Might and Magic X proposal from a diffrent point of View

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
White Wizard
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby White Wizard » 01 Dec 2007, 00:36

getting a M&M from ubi is in the realms of possibility..(and if not we can make our own resurrected game one way or another *grins*)
The characters need to be better structured.not only to spice up the game but also to compete with other
up to date RPG's.(ok won't need a lot to beat that lolz) still,having better interaction doesn't mean there can't be one-liners in it cause i really like that too.A great one-liner needs to be said on the very right moment,so you can't have good one-liners all the way in the game.
still some of the old so called "one-liners" could still appear in the game to satisfy some diehard fans.

for example:
One character:ah just a scratch,ah just a scratch,...
other rightreous character:euh..actually you're bleeding all over the place

one dump character:thats a monster?
other smart character:it's a minotaur,and what a fine specimen he is,be carefull,quite aggressive in nature!he's resistend to...
other hysterical character smacks on their heads:ow just kill it you idiots!

afraid character:need to get out of here,now!
other character:do us all a favour..

Some of the associations will fuction like guilds/joinable and stuff,others will just have quests,some are just like dungeons.
I like the idea of associations getting involved in guildwars.

@accabear:you wouldn't need a good/evil duplicate warrior guild for the black knight and paladin problem.(or any knight promotion)
It's just because the guilds of both promotions are located in very diffrent towns,cultivated in a totally diffrent manners.
Just like a restaurant in spain would be diffrent from a restaurant in italy,if you'd learn to cook in one of both countries, you'd also would learn it in very different ways.(don't know if thats a clear example :p)
maybe the name of the guilds shouldn't be warriorguild (or mage,thief,...) in the towns.but "knights order" in human town,"songblades" in elven town,"blackswords" in necromancer town.the black knight promoter could be an individual trainer but connected to the"blackswords"guild in that town.its more logical a teacher learned once too you know...
And warrior guilds who work together,for example the one from the humans and elves,could promote certain promotion(s).the less popular promotions are the "evil" ones cause they affect your reputation negative because they are just not popular,there will be no talking about good/evil path this way either.it's just a question of promotion popularity.

Later i'm going to perform a bigger update,organize ideas etc
You can still tell what made M&M more special for you,comments,suggestions all welcome
as a helping hand in writing,winks at accabear

accabear
Scout
Scout

Unread postby accabear » 01 Dec 2007, 05:04

This looks like another cue for another of my long posts... perhaps tonight.

accabear
Scout
Scout

Unread postby accabear » 01 Dec 2007, 11:38

getting a M&M from ubi is in the realms of possibility..(and if not we can make our own resurrected game one way or another *grins*)
The characters need to be better structured.not only to spice up the game but also to compete with other
up to date RPG's.(ok won't need a lot to beat that lolz) still,having better interaction doesn't mean there can't be one-liners in it cause i really like that too.A great one-liner needs to be said on the very right moment,so you can't have good one-liners all the way in the game.
still some of the old so called "one-liners" could still appear in the game to satisfy some diehard fans.
Nah, I am trying to be realistic and I am quite sure Ubisoft is just going to turn a deaf ear towards us and all the hardcore fans.
Just like a restaurant in spain would be diffrent from a restaurant in italy,if you'd learn to cook in one of both countries, you'd also would learn it in very different ways.(don't know if thats a clear example :p)
maybe the name of the guilds shouldn't be warriorguild (or mage,thief,...) in the towns.but "knights order" in human town,"songblades" in elven town,"blackswords" in necromancer town.the black knight promoter could be an individual trainer but connected to the"blackswords"guild in that town.its more logical a teacher learned once too you know...
Yeah but that still means there will need to be an evil/good equivalent of every guild. They may be totally different and varied, but it still means there will be two... I guess that can work but I think we shouldn't have so many guilds around... it just makes for an over-elaborate and messy game. By the way I'm not a good chef. A midnight snack of a grilled cheese sandwich is probably the best I can do.
And warrior guilds who work together,for example the one from the humans and elves,could promote certain promotion(s).the less popular promotions are the "evil" ones cause they affect your reputation negative because they are just not popular,there will be no talking about good/evil path this way either.it's just a question of promotion popularity.
Also by having even more guilds as accorded by race, that will create even more of them. Like I said, a nice varied selection, but not too many. It would make guild wars a terribly complex affair, with loyalties stemming from half a dozen different locations.

Later i'm going to perform a bigger update,organize ideas etc
You can still tell what made M&M more special for you,comments,suggestions all welcome
as a helping hand in writing,winks at accabear
I'll be happy to help organize your thoughts as well as evaluate them. Give an update on some of the issues discussed here and I may be able to draft something up depending on how much you tell me. In particular would you like to retain the original skills progression? Ie. Level up gives you certain number of skill points, this translates into your various skills etc. I also think that each class should have a unique promotion tree. They don't all have to be set along a rigid good/evil path.

Finally what other weapon skills, miscellaneous skills and magical skills should be available? Create some new ones? Also I reckon characters should be able to use weapons they don't have skills in. It's not as if you can't use a mace just because you haven't had formal training? You should just receive a penalty for it and also what do you think of my proposal to have no pausing, Ie. turn based mode if you wish to include body specific targeting and damage?

Hmm... my post doesn't appear to be as long as I thought. Oh well. Look forward to you reply. Oh yes and what probably made Might and Magic special to me... I can't really remember anymore actually. Just the fact the game was so non-linear and the dressing up of characters as well as the satisfaction of creating an awesome party and traveling about the lands just doing all sorts of stuff. I reckon the varied landscapes and exploration opportunities really got me into it. I just love the first time I went about exploring Tatalia, admiring the swamps, climbing the mountains and finding bits of treasure about the place.

White Wizard
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby White Wizard » 01 Dec 2007, 23:33

Update

guild section,the promotion tree,unfinished part of skills and few minor adjustments,the newest/biggest adjustments here:

the class promotion tree

HUMANS
Knight(champion,paladin,dread knight,gladiator,barbarian,commander)
Thief (Villian,assasin,bard,spy,robber)
Ranger(marksman,hero)
Cleric(priest of light,priest of darkness,heretic,zealot)
Druid(gaurdian)
sorcerer(archmage,lich,overlord,alchemist)

transformations:lich,Zombie,Nosferatu,overlord
pets:imp,demon,cerberus(overlord) griffin,gollem(alchemist)

ELVES
Knight(champion,commander)
Thief (bard,spy)
Ranger(marksmen,master hunter,hero,beastmaster)
Cleric(high priest,priest of light,zealot,vakyrie)
Druid(high druid,shaman,gaurdian)
sorcerer(archmage,elementalist)

transformations:Gorgon,Wishmaster,siren
pets:unicorn,pegasus,phoenix,titan,elements

DARK ELVES
Knight(dread knight,commander)
Thief (Villian,assasin,spy,shadowdancer)
Ranger(marksman,sniper,beastmaster)
Cleric(high priest,priest of darkness,heretic,ninja)
Druid(high druid,shaman,mystic)
sorcerer(warlock,overlord)

transformations:Banshee,wishmaster,overlord
pets:imp,demon,cerberus,evil eye,dragon

DWARFS
Knight(paladin,commander,gladiator)
Thief(villian,bard,spy,robber)
Ranger(beastmaster,hero,gadgeteer)
Cleric(priest of light,pries of darkness,ninja)
Druid(high druid,gaurdian,runemaster)
sorcerer(alchemist,archmage)

transformations:Zombie
pets:gollem

GOBLINS
Knight(champion,dread knight,barbarian)
Thief (villian,assasin,robber)
Ranger(sniper,gadgeteer)
Cleric(heretic)
Druid(shaman,witchdoctor)
sorcerer(warlock,alchemist)

transformations:Banshee,doomharpy
pets:gollem,evil eye,basilisk(witchdoctor)

Guilds
will be alot more involved ingame
Joining a guild could be done by payment,doing a quest to show competence or loyalties
In case of accepting guilds loyalty quest you could get banned from the opposite guild,if that guild is in a guildwar.
Guilds will have "main quests" and small monthly quests will be handed out by the guilds.
The ability to join a guild is class specific.
There will be a guild Ranking system:the higher your ranking becomes by doing their quests and stuff, the more facilities will be available to you,and you get access to particular guild specialities

Elemental guild(fire,earth,water,air,depending on wich town some are more specialized in one specific element)
Mind guild
Body guild
Spirit guild
--------------
Dark guild
Light Guild
--------------
-the warrior guild
-the thiefsguild
-merchant guild
-crafters guild is race associated and have specializations-Dwarfs:renovation and defences
-Human:Improvement of buildings
-Elves&Dark elves:decoration of buildings
-Goblins:traps for buildings

Associations are a sort guilds not officially recognized by a government(followers of the snake,order of dragon,shadow guild,circle of witchcraft,blood brotherhood..)
Some of the associations will fuction like guilds:will be joinable,others will just have quests for you,some are just like other dungeons.
associations could get involved in guildwars

SKILLS (unfinished)

Armour:leather,plate,chain,shield
Weapons:sword,staff,mace,axe,bow,spear,dagger
Magic:Air,earth,water,fire,mind,spirit,body,light,dark,(fiendcraft,mysticism)
Other:perception,armsmaster,meditation,merchant,body building,unarmed,learning,instruments,disarm traps,Pickpocket ,lockpicking,summon,

lots more to follow
And i'll point out the character specific skills/creatures special abilities later

Transformation special abilities:
Lich:steal mana,dark container,soulforge,powerspell(eyes glow red and spells do 50% more damage)
Overlord:Fiendcraft,gating,demonseed,devil form(temporarely)
Gorgon:poison,snakespeed,reflection,patrify
Nosferatu:bloodlust,levitate,lifedrain,Mistform
Wishmaster:lucky day,create food,high value,Rejuvenation
Siren:seduce,Glamour,song of temptation,tsunami
Doomharpy:vicious claw,curse,rage,Deathstrike
Rot Zombie
Lord of decay(mana)

What about your personal Headquarter,should you be able to place it anywhere,make the guild you're HQ,have a stronghold or,able to buy a "home" in each town?some thing need more clarity there i think before i can put a clear view on it

accabear
Scout
Scout

Unread postby accabear » 03 Dec 2007, 10:44

I'll have to get back to you on alot of this. I've had little time do get about with this with my mini three day holiday ending.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 03 Dec 2007, 12:12

Lol, Ubisoft only needs to make the graphics, the rest is up to the Celestial Heavens comminuty :-D

accabear
Scout
Scout

Unread postby accabear » 04 Dec 2007, 08:58

If only that was the way things worked...

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 04 Dec 2007, 09:16

Yeah, there is just NO perfect world :disagree:

accabear
Scout
Scout

Unread postby accabear » 04 Dec 2007, 11:34

Sorry White Wizard and others. Some person just made me perform a one week computer fast. Don't ask how she pressured me into doing it. But I'll do it. See you next Tuesday!

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 04 Dec 2007, 13:15

accabear wrote:Sorry White Wizard and others. Some person just made me perform a one week computer fast. Don't ask how she pressured me into doing it. But I'll do it. See you next Tuesday!
Bye bye, good luck on the job...

White Wizard
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby White Wizard » 05 Dec 2007, 10:42

thats a pitty to hear,really,I could have used some help
Actually i'm going to send this proposal to a "very special person" when it's done.I'm trying to pay attention to everyones wishes,if they tell ofcourse,and are reasonable enough...
As for now I add the "promotion special attributes" to the promotion tree

Promotional special atributes
For Knights

Champion-----retaliation,divine guidance,Last stand,proud
Dread knight-----Dreadful Countenance,devour strenght,Malice,Ominous fate
Paladin-----Aura's,magical resistance,Detection(of magic,traps,truth,..a paladin knows when someone is lying),sympathize
commander-----tactics,evasion,leadership,preparation(turn based each of party moves first)
Gladiator-------dual weapon(can use 2 weapons,wether it are axes,spears,swords)Piercing damage,adrenaline,vitality
Barbarian------stunning blow,beast within,might over magic,battlecry

For thiefs

Villian-----sabotage,connections,corruption(gains extra skill points if you handle quests like a bad guy),deceive
Assasin-----Mark of death,assasin's promise,seeping wound(monster health degeneration),unsuspecting strike
bard----instruments,Perform,empathy,lore
Spy----decode,learn secret,disguise,hide crime
Robber-----blackjack(knock citizens unconcious+loot),smuggle(extra inventory option),contribution(robber contributes extra money to party each month:depending on level),
Avaricious(when your party dies you'll lose less money)
Shadowdancer-----lunar guidance(more powerfull at night),dark empowerment(ally target stronger dark spells),illusionism(double image,...),the lotus

For The Ranger

Master Hunter----intuition,trace,avenger,survival
Marksman-----Double shot,concentration,focus,parry
Sniper-------precision,eagle eye,distance shot,magical arrows
Beastmaster----Beast mastery,beast within,peacefull night(can't be amushed)identify monsters(unique)
Hero----courage,connections,justify(receive extra skill points if you handle quests like a good guy)benediction
Gadgeteer-----repair items(unique)gadget making(mix objects),creativity,beautify

For The Cleric

High priest-----weather controle(sour rain,sunray) cleaning nova(dispell all magic+silence),telepathy(unique),twilight(knows some rare spells)when this character dies it will be an eclips
Priest of light-----Exorcism,shrug darkness,master of blessings,prayer
Priest of Darkness----posses,shrug light,master of curses,dark gifted
Heretic----Demonology,pyromancy,sacrifice,voodoo(can select a target,when in other city get his voodoodoll and nobody will know you killed/disabled that target)
Ninja----unarmed,thrown criticals,powders(fog,irritation,...)Martial Arts
Zealot----unarmed,purify,Artifacts(ability to use the powers of ancient relics,artifacts others can't)Spiritual Attunement(when someone of the party heals you,you automatically receive mana too)
Valkyrie-----cheat death,Gallantry,regeneration,fury

For the Druid

High druid------primal bond,Owl’s Wisdom,Bear’s Endurance,Bull’s Strength
Shaman---camouflage,herbalism,True Seeing(character sees through Ethereal and Invisibility effects),natures wrath(all natural beings do more damage)
Gaurdian----shapeshifter(cave bear,dire wolf,...),naturale balance,immunity,gaurd(take damage for ally)
Mystic-----mysticism,unknown secrets(makes ethreal effects stronger,also secrets of dreams),body controle(have monster npc's do things for you like set of traps,...commanders are powerless against this skill),dreameater
Witchdoctor------witchcraft(shrink/transform enemy creatures),ritualism,spirit bag(can prison elements and suck their powers,transforming them in exta hp,resistance etc)occult(brew things with unique effects)
Runemaster-----runelore(runes of corruption:take more mana for an enemie spellcaster,Rune of banish:dismiss a summoned creature,rune of protection),rune armour,scribe body(effect of rune more powerfull,something like quickspell)hammer(ony the runemasters can use this weopon)

For The Sorcerer

Lich---(transformation)mana tap,dark container,soulforge,powerspell(eyes glow red and spells do 50% more damage)
Overlord----(transformation)Fiendcraft,gating,demonseed,devil form
Archmage-----Arcane (excellence,omniscience,...)magic mirror,mark of the wizard,sorcery
Alchemist-------alchemy,consume artifact,science(change effects en effectivness of potions)bomb throwing
Elementalist-----summon(element covers your character,can't hit your character until the element is defeated),
Communing(connection with elements),orb(unique weapon of the elementalist),energy(power of summoning,damage the orb does,...)
Warlock------dark ritual,destruction(increase effect of all damaging spells),counterspell,sap magic(magic damage by enemy reduced by 20 procent)

White Wizard
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby White Wizard » 07 Dec 2007, 13:06

And the first impressions of the magical tree :p
-magical permitted rank(expert,master,GM) is also promotion bounded
so you must be promoted to attain certain spells
-Expert,master you can train in guild (if promoted) gm is someone in the word+quest
Normal should have 3 spells
Expert 5
M 5
Gm 2

Fire:normal:torch light,firebolt,Hypnotic Lure
Expert:fireball,energy blast,erruption,Fire Spike,glowing gaze
Master:meteor shower,inferno,boiling blood,immolation,burning soul
GM:disintigrate,explode(enemy creature)

Air:normal:wizard eye,feather fall,lightning bolt
Expert:jump,shield,sonic boom,silence,fog
Master:invisibility,implosion,fly,chain lightning,Pandemonium
Gm:starburst,whirlwind

Earth:normal:stun,slow,itching skin
Expert:stone skin,stone to flesh,Armormelt,razor cloak,elemental shield
Master:rock blast,death blossom,Telekinesis(lift objects/corpses and open chest),earthquike,Crush
Gm:mass distortion,Quicksand

Water:normal:poison spray,ice bolt,frost
expert:water walk,recharge item,acid burst,dehydrate,awaken
Master:enchant item,ice blast,town portal,blizzard,maelstorm
GM:Lloyd's Beacon,tsunami

Mind normal:remove fear,mind blast,fear
expert:cure paralyse,berserk,Mind Stab,Psionic Blast,Feeblemind
master:cure insanity,Psychic Shock,mindflay,Cerebral Hemorage,oblivion
Gm:enslave,phantasms(figments of the imagination for the enemy)

spirit normal:detect life,bless,turn undead
expert :remove curse,Preservation,Heroism,Lamentation,Dissonance
master:spirit lash,raise death,shared life,Feast of Souls,phantom force
Gm:resurrection,spirit rift

Body normal:cure weakness,heal,harm
expert:cure poison,hammer hands,flying fist,energy boost,regeneration
master:cure disease,magical protection,body atunement(immunity),renewal,seed of wellness(cast a x time before you attack monsters in order to work)
Gm:power cure,cure condition

Dark:normal:reanimate,toxic cloud,fatigue
expert:controle undead,plague,sorrow,vampiric weapon,cancellation
Master:dragon breath,armageddon,magic leach,pain reflection,hand of death
Gm:souldrink,Legion of doom(raise army of skeletal warriors,liches)

Light:normal:destroy undead,light bolt,dispel magic
expert:paralyze,day of the gods,gaurdian angel,golden touch,blinding flash
master:prysmatic light,day of protection,hour of power,sunray,song of peace
gm:divine intervention,sanctuary

Witchcraft(grey magic) normal:cats grace,confidence,misfortune
expert:curse,sleep,magical lock,blue fireflow (dancing blue fires harming creature),motion controle(you will have few selectable options to chose like dance,crawl,bend over,hink while pointing nose,frolic,act to collect money,..afterward you could for instance lift the creature in the air with telekinesis following by the GM explode fire spell...fireworks!!!!)
master:bind(object to person),shrink,banish,terror,vortex(swerling mass of magical energy)
GM:Soulbag(trap souls from enemies and gain some of their powers),dragonshape

White Wizard
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby White Wizard » 10 Dec 2007, 14:15

I've finished the spellbooks in previous post and in addition to the dark&light now also the grey(witchcraft) spellbook

Now why do we need a turn based M&M:it's nearly impossible to command a party while under attack in real time,
while your knight is busy with few monsters,you're cleric would be turned to ashes... spells like meteor shower would lose the strategic possibilities and last but not least we should be faithfull to the old M&M games
M&M should be like the real good party based RPG it always was,with turn based option.not a feeble imitation of the modern action/adventure types of games.

Perhaps a phased combat system,which characters turn it is depends on a character's speed,weapon,inventory,...?
you first set all your actions,while the enemy sets theirs,and then the resulting actions.
would bring a problem for the commander class however...

Possionable characters:if there are 6 main characters there would be more strategic combat.

allows you to determine who goes in front, who guards the flanks and rear, and who gets the prime spot in the protected center

Maybe i have enough promotion option to permit 6 characters,I dunno....

Perhaps character creation should be "very open"
shape faces and body,colour hair,eyes,lenght
With more races to chose from like a pixie,orc,demon,...
admit it would be cool to have a pixie gladiator...
In this case the companion section would be edited big time later on

What about the possibility to upgrade items in your inventory with the same item types you found,a better infrastructured inventory wich i will work out as well,together with the skills

i'm not yet adding the spellbooks on the first page

accabear
Scout
Scout

Unread postby accabear » 12 Dec 2007, 10:25

I see you've done quite abit of stuff while was away on my one week... vigil.
Now why do we need a turn based M&M:it's nearly impossible to command a party while under attack in real time,
while your knight is busy with few monsters,you're cleric would be turned to ashes... spells like meteor shower would lose the strategic possibilities and last but not least we should be faithfull to the old M&M games
M&M should be like the real good party based RPG it always was,with turn based option.not a feeble imitation of the modern action/adventure types of games.

Perhaps a phased combat system,which characters turn it is depends on a character's speed,weapon,inventory,...?
you first set all your actions,while the enemy sets theirs,and then the resulting actions.
would bring a problem for the commander class however...
I never used turn based in MM9 and also turn based did make it abit too easy in the earlier Might and Magics. But you are still right about strategic uses of certain spells. The problem is body specific damage is abit flawed if used in a turn based system.

I'll post abit more later. Quite tired. Just came back from a camp.

White Wizard
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby White Wizard » 16 Dec 2007, 13:49

I used real time combat in M&M only if the monsters became to weak for turn based tactics.
Body specific damage is a problem with turn based..maybe it should be part of a skill,with x procent chance to succeed(disabling the target) depending on mastery level of that skill.nice to have ya back btw

concerning skills:

Each class will have primary skills and traits
If they get promoted they gain new primary skill(s) and 2 new traits
The primary skills are the ones you can become grandmaster in.

secondary skills
if you make the right combination with primary skills the secondary become more effective,like for intance
the knight has power attack as a primary skill,if he learns body building as secondary skill the effectivness of that skill improves because of this "right belonging" skill

you can select a few skills(any skill) wich "intrests" the character the most,those skills will have some bonuses.
You can also select a skill if it doesn't intrest the character and then it will reset a few skill points every level up
,until you know the skill no more.

you can make a secondary skill a primary one only if you unlearn a primary one(set the character not interested)
although you must be carefull,because unlearning a primary skill can result in a lower mastery level for other secondary "right belonging" skills(or a higher) Once you lost that primary skill you'll never be able to learn it again/never be able to set it as primary again
The secondary skill you set as interested will replace the previous primary skill

Traits are class bounded skills and can't be messed with.The former "special attributes" are the traits for every class
you get two new when promoted

primary skills and starting traits

knight:power attack
Special trait:melee

Thief:pickpocket
special trait:criticale hit

Note:disarm trap,lockpicking specific to this class ?

Ranger:Ranged combat
Special trait:search(constantly)

Cleric:resistance(poison,disease,...)
Special trait:Self magical immunity

Druid:Druidic Oath(gets some bonuses if they stick on to this oath,or penalty if they do not stick to the oath
special trait:activate(druid circles,teleports(if there are any),ritual circles

Sorcerer:magical armour
Special trait:sorcery

note:wizardry for the archmage..

Secondary(will be for lots of diffrent things,not only combat specific,even funny ones,and quest specific skills(wich could be unlearned afterwards or you can keep it))

clothes:leather,plate,chain,shield,robe,skirt(speed bonus),costume,wig(disguise),make up(disguise) in combat
the diguise will come off :p gala outfits. I'd like some lighthearted humor in the game too.

Weapons:sword,staff,mace,axe,bow,spear,dagger,whip(others like orb are class specific,although i'd like the idea of quests were you must kill someone with a silly object like spoon or chickenleg,perhaps a skill "innovating weoponary" :p)

Magic:Air,earth,water,fire,mind,spirit,body,light,dark,(witchcraft,fiendcraft,mysticism,runelore,pyromancy,voodoo,herbalism)did i forget any?)

Other:perception,armsmaster,acrobacy,swimming,meditation,merchant,entertain,body building,learning,(disarm traps,lockpicking if not for thiefs)(and some more later)

will be tuned later as for the "class inventory"

accabear
Scout
Scout

Unread postby accabear » 18 Dec 2007, 06:19

You really are starting to build up on some great ideas there. You've gone much further into depth thinking about this than myself. i recommend you compile it. I can lend a hand if you want. Remember not too many skills, traits, extras, natural abilities. Otherwise it will mean you will have your work cut out for you to think up some particular thing that each skill does and what kind of bonuses it may provide. A general outline of how you would create a character and what kind of options may be open to him from the beginning would be good. Ie. How many skills he can choose, what skills are open to certain classes etc. Also too many skills and extras just would mean too much confusion.

Finally remember this is just a compilation of ideas. Nothing that will actually seriously go into a game. It's still great to put this kind of stuff together, abit of creativity and idea formulation. The kind of thing I quite enjoy. It would good if I could contact you outside of this forum or through an Instant Messaging service. I'll reread the last page of ideas... I'm kind of losing the plot here with my absences through last week and my copious time spent training late into the night at Command and Conquer before going to school the following morning.

BMJedi
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BMJedi » 20 Dec 2007, 03:59

Why are people spending so much effort writing design ideas for a MMX for which there is no indication that it will ever be produced?

Is it 'hope which springs eternal within the human breast' that someone from Ubisoft is reading all this and is planning to design a MMX?

If the 'powers that be' were actually planning to develop a new MM, and they had any marketing savvy at all, they would put out some indication or the other that a new MM was being considered, and then watch these forums like hawks.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen even the slightest hint that Ubisoft (who owns all MM rights) is even thinking of such a venture. There is no such thing as 'someone else' designing a MMX unless Ubisoft sells its rights to a third party.

So, again, my question, why are so many people spending so much time and effort brainstorming 'MMX'?

White Wizard
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby White Wizard » 20 Dec 2007, 13:32

Well I enjoy designing concepts in my spare time.In fact this is not my only game concept..I know ubisoft will probably not even see this M&M proposal,the most will not even care...But anywayz, i'll send a formal letter to the boss of ubisoft,when it's "done"...And if they don't use it I will personally see to it that this game will be developed sooner or later.
With other and better fitting "graphics" as the original M&M,another name etc..it will take more as one 3d animator so i'll need lots of other 3d animators to help me...

Help is always welcome..
I only have msn,i'm not that much online there.
And I live on the other side of the world too,accabear :p but we'll keep in though,one way or another.one days if spend time chatting through the nights again we could have contact through insant messaging..

about the proposal,more later when i actually have some time on my hands..with christmas i'm always wasted so probably after if not one of the days..those days i'm even too drunk to recognize myself...
meanwhile,cheers everyone

accabear
Scout
Scout

Unread postby accabear » 23 Dec 2007, 06:44

Hmm yeah well have a good Christmas and I quite agree with you there.

Ed Robinson
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ed Robinson » 25 Dec 2007, 16:05

Hopefully, if there is a X, it won't be put out by Arcane as I thought the Dark Mesiah really sucked and didn't finish it. I don't know any of the other companies out there because M&M and HOMM are the only games I really liked. I tried others but none kept my interest.

These ideas look good and I certainly hope someone will complete the project.

Return to “Might and Magic”