Does Perception only apply to the active character?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
cruzader
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Does Perception only apply to the active character?

Unread postby cruzader » 05 Dec 2007, 07:14

for seeing secret doors, etc...please say no....thx =)

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 05 Dec 2007, 09:12

Nopes, doesn't really matter... And stop making topics for every useless question. Stick to 1 topic "i suck at might and magic, can anybody give me some noob directions" :devil:

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 05 Dec 2007, 12:57

It does apply only to the active character for opening trapped chests. The better perception the active character has the less damage you take.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 05 Dec 2007, 15:06

On the contrary, keep making separate threads for each question. It makes it easier to answer each one without the threads getting bloated. :)
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 05 Dec 2007, 15:32

It also keeps the forum active. (Or at least makes it look more active, but meh. Details.)

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 05 Dec 2007, 16:37

darknessfood wrote:Nopes, doesn't really matter... And stop making topics for every useless question. Stick to 1 topic "i suck at might and magic, can anybody give me some noob directions" :devil:
Don't listen to the lich or let his remarks discourage you! Ask all the questions you want, and if they're a new subject, then by all means, start a new thread.

Only one character needs to have Perception for seeing secret doors, etc. but you'll want to have that character selected when you open chests. Since Perception is relatively a cheap and easy skill to learn, it would probably be prudent to have all of your characters to get to at least Expert Level so in case you forget to select your most perceptive character, you'll still have some protection against traps.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 05 Dec 2007, 17:10

Hey, don't set me of as a bad guy here. I'm a darn good lich!!!I just think it's anoying to make a treat for every single question. You can just play the game and see for yourself instead of asking everything... They also have faq's and walktroughs :devious:

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 05 Dec 2007, 17:52

darknessfood wrote:Hey, don't set me of as a bad guy here. I'm a darn good lich!!!I just think it's anoying to make a treat for every single question. You can just play the game and see for yourself instead of asking everything... They also have faq's and walktroughs :devious:
When I was a noobie, I asked all sorts of questions and was helped by some really nice people. I think it's only fair to treat others the way you'd like to be treated yourself. If someone gets offensive in their questions, then maybe a 'corrective' remark is applicable; but I saw nothing in cruzader's questions which deserved being insulted.

CoffeeGnome
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby CoffeeGnome » 05 Dec 2007, 20:34

Everyone asks a lot of questions when they are a newbie. Post as many questions as you like. Read through some of the older questions as well as they are full of tips that you may find helpful.
Coffee, coffee, coffee!

cruzader
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

quick question...

Unread postby cruzader » 05 Dec 2007, 23:05

I'm not clear on whether the char w/ high Perception needs to be the active char in order to see hidden doors... thx

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: quick question...

Unread postby darknessfood » 06 Dec 2007, 00:02

cruzader wrote:I'm not clear on whether the char w/ high Perception needs to be the active char in order to see hidden doors... thx
Nopes, i think it picks the highest rank automaticly... (dahm i'm helpfull)

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 06 Dec 2007, 02:56

darknessfood wrote:
cruzader wrote:I'm not clear on whether the char w/ high Perception needs to be the active char in order to see hidden doors... thx
Nopes, i think it picks the highest rank automaticly... (dahm i'm helpfull)
Only when disarming traps do you need to manually select the character with the highest Perception. The game does select when perceiving hidden doors.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 06 Dec 2007, 07:35

HodgePodge wrote:Only when disarming traps do you need to manually select the character with the highest Perception. The game does select when perceiving hidden doors.
I'd rather select the character with higher disarm trap skill ;)
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 06 Dec 2007, 09:31

Gaidal Cain wrote:
HodgePodge wrote:Only when disarming traps do you need to manually select the character with the highest Perception. The game does select when perceiving hidden doors.
I'd rather select the character with higher disarm trap skill ;)
SO true! That is the trick, no need for perception if you have a high rank of disarming traps. I think in each Might and Magic game that "disarm trap" is a MUST have skill for your team...

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 06 Dec 2007, 15:09

Doesn't Perception affect the amount of treasure in a chest once you open it? I'm pretty sure Luck does.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 06 Dec 2007, 15:27

Gaidal Cain wrote: I'd rather select the character with higher disarm trap skill ;)
Heh, mm 6 was my first mm game and I mistakenly put master perception on one character and master disarm on another...I didn't make that mistake for my mm7 party. Gee I should finish that game.

Return to “Might and Magic”