Strange building in MM7 loading screen

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Strange building in MM7 loading screen

Unread postby Avonu » 23 Nov 2007, 09:12

Anyone know what is building on this screen? I'm mean this "portal" between Stone City and Thunderfist mountain.

I don't remember that it was in game or even in game files. I first think it could be Castle Harmondy gate but some details are different.

accabear
Scout
Scout

Unread postby accabear » 24 Nov 2007, 02:49

Gateway of some sort inside Celeste?

Suleman
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Suleman » 24 Nov 2007, 18:14

Dunno. Walls of Mist?
"Yes, but what about David Beckham and the magic mushroom?"

I'm baaaaaack!

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 25 Nov 2007, 02:54

Well obviously it leads to the "Stairway to Heaven" ;| Only for those who have freed Roland & helped banish Archibald to Clanker's Lab … where he can play Parcheesi and drink complex-compound potions with Evil Eyes for all eternity!
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

CoffeeGnome
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby CoffeeGnome » 26 Nov 2007, 19:47

Well the building on the right is in Mount Nighton and the one on ther left is in Celeste (Might and Magic Heaven,) so would it not be logical to have the gateway in the middle be the gateway to heaven? It looks like a gate to me and when you get to Celeste, there is a tunnel at first (suggesting the doors are already open to you.) In fact when you attain either the path of good or evil the Judge explains that the gates to Celeste and the Pit are open to you now.
I know this is a stretch but it seems logical to me if you are looking for an explanation of what that doorway is.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 26 Nov 2007, 21:31

Ok, first of all when I posted "portal" I meant that thing.
Second - near all buildings on MM7 loading screens are pictures of some in-game animations - like Stone City or Erathia's Serwers. But I nowhere seen that thing - not even in game files (when you can also see Temple of Light or Darkness animation or even Connecting Tunnels).
Third - I don't think that can be entrance to the Pit. Gates from this picture have column in the middle - entrance to the Pit hasn't it.

[quote=""CoffeeGnome"]Well the building on the right is in Mount Nighon and the one on the left is in Celeste[/quote]
It's Stone City - not Celeste.

PS
Thanks for answers anyway.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 27 Nov 2007, 00:45

It could be meant to represent a Barrow-Down door. There's a tree on it which is reminiscent of the tree marker which represents a gate to the outside in the Barrow-Downs.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

accabear
Scout
Scout

Unread postby accabear » 28 Nov 2007, 09:37

I still say it's something from, Celeste. Mayhaps it be the temple doors? Or possibly the entrance to Gavin Magnus's castle? Although the door for some unexplained reason, brings up thoughts of the arena... don't ask why.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 28 Nov 2007, 14:04

It's just art. Do you think the graphic designer was actually trying to make it like the cities in the game? I don't.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 28 Nov 2007, 19:32

I don't think it's "just art". After all nearly all buidings on MM7 loading screens have animations in game - example when you entering Castle Lambert game show animation of it. Check yourself:

Image Image Image Image Image

I never found animation of this door - maybe it indeed is entrance to the Pit, Barrows or Arena... or maybe it was concept art of some building which was cut before final release?
I don't remeber that griffin's nest on picture no 2 was also in game.

accabear
Scout
Scout

Unread postby accabear » 29 Nov 2007, 06:50

I don't remeber that griffin's nest on picture no 2 was also in game.

It isn't really meant to be identifiable, but the griffon's nest I think depicts the islands inhabited by royal griffins just North of Steadwick along the coast.

As Phoenix reborn said, it is just art. It isn't meant to be all too specific about anything. I thought it looked kinda cool and was just a nice collection of different locations and creatures stacked together. Some places are easily identified, some not. Either way it's just art... perhaps the gateway wasn't intended as an actual in-game structure. The artist just thought it fitted in with things...

Alan06
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alan06 » 06 Dec 2007, 18:01

i think its a combination of different parts of the game :|

Return to “Might and Magic”