Hidden Treasure

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
CoffeeGnome
Pixie
Pixie

Hidden Treasure

Unread postby CoffeeGnome » 27 Nov 2007, 21:11

This forum is intended to collect hints on various places where the games hide treasure. This subject could mean anything from treasure chests that do not look like chests, hidden obolisk treasures, objects that contain coins, etc.
The majority of these items I have found are in MM6 but there are some in other MM adventures as well.
Here is a list of what I have found:
MM6:
* In New Soprigal if you walk along the beach behind the guild of elements there will be a large rock on the beach. It is in fact a chest in disguise.
* In the Sewers under the City of Free Haven there are any number of treasures within the grates all through this dungeon, including potions and the key to the treasure room at the north end of this dungeon.
* In the Monolith most of the trees and bushes within this dungeon contain a certain number of coins if you just ckick upon them. (I guess money does grow on trees in MM.)
* After reaching all of the obolisks in each of the worlds, the hidden treasure can be found in Dragonsand. The chest is North of the Temple of Varn and looks like a large rock that is surrounded by a number of smaller rocks.
MM7:
* Aromage can be very profitable but it truly does not count as hidden treasure. It is more of a reward for gambling (lovely bad habbits we are learning from MM.)
* After each of the obolisks have been reached. The treasure is revealed on Evermorn Island as a bloom of snapdragon flowers on the southernmost island, these only show up at night though.
* In Deja Desert there is a chest hidden at the top of the mountains that separate that castle with all of the harpies and hobgoblins around it and that small village by the obolisk to this world. Sure this does not look like something other than a chest it is just hidden too high up to fly and is not revealed by wizard eye.

These are just some of the examples I have found. Hopefully others can contribute to this list and make our characters a little richer.

accabear
Scout
Scout

Unread postby accabear » 28 Nov 2007, 09:48

Ah very helpful. I recall on game faq's there are several guides dedicated to treasure hunts and such.
These are just some of the examples I have found. Hopefully others can contribute to this list and make our characters a little richer.

I think most characters after six hours or so of playing are already sufficiently rich but anyway...

For MM6 there is the Shrine of the Gods that just about everyone should know about plus the good old secret fly scroll hidden on the bank wall of New Sorpigal.

There is also the buffing up your character in a particular stat then constantly playing a circus game and using all the accumulated prizes to receive golden pyramids. Just head over to Dragon Sands and translate these pyramids into goodies like armour, weapons and other items at Abdul's resort.

Ojh yeah and in MM9... yes that's right MM9 there is a secret passage behind one of Kira the Cold's bookshelves. You'll need to disarm the trap on the chest to get the fairly good loot...

DaveO
Demon
Demon

MM8 hidden treasure

Unread postby DaveO » 28 Nov 2007, 11:08

MM8 Easter Eggs
Many thanks to hard work from other 3DO Community members to help me put this information on my Web page!

Alvar
1. Ogre Fort outside inner wall (chest artifact)
X-20530, Y-2845
2. Rock (chest regular items)
X-4200, Y-10670
3. Tree (ring) active character must have repair item skill of 5 or greater
X-14705, Y-380
4. Pine Tree (unlimited White potions) active character must have repair item skill of 7 or greater
X-15440, Y-19600

Dagger Wound Isle
1. Buoy (+2 skill points)
X-3790, Y-18650
2. Buoy (+5 skill points)
X-11140, Y-3125
3. Palm Tree (Empty potion bottle) active character must have repair item skill of 3 or greater
X-4075, Y-7965
4. Flower (Ring) active character must have repair item skill of 5 or greater
X-18765, Y-5970

Garrote Gorge
1. Flower (chest regular items)
X-12405, Y-8025

Ironsand Desert
1. Rock (chest artifact)
X-13815, Y-750
2. Rock (ring) active character must have repair item skill of 5 or greater
X-1830, Y-3630
3. Cactus (random cheap item), active character must have level of 3 or greater in repair item skill
X-7550, Y-4110

Murmurwoods
1. Gives you items for whatever gems you are carrying, here is what you get for each type of gems
(at least what I get). Zircon(250g)-Citrine gem, Iolite (500g)-Random item,
Citrine(750g)-Amethyst gem, Amber (1000g)-White potion, Amethyst (1250g)-Emerald gem,
Topaz (1500g)-Random item, Emerald (1750g)-Apple, Ruby (2250g)-Black potion, Diamond (3000)-Horseshoe
X-3170, Y-6100

Ravage Roaming
1. Crate (chest artifact)
X-16090, Y-11770
2. Rock (chest regular items)
X-2310, Y-3510

Ravenshore
1. Buoy (skill points)
X-4905, Y-15100
2. Tree (chest artifact)
X-4965, Y-14065
3. Tree (reagent) active character must have repair item skill of 3 or greater
X-1965, Y-4990
4. Tree (empty bottles will replace full ones in inventory)
X-17830, Y-10135

Regna
1. Tree (scroll)
X-1290, Y-70
2. Tree (empty bottles will replace full ones)
X-4715, Y-1180

Shadowspire
1. Rune Post (reagent) Active character must have a level of 3 or greater in repair item skill
X-5350, Y-12320
2. Rune Post (ring) active character must have repair item skill of 5 or greater
X-2990, Y-3800
3. Rune Post (white potion) active character must have repair item skill of 7 or greater
X-12060, Y-7850
4. Back wall Potion shop (Lloyds beacon scroll)
X-8760, Y-1195
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.

CoffeeGnome
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby CoffeeGnome » 29 Nov 2007, 22:52

accabear wrote:For MM6 there is the Shrine of the Gods that just about everyone should know about ...
Where? I found the scroll of fly but not the shrine.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 29 Nov 2007, 22:58

There's a hidden passage in the wall on top of one of the nearby buildings (Buccanneer's Lair I think). You will of course need to Fly there.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 30 Nov 2007, 00:56

CoffeeGnome wrote:
accabear wrote:For MM6 there is the Shrine of the Gods that just about everyone should know about ...
Where? I found the scroll of fly but not the shrine.
Corlagon wrote:There's a hidden passage in the wall on top of one of the nearby buildings (Buccanneer's Lair I think). You will of course need to Fly there.
Yes, Corlagon is right. But your best bet is to hire a Gate Master before you go to the Shrine of the Gods, to ensure your party can get safely back to any town with a Fountain.

Fly up to the eaves above the entrance to the Buccanneer's Lair, click on the eaves and you'll be instantly transported to Dragonsand. Make sure your party is in RUN mode.

Be sure to SAVE before you click on the eaves because those Dragons are TOUGH and can kill your party before you even get into the Shrine.

Then run into the Shrine in front of you, click Enter to put the game into turn-based-mode. Face the Obelisk and have each character click seperately on the Obelisk to get the +20 to all Stats & Resistances. Then turn around and click on the wall behind you to enter the secret 3DO Dungeon.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

accabear
Scout
Scout

Unread postby accabear » 30 Nov 2007, 12:42

There are two goblin kings in side the dungeon. The place is meant to represent the 3DO offices with the peasants representing various employees. Also click all the boxes to get bits and pieces and various items. There should be a pantry about too. Just go up to it, select one character and hold down the spacebar. Everyone's inventories should fill up with empty potion bottles, the one character will probably get poisoned and if you hold down the space bar long enough you can get hundreds of food. Also you'll find a box which gives you up gold until you reach a total of 10000. In that case, teleport back to New Sorpigal with a gatemaster, deposit your 10000 gold in the bank then rest in the inn. Fly to the top of the Buccaneer's Lair (hire a flight master) then repeat.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 06 Jan 2008, 22:09

Some artifacts locations:

MM7
Special items - see Flamestryke's page

Chests with random artifacts:
- Clanker's Laboratory (you must click button and jump into hole in one of room to open two secret areas with six chest - only one of them have artifact)
- Colony Zod - one of the prison room
- Titan's Stronghold (artifact only if you not reach limit of 13 random artifacts)
- Lincoln (as above)

MM8:
Fixed artifacts (always in that same place):
- Ring of Planes - Dark Dwarf Compound
- Judicious Measure - Ravege Roaming (Dread Pirete Stanley treasure)
- Terminus - Regnan Pirate Outpost (Dagger Wound Islands)
- Snake - Dragon Hunter's Camp (Garrote Gorge)
- Eclipse - Necromancer's Guild (Shadowspire)
- Noblebone - Yaardrake's Cave (Shadowspire)
- Mace of the Sun - Abandoned Pirate Keep (enter through tunnels; Regna)
- Glomenthal - Arcomage quest (Ravenshore)
- Scepter of Kings, Foulfang, Elderaxe - Vault of Time (Ravenshore)

Chests with random artifacts:
- The Uplifted Library (Dagger Wound Islands)
- Tree near bridge in Ravenshore (see DaveO post)
- Wall in back of Ogre Raiding Fort in Alvar (see DaveO post)
- Stone on Ironsand Desert (see DaveO post)
- Chain of Fire on Ironsand Desert (2 arts)
- Ilsingore's Cave on Ironsand Desert (2 arts)
- Cave in Dragon Cave, Garrote Gorge (3 arts)
- Naga's Vault (Garrote Gorge)
- Old Loeb's Cave, Regna
- Chest in Barbarian Fortress (outside), Ravege Roaming (see DaveO post)
- Chests and secret area in Castle of Fire on Plane of Fire (4 arts)
- Chests in Castle of Air on Plane of Air (4 arts)
- Chest in Escaton's Crystal
- Escaton's Palace (at least 2 arts)

Also, you can always loot dragons, crystal dragons (MM8) and titans (MM7) to find some random artifacts.

MM9 locations later (I don't think anyone need them right now ;) ).

EDIT:
I still missing 3 artifacts - even if I looting dragon corpses - I can't find them. They just disapear from "treasure list".

EDIT 2:
Nevermind - just Dragon Cave had a respawn - I found these 3 "missing" artifacts.
Last edited by Avonu on 16 Jan 2008, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 10 Jan 2008, 14:05

Corlagon wrote:There's a hidden passage in the wall on top of one of the nearby buildings (Buccanneer's Lair I think). You will of course need to Fly there.
Not neccessary. Just stand near, look up and press space.
HodgePodge wrote:But your best bet is to hire a Gate Master before you go to the Shrine of the Gods, to ensure your party can get safely back to any town with a Fountain.
Well, there is a way back to Harmondale on an outside wall (IIRC) of the shrine, so this isn't neccessary too.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 10 Jan 2008, 16:09

Not neccessary. Just stand near, look up and press space.
Doesn't seem to work for me. :| Just spent five minutes trying - lo and behold, the only way to get close enough is to fly up onto the ledge.

EDIT: Tried a little harder, looks like you can just make it if you approach from the left, look up through the tree, jump and simultaneously hammer the spacebar like mad.

And I didn't know you could reach Harmondale in Might and Magic VI... ;|

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 11 Jan 2008, 16:29

Come close enough so you don't see the tree. I usually do this from the right side.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: MM8 hidden treasure

Unread postby GrayFace » 12 Jan 2008, 13:31

DaveO wrote:MM8 Easter Eggs
More accurate:

Dagger Wound Isle
1. Buoy (+2 skill points) active character must have 13 Luck or more
X-3790, Y-18650
2. Buoy (+5 skill points) active character must have 20 Luck or more
X-11140, Y-3125

Abandoned Tample in Dagger Wound Isle
1. Wall or floor (1 Diamond)
X 13542, Y 1331
[Edit] Looks like it's the diamond from the room with Prophecies Of The Sun. If so, this is just a bug that let me pick it.

Ravenshore
1. Buoy (+5 skill points) active character must have 20 Luck or more
X-4905, Y-15100
Last edited by Anonymous on 07 Jun 2009, 18:48, edited 1 time in total.

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 13 Jan 2008, 16:20

then theres the tree that gives you a scroll of flight(or something like that..?) east of Ironfist castletown, along the mountianside west of you if you face east
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 19 Apr 2008, 16:19

MM9 black chests (with artifacts) locations:

Fixed artifacts:
- Black's Heart (dagger) - in chest in Cluso's House in Drangheim City
- Everstrike (bow) - chest at lake in caverns beneath Dook's Castle in Guberland
- Gungnir (spear) - chest in floor in library section of Inventa Storca in Thronheim
- Spencer's Obedience - vampire coffin in Connecting Tunnels (between Thronheim and Yorwick)
- The Green Man - gived by (guess who) after completing quest for druid in Frosgard
- One of Fre's set - given by genie (if you wish an item) in Ruined Temple in Frosgard

Random artifacts:
- Dook's Castle - chest in lake in caverns beneath castle
- Verhoffin Ruins on Isles of Ashes
- Lich lab in Yorwick
- Prison in Drangheim
- Yanmir's Fort in Frosgard
- Training Hall in Thjorgard - chest is hidden in crate in room with two lizard-orcs
- 2 chest in Dragon Cave in Lindisarne
- Near end of Chasm of the Dead, hidden in wall - you must activate trap to enter this secret room
- Bath House in Arslegard
- several in 1000 Terrors in Arslegard

If you visited one of this region and not emptied chest and then you deleted your mini-game folder, artifact in this chest will be removed from game treasure list pernamently - it will be lost forever (of course if you didn't use any editors or trainers).
Same with respawn (training hall is respawned every time when you enter there - at least if you didn't use telp patch), so make sure that you grab item from chest before leaving. Same with Dragon Cave - there is advice to cast Lloyd's beacon after entance to this place and quick leave (to return later via this spell and avoid dragon) - but in that case you lost two artifacts.
Last edited by Avonu on 21 Apr 2008, 11:12, edited 2 times in total.

Malthus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Malthus » 20 Apr 2008, 10:03

In Gharik's Forge, click above door after the bridge ( after you have opened the secret room and moved the lever at the start of the dungeon) to get bonus to fire resistance for "clicking" character.

Dess
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dess » 30 Apr 2008, 22:54

Right clicking and casting jump to scale the mountain/volcano in Nighon (MM7) will get you some premium ore and the odd gold pile.

Also, there are clues to a treasure being buried by pirates in MM6. Something like "beneath a tree on an island south of Mist" never found it myself though.

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 03 May 2008, 10:44

if i remember it right its just a chest beneth a tree on some small island. not buried or anything, but i could be remembering wrong though.
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 05 May 2008, 06:23

Dess wrote:Also, there are clues to a treasure being buried by pirates in MM6. Something like "beneath a tree on an island south of Mist" never found it myself though.
You need shovel and rope to dig up this treasure. ;)

IIRC it was just a rumor - there isn't such treasure in MM6.

CoffeeGnome
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby CoffeeGnome » 05 May 2008, 15:06

Avonu wrote:
Dess wrote:Also, there are clues to a treasure being buried by pirates in MM6. Something like "beneath a tree on an island south of Mist" never found it myself though.
You need shovel and rope to dig up this treasure. ;)

IIRC it was just a rumor - there isn't such treasure in MM6.
Maybe I just do not get your sense of humor but, where is there a shovel or rope in MM6?
Coffee, coffee, coffee!

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 05 May 2008, 16:18

Here, and I forgot about lockpick which you need to open treasure chest.

Real version: They are in game files but they aren't used in gameplay.

Return to “Might and Magic”