MM6: Spell suggestions

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

Irq
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 12
Joined: 04 Dec 2007

MM6: Spell suggestions

Postby Irq » Dec 10 2007, 12:55

Hey

I have a KCSS party.
My cleric got all the self magics, the first sorc got air and earth magic, the second got water and fire magic.
I'm planning on brining all those to master level.

But I need to figure who gets dark and light magic.

I was thinking that 1 with light magic is enough, that could be the cleric, and then the two sorcs get dark magic.
Would that be smart? Don't want to end up missing something after I train them to master.

Also how many skill points should I put in each kind of magic?


Thanks

User avatar
Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight
Posts: 1548
Joined: 23 Nov 2005
Location: Chicago, IL

Postby Kristo » Dec 10 2007, 13:50

As you've no doubt discovered, this game is more "Magic & Magic" than Might & Magic. That said, it's more important to be able to dish out damage than it is to avoid it. You have a pretty good plan there. Every skill point above 7 will increase the damage you do with Shrapmetal. I loved having Meteor Shower for the big outdoor areas, so you may want your non-Fire Sorcerer to have more points in Dark Magic than the other.

To be honest, you don't really need a plan. The game is most fun when you don't know what you're doing. I completed the game without either Light or Dark magic (no one in my party could get the skills).

User avatar
darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 4009
Joined: 02 Jul 2007
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Postby darknessfood » Dec 10 2007, 16:18

What M7M game are you talking about ;|

User avatar
Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight
Posts: 1548
Joined: 23 Nov 2005
Location: Chicago, IL

Postby Kristo » Dec 10 2007, 17:31

He's talking about MM6. Look at the thread title. ;)

User avatar
HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight
Posts: 3522
Joined: 06 Jan 2006

Postby HodgePodge » Dec 10 2007, 17:49

Give all your characters (that can learn the skills) both Light & Dark. In MM6 it's comparatively easy to get to Master Level (the highest level in MM6) in both Light & Dark at Master Level. There's no need to choose a path in MM6, so it would be to your benefit to have all your Magic Characters (Clerics & Sorcerers) learn both Light & Dark. Having three Masters will allow you to tackle the tough 'monsters' you're about to encounter. :-D Also, both Light & Dark Magic offer great defensive spells. (Light: Day of the Gods & Dark: Day of Protection)

In addition, it would be prudent for both of your Sorcerers to Master all of the Elemental skills as well. As you progress through the game, you'll find two Masters of Elemental Magics quite useful, both for offense & defense … and there's nothing quite as beneficial as two Masters of Water, since you're gonna need all the Lloyd's Beacons you can get.

You can place Lloyd's Beacons at Stat & Resistance enhancing wells to visit daily. You can also place Beacons in towns where there isn't a fountain for Town Portal to work (Bootleg Bay, Mire of the Damned, Kriegspire, Paradise Valley, Hermit's Island, Sweet Water … this place has a really cool well in the southeast area). Or you can use Lloyd's Beacons when your party needs to be healed and you want to return quickly to the place you just left.

With only one Master of Water, you'll only have five Beacons available; with two Masters of Water, of course, you'll have ten Beacons available.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

User avatar
CoffeeGnome
Pixie
Pixie
Posts: 133
Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Location: Sacramento

Postby CoffeeGnome » Dec 10 2007, 22:43

You should probably loose the knight, non-spellcasting characters (or characters lacking in spellcasting strength) are hindered in MM6 since the spellcasting ones can learn weapon skills just as well as they can. Since the knight, archerer and paladin cannot attain the same level of mana as the spell casting classes can, they are at a handycap in this version of the game.
Coffee, coffee, coffee!

User avatar
Tress
Raider
Raider
Posts: 788
Joined: 05 Dec 2007

Postby Tress » Dec 11 2007, 14:17

Knight isnt too efective in mm6 since there isnt armaster skill at all, and my sorcerer did almost same damage in meele with his dual daggers. He only get powerfull pool of hp.
As for magic i suggest to concentrate in single school. For example i leveled only air magic for my archer and near end it was (dont relay remember) 15+ and his implosion hit for fantastic damages. Also i generally found earth magic weak. Its meteor type spell is rather weak and is beat by fire/air showers any day. Its standard missile blade is physical damage and is replaced fast by sharpmetal(one of most powerful spells). So i sugest you give dark magic to sorc and cleric, and light magic to another sorc. Also put extra effort in body magic - Flying fist and heal spells are realy helpful.

User avatar
darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 4009
Joined: 02 Jul 2007
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Postby darknessfood » Dec 11 2007, 15:26

Kristo wrote:He's talking about MM6. Look at the thread title. ;)


Ow, sorry for that, Just returned from a day out to a nice hotel.Was kinda tired when reading it :D .

Ontopic: Well, they can just learn anything. But to start of, you can begin with dark magic. Nice and handy to level up (Armageddon FTW :D) Just nuke every land (exept for the ones with small creatures like new sorpigal). Then gather al the loot there is and then level up your characters (really easy).With the mone you got, you can buy every spell very easy (for light magic) and the skill points gained from leveling ,you can master very easy too...

User avatar
HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight
Posts: 3522
Joined: 06 Jan 2006

Postby HodgePodge » Dec 11 2007, 20:59

darknessfood wrote:Ontopic: Well, they can just learn anything. But to start of, you can begin with dark magic. Nice and handy to level up (Armageddon FTW :D) Just nuke every land (exept for the ones with small creatures like new sorpigal). Then gather al the loot there is and then level up your characters (really easy).With the mone you got, you can buy every spell very easy (for light magic) and the skill points gained from leveling ,you can master very easy too...

Killing all the peasants isn't necessary or productive, as then they won't be available to hire as NPC's.

To quickly level up your characters, use the wonderful little 'Easter Egg' located in New Sorpigal. Below are my suggestions to getting a fantastic head start in MM6:

Spoilish Below!

    After delivering the letter to the guy in the Tavern, take the 1,000 gold and travel to Castle Ironfist via the Coach across the street.

    Go to the Castle there and give the letter to Wilbur Humphries who gives you 5,000 gold.

    With this gold hire both a Wind Master & Gate Master (right click on all the peasants roaming around to see what their occupations are). If none of the peasants are Wind or Gate Masters, save your game and reload. With each reload, the peasants' occupations change.

    (Note: I had better luck in New Sorpigal finding Wind & Gate Masters.) Since you have to return to New Sorpigal anyway, I'd use the coach in Castle Ironfist to return to New Sorpigal.

    After finding the Wind & Gate Masters, put all the gold you have left in the Bank. Then go to the Buccaneer's Lair in New Sorpigal (building behind the Bank) use your Wind Master to fly up to the eaves … SAVE YOUR GAME HERE! Once you click on the eaves (roof) you will be immediately transported to Dragonsand.

    (Be sure your party is in RUN Mode (by holding down the Shift Key … or if you are using Mok's Patch, you are automatically in Run Mode.)

    Immediately RUN into the Shrine in front of you and hit the Enter Key to put the game in Pause Mode. Dragons will be attacking; but the Shrine will protect your party from most of the attacks.

    If your party dies (or even if any one of them dies) reload your game and try again … it is quite possible to get into the Shrine without any of you characters dying.

    In Pause Mode, turn around and face the Obelisk. Selecting each character separately, click on the Obelisk for +20 to all Stats & Resistances. This will greatly improve your chances in battles. Each character can only benefit from the Shrine of the Gods once.

    Then turn around again and click on the wall of the Shrine behind you. You will be transported to the 'Secret 3DO/NWC Dungeon'.

    Search this dungeon completely by clicking on everything. There is much treasure, much of it excellent. Armor, Boots, Cloaks, Weapons, Spell Books, Gold, Potions, Food, etc.

    There is also a Treasure Chest which increases your Gold to 10,000 (not counting what you have in the Bank). Continue clicking on the chest until your gold reaches 10,000.

    When you are finished completely searching the dungeon, you can use your Gate Master to return to any Town with a Fountain.

    The dungeon respawns about once a week … but the Treasure Chest is always available to increase your Gold to 10,000. So return often.

    If you time your visits right, you can put your gold in the Bank & return again & again for more until you get enough for Bows, Skills, Spells, Weapons & Magic Items. Be sure to give to buy all your characters the Bow Skill.

    Castle Ironfist's Weapons Shop (down the hill) sells decent bows & the Weapons Shop up the hill sells Swords.

    Mist & Free Haven have Elemental Spells for Sale. Free Haven also has Self Magic Spells for sale, as does Castle Ironfist. Light Magic is sold in Silver Cove & Blackshire. Dark Magic Spells are sold in Frozen Highlands & Blackshire.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

User avatar
darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 4009
Joined: 02 Jul 2007
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Postby darknessfood » Dec 12 2007, 13:09

Well,that'sa good start Hodge. But then,follow my strategy!!! You don't need to hire anyone anymore.And if you want to do that, you can always beg or threat them into listening to you,it works 99.9% of the time. You cam also master your diplomacy skill and the like you to (correct me if iam VERY wrong here). And if you lootet all the hydras, blue and red dragons,and the wyrms. You can throw yourself in jail (this at the cost for a year) and peasants will like you to,because they forgot how you were. Also, you can save your rep by donate some gold to the tempels. You can get a really high statto with this one. Follow some quests and you can even become a saint!!! And you MUST be a saint to master Light magic!!!

Irq
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 12
Joined: 04 Dec 2007

Postby Irq » Dec 12 2007, 15:32

Thanks for the info

I just did the battle mage quest (Get dragon tower keys) and now I'll try to get my water magic mastered, will make the follow up quest much easier.

My reputation is glorious atm, so it seems smarter to go for mastering light magic first.

I've seen the tip about the Shrine of the Gods and NWC dungeon, didn't want to use it though as I thought it might be less fun being too strong.
Will go there later :-)

User avatar
Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 3851
Joined: 06 Aug 2006
Location: City of Griffin
Contact:

Postby Avonu » Dec 12 2007, 16:08

Speaking of Dark Magic in MM6 - is there anyway to learn for both cleric and sorceror Dark Conataiment spell? IIRC one and only book with this spell is in Dragonsand - I didn't find it in magic guilds.

darknessfood wrote:Also, you can save your rep by donate some gold to the tempels. You can get a really high statto with this one.

IIRC you only can rise your reputation one rank above average in temples. If you want higher reputation, you must comleted some quest and/or recruit special NPCs.

User avatar
HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight
Posts: 3522
Joined: 06 Jan 2006

Postby HodgePodge » Dec 12 2007, 17:51

Irq wrote:Thanks for the info

I just did the battle mage quest (Get dragon tower keys) and now I'll try to get my water magic mastered, will make the follow up quest much easier.

My reputation is glorious atm, so it seems smarter to go for mastering light magic first.

I've seen the tip about the Shrine of the Gods and NWC dungeon, didn't want to use it though as I thought it might be less fun being too strong.
Will go there later :-)

If you're already at Glorious, then hiring a Bard will increase your Reputation by one level … and I think the next level is Saintly.

The Shrine & NWC Dungeon doesn't make you too strong, just helps keep your party from getting killed and having to reload; especially from the start. But if you've already gotten the Dragon Tower Keys, then you're doing pretty well already. :-D
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

User avatar
Phobos
Demon
Demon
Posts: 308
Joined: 17 Jan 2006
Location: Finland

Postby Phobos » Dec 12 2007, 18:12

HodgePodge wrote:If you're already at Glorious, then hiring a Bard will increase your Reputation by one level … and I think the next level is Saintly.
Angelic comes after Glorious, the next level is Saintly.

User avatar
HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight
Posts: 3522
Joined: 06 Jan 2006

Postby HodgePodge » Dec 12 2007, 20:32

Phobos wrote:
HodgePodge wrote:If you're already at Glorious, then hiring a Bard will increase your Reputation by one level … and I think the next level is Saintly.
Angelic comes after Glorious, the next level is Saintly.

Oops, that's right … in that case, hiring two Bards will get him to Saintly. Image
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

User avatar
CoffeeGnome
Pixie
Pixie
Posts: 133
Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Location: Sacramento

Postby CoffeeGnome » Dec 12 2007, 20:38

I know in theory it is easier to get master in dark but, is there any way to get this without killing a whole bunch of peasants? I have no problems getting up to saintly in reputation, I feel like I am cheating when I kill a bunch of harmless peasants to get mastery in dark.
Coffee, coffee, coffee!

User avatar
HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight
Posts: 3522
Joined: 06 Jan 2006

Postby HodgePodge » Dec 12 2007, 20:44

CoffeeGnome wrote:I know in theory it is easier to get master in dark but, is there any way to get this without killing a whole bunch of peasants? I have no problems getting up to saintly in reputation, I feel like I am cheating when I kill a bunch of harmless peasants to get mastery in dark.

Everytime you get healed at one of the Baa Temples, your Reputation is lowered. Also there are a few NPC's which lower your Reputation (Pirate, Gypsy, Duper, Burglar).
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

User avatar
CoffeeGnome
Pixie
Pixie
Posts: 133
Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Location: Sacramento

Postby CoffeeGnome » Dec 12 2007, 21:14

HodgePodge wrote:
CoffeeGnome wrote:I know in theory it is easier to get master in dark but, is there any way to get this without killing a whole bunch of peasants? I have no problems getting up to saintly in reputation, I feel like I am cheating when I kill a bunch of harmless peasants to get mastery in dark.

Everytime you get healed at one of the Baa Temples, your Reputation is lowered. Also there are a few NPC's which lower your Reputation (Pirate, Gypsy, Duper, Burglar).


I guess it is best to do this early in the game, sometime after Loretta Flese or the second paladin quests when the bones he has for treasure lower your reputation. Right now I am in the middle of the soul gems and every time I find one it increases my reputation vastly. Do you get an even lower reputation for donating to a temple of Baa rather than just visiting it?
Last edited by CoffeeGnome on Dec 13 2007, 1:37, edited 1 time in total.
Coffee, coffee, coffee!

User avatar
Tress
Raider
Raider
Posts: 788
Joined: 05 Dec 2007

Postby Tress » Dec 12 2007, 22:16

I hate killing peasants too. But to get bad rep without actually killing anyone in the end, I kill some peasant in snake temple and res him with dark magic over and over till I aquire necessary rep.

User avatar
HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight
Posts: 3522
Joined: 06 Jan 2006

Postby HodgePodge » Dec 13 2007, 1:33

CoffeeGnome wrote:
HodgePodge wrote:
CoffeeGnome wrote:I know in theory it is easier to get master in dark but, is there any way to get this without killing a whole bunch of peasants? I have no problems getting up to saintly in reputation, I feel like I am cheating when I kill a bunch of harmless peasants to get mastery in dark.

Everytime you get healed at one of the Baa Temples, your Reputation is lowered. Also there are a few NPC's which lower your Reputation (Pirate, Gypsy, Duper, Burglar).


I guess it is best to do this early in the game, sometime after Loretta Flese or the second paladin quests when the bones he has for treasure lower your reputation. Right now I am in the middle of the sould gems and every time I find one it increases my reputation vastly. Do you get an even lower reputation for donating to a temple of Baa rather than just visiting it?

Oh yeah, I forgot about selling bones & the Loretta Fleise Council Quest. I believe your reputation does take a dive if you donate to the Temples of Baa. Also, very late in the game, freeing Archibald lowers your reputation substantially, I think it's a whopping two or three levels. Of course, by that time it wouldn't make much difference. :-D
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.


Return to “Might and Magic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests