Question about lich promotion mm7

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
ShadoMan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Question about lich promotion mm7

Unread postby ShadoMan » 25 Sep 2007, 15:36

So ive beaten mm8 a few times and played mm6 a bunch, but i had never played mm7. Until now. Maybe because im so used to the style of 6-8 , i feel i need to speedrun it. I'll play it slowly through the second time or somthing, but right now im just pounding through. Except I hit a kind of snag. I was doing the lich promotion quest in thunderfist mountain, and when I went to return the lich jars, it wouldnt complete the quest. So I reloaded to an older save because I thought I remembered reading something about it here on the faq's. I don't really understand what it means though. Do I need to do the celeste place first or something?

...And i kinda hit another problem. I was completely loaded on cash, then I decided to nuke every city with armeggedan and finish a bunch of quests(i wanted lotsa xp) then I trained my guys and now... im more then broke, Do I need like 2 dupers and high merchant skills all the time?

It feel's the second I get the fly spell, I just have to speed run it as fast as I can, and the second I get fly AND invisibility AND town portal I just need to GOGOGO... Makes me kinda sad. And it makes mm8 to easy because of a lvl 5 dragon with like a lvl 500 bow skill by the time he's level 10 and and more health then a knight who can also you get fly with a few levels and a bunch of horseshoes.

These games need to be harder to exploit.

Secret_Holder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Secret_Holder » 25 Sep 2007, 17:10

Do I need to do the celeste place first or something?
I't not a question of doing Celeste first, it's a question of only doing Celeste.
The lich jars required for the promotion are those found in The Walls of Mist. The ones in Thunderfist mountain are for a completely different quest.

ShadoMan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ShadoMan » 26 Sep 2007, 00:27

Well it says to return it to a certain guy. So I guy to that guy that it says too which is also the same guy i get the thunder mountain quest from with the lich jars, and he says i don't have them... so whats up?

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 26 Sep 2007, 02:31

ShadoMan wrote:Well it says to return it to a certain guy. So I guy to that guy that it says too which is also the same guy i get the thunder mountain quest from with the lich jars, and he says i don't have them... so whats up?
Err, no. Unless I am very much mistaken, you get the Thunderfist Mountain jars for Maximus; you get the Walls of Mist Promotion Jars for Halfgild Wynac. The former are in a box and bluish, the latter are individual jars and clear. Maximus is the green guy with armor, Halfgild Wynac (note spelling might be off...) is a Lich.

Secret_Holder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Secret_Holder » 26 Sep 2007, 13:48

This green Maximus.. Is he same as the one from heroes I and II?

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 26 Sep 2007, 14:43

Secret_Holder wrote:This green Maximus.. Is he same as the one from heroes I and II?
Yes and no - he has very similar picture:
My previous post in another topic
...but he arrived on Antagarich past H1 and H2 story.

dcinroc
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dcinroc » 28 Sep 2007, 16:59

Well it says to return it to a certain guy. So I guy to that guy that it says too which is also the same guy i get the thunder mountain quest from with the lich jars, and he says i don't have them... so whats up?
Those are two different quests.

The Thunderfist Mountain quest is for one of the Advisors (I forget which), but the Lich promotion requires jars from The Walls of Mist in Celeste.

You also have to be sure to have a jar in each character's inventory, otherwise you won't be promoted.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 28 Sep 2007, 17:11

Secret_Holder wrote:This green Maximus.. Is he same as the one from heroes I and II?
Basically, the answer is yes. They are the same person. However, for storyline intents and purposes, we ignore the fact that he was in Heroes I and II as most of the characters within were ripped out of earlier installments, and canonically can't actually be there at that time or place. They're only there for gameplay purposes.

The Warlock, Kastore, and the Barbarian, Crag Hack, suffered the very same fate. They were in MM3 and Heroes I and II, though not 'really' in Heroes I and II. They only ever actually arrived on that world around the time of Heroes III. Also, there are multiple Crag Hacks - the one from Heroes III, a human, is different to the Dwarf from MM3.

It may be interesting to note that Maximus is in fact a Half-Orc, not a Goblin or whatever.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 28 Sep 2007, 19:38

Corlagon wrote:
Basically, the answer is yes. They are the same person. However, for storyline intents and purposes, we ignore the fact that he was in Heroes I and II as most of the characters within were ripped out of earlier installments, and canonically can't actually be there at that time or place. They're only there for gameplay purposes.

The Warlock, Kastore, and the Barbarian, Crag Hack, suffered the very same fate. They were in MM3 and Heroes I and II, though not 'really' in Heroes I and II. They only ever actually arrived on that world around the time of Heroes III. Also, there are multiple Crag Hacks - the one from Heroes III, a human, is different to the Dwarf from MM3.

It may be interesting to note that Maximus is in fact a Half-Orc, not a Goblin or whatever.
I'd like to add that I STRONGLY suspect that Heroes 1 and 2's Vatawna is in fact, Resurrectra who they probably remamed in H1 due to lack of space or whatever else reason. She looks identical to MM3's Resurrectra, and looks gnomish enough.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 28 Sep 2007, 19:53

Good find, I don't think anyone noticed that. ;) I'm quite glad they didn't use Vatawna as Resurrectra. I could never picture her with green hair. The MM7 portrait was best IMHO.

Secret_Holder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Secret_Holder » 28 Sep 2007, 20:40

That actually is a very good find! ;)
Never noticed that.

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 28 Sep 2007, 22:03

Resurrectra's face-thingy is different though. Vatawna's is just a gold chain going from her earring to her nose. (And yeah, her hair is different too.)

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 28 Sep 2007, 22:58

However, Kastore looks entirely different from MM3 in MM7. He's almost light blue in MM3, whereas in MM7 he looks just like a normal Elf with some top-notch armour. Same thing happened to Corak, who was originally teal.

I wonder if Vatawna, like roughly all of the other Heroes I characters, appeared in MM4 or 5?

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 29 Sep 2007, 02:37

Corlagon wrote: I wonder if Vatawna, like roughly all of the other Heroes I characters, appeared in MM4 or 5?
She appeared in 4. She was in a tent near ummm rivercity perhaps?

But I remember her mainly from heroes 2.

Return to “Might and Magic”