Favorite Weapon Skill

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Favorite weapon skill?

Sword
13%
Mace
4%
Staff
No votes
Dagger
17%
Unarmed
9%
Axe
26%
Spear
9%
Bow
22%
Thrown
No votes
Blaster
No votes

Total votes: 23

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 20 Nov 2007, 16:45

Yeah, what the gnome says. Without at least an rank 7 expert , they are pretty useless...I don't think they belong in the game eitherbut they do. Luckily they are NOT overpowerd ;|

CoffeeGnome
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby CoffeeGnome » 20 Nov 2007, 18:08

Yes Si-Fi has always been an important element in the MM series but apparently not enough to actually earn even one vote yet. Although I sigh as someone may just vote for it just to make me look foolish. :ill:

Suleman
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Suleman » 20 Nov 2007, 18:30

CoffeeGnome wrote:Yes Si-Fi has always been an important element in the MM series but apparently not enough to actually earn even one vote yet. Although I sigh as someone may just vote for it just to make me look foolish. :ill:
Blasters, unfortunately, are very uncool sci-fi weapons. I wish they had went for something more interesting, like sonic weapons or dimensional disruptors or rail guns or something.
"Yes, but what about David Beckham and the magic mushroom?"

I'm baaaaaack!

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 20 Nov 2007, 18:33

Fairy's wand? :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

CoffeeGnome
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby CoffeeGnome » 20 Nov 2007, 18:53

Pol wrote:Fairy's wand? :D
They have Fairy's wands, they are just not used as meele weapons. I don't think they would get a vote if they were.

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 20 Nov 2007, 20:29

CoffeeGnome wrote:Yes Si-Fi has always been an important element in the MM series but apparently not enough to actually earn even one vote yet. Although I sigh as someone may just vote for it just to make me look foolish. :ill:
Blasters are aviable only at the end of the game imho it`s natural that Blasters don`t have many "fans".

My favorite class was thief so obviously daggers for me.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 20 Nov 2007, 21:19

I had to go with bow. Considering all skills at GM level, there is nothing funner than watching a rain of 5000000 arrows/second from a Swift Bow.

Second is either daggers or maces. Lots of free hits with daggers, but potentially more free hits with the Mace's paralyzing ability.

And I hated blasters, not for the sci-fi element, but because they obsoleted every other weapon skill in the game. Might and Magic VIII was wise to forego them (and Escaton's one of the cooler robots I've met. :))
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

CoffeeGnome
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby CoffeeGnome » 20 Nov 2007, 21:41

Bandobras Took wrote:I had to go with bow. Considering all skills at GM level, there is nothing funner than watching a rain of 5000000 arrows/second from a Swift Bow.
That is why the English switched from the "composite longbow" to the "pluck longbow" during the 100-year war. Shooting faster can quickly make up for accuracy.

Alan06
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alan06 » 06 Dec 2007, 19:41

spears are the best. You can use halberds that do a lot of damage :D

Return to “Might and Magic”