MMIX Oddity Question

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

MMIX Oddity Question

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 05 Oct 2007, 22:48

Just out of curiousity, can anyone tell me what's with the little mini-Basalisks in the big room in the back?

accabear
Scout
Scout

Unread postby accabear » 06 Oct 2007, 02:43

What big room in what back? Where are you referring to? MM9 is really buggy so I am not surprised if it's some coding error or a stuck monster or something similar.

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 06 Oct 2007, 16:36

Oy! :wall: Must have been really tired when I posted that, sorry. In the Inventa Storca, in Thronhiem, there are six little mini-Basalisks that scatter if you come close. (This is easily circumvented by pegging them to death with projectiles, but that's a seperate concern. ;)) I was wondering why they were there.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 06 Oct 2007, 19:41

Don't know but maybe they pretended to be rats?
Or maybe they some basilmama considered that this library will be good place to hatch baby basils? There are plenty of basilisks outside Inventa Storca.

MM9 has more "strange" situations (and bugs of course) or half-ended plots.

accabear
Scout
Scout

Unread postby accabear » 07 Oct 2007, 03:55

A friend of mine mentioned something about a black chest (or maybe just a chest) in some alcove in the Inventa Storca and when you went in to the passage to loot the chest, some invisible barrier would prevent you from getting out.

Yeah MM9 is really buggy and half finished, lots of quests got left out, quest items which don't have quests attached to them are lieing around and don't get me started on the arena and water combat! By the way a small clap and hooray for you, you have just about reached 900 posts!

CoffeeGnome
Pixie
Pixie

Basalisks

Unread postby CoffeeGnome » 11 Oct 2007, 23:32

Those basalisks are just there to add a visual effect but there is a bonus. If you stand far enough away and use either poison or elemental blast spell upon them before you get too close, you can slay them and actually collect experience and treasure from them as if they were an actual basalisk. The same glitches that affect other visual aspects of the game affect them as well. These are free monsters that you can slay and get both experience and treasure from and yet do not attack back.

Return to “Might and Magic”