in that case, hiring two Bards will get him to Saintly. Image
I don't think the effect of the Bards is cumulative...

CoffeeGnome
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby CoffeeGnome » 13 Dec 2007, 17:05

Phobos wrote:
HodgePodge wrote:
Phobos wrote:Angelic comes after Glorious, the next level is Saintly.
Oops, that's right … in that case, hiring two Bards will get him to Saintly. Image
I don't think the effect of the Bards is cumulative...
The hiring of 2 bards just worked for me. I got the 1st one in New Haven and the 2nd in Silver Cove. So, apparently it did work. :-D
Coffee, coffee, coffee!

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 13 Dec 2007, 17:29

I don't see what the fun of getting Dark Mastery is without butchering peasants. They have a hard life. Might as well give them a quick death. :devil:
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

CoffeeGnome
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby CoffeeGnome » 13 Dec 2007, 17:38

Omega_Destroyer wrote:I don't see what the fun of getting Dark Mastery is without butchering peasants. They have a hard life. Might as well give them a quick death. :devil:
Hard life? All they do is walk around randomly and occasionally get in your way. They do not even give you a smile when they do. Also in MM6 the hostles in the wilderness do not even attack them, they come directly for you. At least in MM7 they finally fixed this logic error.
Coffee, coffee, coffee!

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 13 Dec 2007, 17:44

Or you could try to find interesting ways to do it. Bouncing a rock blast around a corner, at them. Make it so the one getting killed doesn't know you killed them, that way. Kind of, at least.

However, I would like this part even more, if they kept it in MM7. Those dwarves would be the first to go. Those annoying little hall blockers.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 13 Dec 2007, 17:47

Sir William S Titan wrote: However, I would like this part even more, if they kept it in MM7. Those dwarves would be the first to go. Those annoying little hall blockers.
Tell me about it! Add to that an annoying quirk I had where I slept in the hallway and some evil (red dot) dwarves showed up attacking me and I couldn't kill them without having the entire dwarven kingdom descend upon me. Gah!

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 13 Dec 2007, 17:51

Never had that happen. But, since there's a tavern there, I always just buy a room, if I want to sleep there. Which isn't often, really. For healing, it's usually temple, training(if I can) or a bed.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 13 Dec 2007, 17:58

Sir William S Titan wrote: I always just buy a room, if I want to sleep there.
Filthy dwarven whor*s...as if. No really, I was just trying to kill time so the training shop would open...big mistake.

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 13 Dec 2007, 18:30

I see. Well, I sometimes do that too. I don't remember getting a random encounter before, though. But, it may have happened. Been a long time since I first played the game.

I do, however, remember trying to yell at one of the dwarven guards, once. I must've accidentally hit the attack or quick spell button, because I did hit him. That turned those green dots red, that's for sure. That was not what I wanted to happen.
Signature:

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 14 Dec 2007, 15:23

CoffeeGnome wrote:The hiring of 2 bards just worked for me. I got the 1st one in New Haven and the 2nd in Silver Cove. So, apparently it did work. :-D
Really? That's great, I had always thought that it didn't help. What a nice piece of information! =D

Ed Robinson
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ed Robinson » 06 Jan 2008, 05:32

I have a question for Hodge-Podge regarding an earlier post.

The teleport from New Sorpigal to Gragon Sand. Is this only available at the beginning of the game? I had never known of this until I read your post. I tried it after that but nothing happened.

I'd love to try that.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 06 Jan 2008, 20:01

Ed Robinson wrote:I have a question for Hodge-Podge regarding an earlier post.

The teleport from New Sorpigal to Gragon Sand. Is this only available at the beginning of the game? I had never known of this until I read your post. I tried it after that but nothing happened.

I'd love to try that.
No the transporter to Dragonsand from the Buccaneer's Lair in New Sorpigal is available throughout the game, although later in the game, it's not as helpful as at the beginning.

You have to click on the right place of the Buccaneer's Lair to trigger the transporter. Go to the entrance, cast fly (or have your Wind Master cast it) and land on the ledge above the door. Then click on the roof wall (eaves) in front of you and you'll be transported to Dragonsand. Here is a picture to show you where to click …

Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 07 Jan 2008, 15:46

Actually, fly isn't needed. Just stand on the ground, next to that ledge, and look up, at the trigger area. Jumping may be needed, but fly isn't, really.
Signature:

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 07 Jan 2008, 18:00

Sir William S Titan wrote:Actually, fly isn't needed. Just stand on the ground, next to that ledge, and look up, at the trigger area. Jumping may be needed, but fly isn't, really.
I tried jumping (by hitting the X key) and clicking, but to no avail. I found fly to work every time. Maybe the Jump Spell would work better than using the X key. ;|
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 07 Jan 2008, 18:10

I've done it without fly, or the jump spell. I do use the space bar, instead of clicking, though.
Signature:

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 07 Jan 2008, 18:15

I loved that little transporter. I will say it royally sucked the times I'd teleport there and instantly get nailed by dragon's breath. :disagree:
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 11 Jan 2008, 17:09

Never knew that it was there. Just costs you 200 gold (well, i'm just gonna die and return to the beginning) and a little speed to gain the +20 stats :) very nice!!!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

CoffeeGnome
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby CoffeeGnome » 11 Jan 2008, 17:15

Now that I have found this little portal (Thank you HodgePodge for the Pic,) I cannot see myself going for it right at the beginning because my party is not strong enough to survive dragons fire. I completely recommend that you deliver the letter to Castle Ironfist first so that you are 3rd level first as this will give you better chances for survival. The windmaster and gatemaster are good idwas too.

Source: Died by dragons breath the moment I found it. :(
Coffee, coffee, coffee!

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 11 Jan 2008, 17:33

Well, you just need to be quick and have just a little luck. All my partymembers have all the stats. Just get the stats and get yourself killed to get back at New Sorpigal...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Return to “Might and Magic”