100 Questions About the World of Might and Magic

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 25 Sep 2007, 19:48

Secret_Holder wrote:
- Canonically, which side claimed victory in Might and Magic VII? Did Kastore actually complete the Forge or did Resurrectra revive the Gate? While the former was part of the original AB story, I am tempted to believe that the latter won, because otherwise Judges Fairweather and Sleen would not be alive...
I think canonically the Forge was (or should be) built, because if I am not mistaken, NWC did intend to add another town to AB called (yes you guessed right) Forge.
Picture: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Forge.jpg
Well, in AB plot we have judge Fairweather and judge Sleen from MM7. They maybe clue which site wins in MM7 but unfortunately there isn't any mention who of them is/was Harmondale's judge.
Secret_Holder wrote:Aren't MM1 Crag Hack and MM3 Crag Hack one and the same?
No, they aren't

Image Image

Besides team from MM3 is another pack of adventurers than team from VARN and CRON (MM1-2).
And Crag Hack from MM3 arrived on Antagarich sometimes when RoE take place and Crag Hack from Heroes series arrived on this continent in SoD (10 years or less before RoE).
Pol wrote:What is the Gate?
Simply answer - it is another name of heroes' magic portal but with far more range.
Long answer - it is gate to another world - or rather gate/portal/magic mirror to (space) station and The Wire from where you can go to lots of worlds - it's Ancients' star gates system. ;)

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 25 Sep 2007, 20:15

This may be a lot to ask but could someone use MM7EDIT to extract and upload both of Might and Magic VII's endings at Mediafire or somewhere? Preferably in English. I don't have the game with me myself and I'd like to look at the part with Corak in some more detail.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 25 Sep 2007, 20:41

There are some bad quality Polish ending on YouTube - if you want just watch cutscenes, then here are links (my advice: turn off voice):
Gate, Corak and Beta 5 Station
Kastore and Heavenly Forge

But someone calls RPGenie put his walkthrough videos through MM games on Youtube - so wait few weeks and maybe he put also MM7 ending in English (as I can see, he already finished or is close to finish MM5).

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 25 Sep 2007, 20:46

Thanks Avonu. I knew about those videos but I'd really like to listen to them in English. I've unfortunately forgotten most of what was said in them (apart from Kastore's insane laughter) and I really need to listen to what Corak says, to try and see if he has any connection with the one who kills Sheltem.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 25 Sep 2007, 21:16

Thank you both, it was refreshing. :D

In his profile (RPGenie) last mm5 video is from MM5 043: Refreshing Soul Water. So now you can estimate how far he's from end.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

matgaw
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby matgaw » 25 Sep 2007, 21:55

He says, that he isn't that Corak from older M&M games and he thinks, that that Corak is already dead, but isn't sure about it.

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 25 Sep 2007, 22:25

On the topic of which MM7 side won in Conflux-version AB:
Armageddon's Blade wrote:Early in the morning, the runner you sent to consult with Judge Fairweather returns. He is tired, weak, and suffering from lack of sleep, yet he has returned. A letter is stored in his things and found after he collapsed. The letter opened, you read the following:

"In answer to your queries, I shall tell you this, young Gelu of the Forest Guard. The Unholy Order of the Sons of Erebus is a near monastic order of demoniacs and heretics sharing one desire, to carry out the wishes of their liege, King Lucifer.

All are well trained and seasoned veterans. The most evil and devious of their order is the one called Xeron. According to what I have been able to learn, he is their current leader; hand picked by King Lucifer himself for the job.

Though times for them may look grim, never count one out, for they enjoy cheating. There is always some trick up their sleeve. Trust them not even if they should choose to surrender. Good fortune on your quest." -- Judge Fairweather, Arbiter and Sage

And to add to the list:

--How much of the plot changed when the Forge was dropped and in what ways?

I kind of got the impression Gelu's nationality changed, which side won MM7 flipped, probably Masters of the Elements was altered (seeing as there wasn't originally going to be a Conflux), and maybe Fiery Moon was shifted around a little bit too. And maybe MM8...

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 25 Sep 2007, 23:45

Arent MotE and FM (cronicle campaigns) written after armagedons blade in the first place.... So there would be no need for altering, just continuing on AB facts.

Secret_Holder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Secret_Holder » 25 Sep 2007, 23:50

And Crag Hack from MM3 arrived on Antagarich sometimes when RoE take place and Crag Hack from Heroes series arrived on this continent in SoD (10 years or less before RoE).
Never said they were the same person ;)

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 26 Sep 2007, 02:23

Ya5MieL wrote:Arent MotE and FM (cronicle campaigns) written after armagedons blade in the first place...
That's my point. Armageddon's Blade was changed from its original concept (Conflux and Kreegan invasion instead of Forge and Kastore and co., Armageddon's Blade being forged by the bad guys rather than found by the good guys to stop the bad guys), ergo anything written after it could have/might have been altered as well.

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 26 Sep 2007, 03:28

Perhaps we are just misunderstanding each other. I simply said that at time AB was made, there was no MoTE or FM, so they could not be altered if the stories didn't exist at all.

Anyway, this is of minor importance, looking forward to news in this thread.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 26 Sep 2007, 12:13

Gelu's nationality changed, eh? So he wan't originally a half-Vori Elf?

I suspect that 3DO planned to release the Conflux with a second expansion, to continue the AB story. When the fans got mad, they had to introduce the Conflux far too early to fill the gap left by the missing Forge, and had no new towns left to make an interesting follow-up story, so they scrapped a proper sequel and dazzled us with a prologue to the original in Shadow of Death. So even if the Chronicles were written beforehand, I'm pretty sure they were planned to include Confluxes anyway.

Secret_Holder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Secret_Holder » 26 Sep 2007, 13:50

Kareeah Indaga wrote:
Ya5MieL wrote:Arent MotE and FM (cronicle campaigns) written after armagedons blade in the first place...
That's my point. Armageddon's Blade was changed from its original concept (Conflux and Kreegan invasion instead of Forge and Kastore and co., Armageddon's Blade being forged by the bad guys rather than found by the good guys to stop the bad guys), ergo anything written after it could have/might have been altered as well.
Yes, it could seem that the heroes were meant to find it, as that's clearly what the intro video shows...

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 26 Sep 2007, 14:45

Corlagon wrote:Gelu's nationality changed, eh? So he wan't originally a half-Vori Elf?
I said nationality, not race. ;) And I'm only guessing, based on the switch between the mainstream Heroes and SoF, and a couple of fan sites. I don't know for sure. He might have been AvLeen (rather than Erathian) before the switch, if my impression was correct. It might not be, it might just be a case of fans and developers alike getting confused because he's a Ranger instead of a Knight, and thus assuming he was AvLeen since most of their heroes are Rangers.
Corlagon wrote:I suspect that 3DO planned to release the Conflux with a second expansion, to continue the AB story. When the fans got mad, they had to introduce the Conflux far too early to fill the gap left by the missing Forge, and had no new towns left to make an interesting follow-up story, so they scrapped a proper sequel and dazzled us with a prologue to the original in Shadow of Death. So even if the Chronicles were written beforehand, I'm pretty sure they were planned to include Confluxes anyway.
I'm thinking it's more likely they would have just used the Elementals as neutrals and substitued different towns. It would be easy enough to replace most/all of the Confluxes in MotE with Towers and a few Elemental dwellings, and the Conflux in FM with a Forge since they had the gate to off-world so convieniently close already...

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 26 Sep 2007, 15:17

Corlagon wrote:I've unfortunately forgotten most of what was said in them (apart from Kastore's insane laughter) and I really need to listen to what Corak says, to try and see if he has any connection with the one who kills Sheltem.
Corak said (more or less):
Corak: - Greetings. I am Corak. Come in.
Someone: - Corak? We saw you have crashed on (world of) Xeen. How you survived?
Corak: - Forgive me. I am Corak but not that Corak. That Corak who you saw crashed is rather dead... but who knows? It is hardly to kill us. This is station Beta 5 which I am Guardian. Gates System (The Wire?) was built about 1000 years ago. But before war we couldn't build portal on your world. Fight with the Kreegan absorbed all Ancients' resources.
Someone: - Which of them (portals) connect to Ancients?
Corak: I am affraid that none. When 900 years agon the Kreegan penetrated the Wire all rim of axle was disconected from rest. [pointing some star below him] We are here and this star above is a place from where you come.
Someone: - And what about another gates? Where they lead?
Corak: To another worlds where long time ago were the Ancients. Through time of war all of them degenerated to barbarism state. I would help them but I am not allowed to leave this place. And throughout gates can't pass no one without Control Cubes.
Someone: - So, where we can go from this place?
Corak: - Go? All where do you want, my friends. All where do you want.

when Kastore said (more or less):
Kastore: - It should be enough/It should be work.
Goblin: - No, no, no...
[blast]
Kastore: - Muhahaha... I think we have right to say that our last victory will be begining of new era. Cheers to rulers of this new world. Cheers for us!
Someone: For us!

And I really curios how these texts were in English (you know - someone who never played MM7 + translation = something maybe missing).

Ethermancer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ethermancer » 26 Sep 2007, 18:56

As requested, here's a transcript from the English version of the game:

--

Adventurer: That ought to do it.

Corak: Welcome. I am Corak. Please come in.

Adventurer: Corak? We saw you crash on Xeen! How could you have survived?

Corak: My apologies. I am a Corak, not the Corak. The Corak you saw crash was not me, and he may very well have died in that crash. Then again, perhaps not. We are very hard to kill. This is Webstation Beta 5, and I am the Guardian. The Gate System was built about a thousand years ago, but we never got a destination portal set up on your world before the war. The war against the Kreegan consumed all the resources of the Ancients.

Adventurer: Which one leads to the Ancients?

Corak: None of them, I’m afraid. When the Kreegan infiltrated the Gate Web 900 years ago, the entire Spinward Rim was cut off from the rest of the system. That’s where we are right now, and that star over there is where you just came from.

Adventurer: What about all these other gates? Where do they lead?

Corak: Other worlds seeded by the Ancients long ago. They all fell into barbarism during the war. I would help them, but I am not permitted to leave this place. And I get very little traffic. The gates prevent people without control cubes from passing through them.

Adventurer: So where can we go from here?

Corak: Go? (laugh) Why, anywhere you want, my friends. Anywhere you want.

--

I think the gist of the Dark Side ending is pretty plain.

By the way guys, these discussions are always fantastic reads. Please keep it up!
Would you kindly pick up that short-wave radio?

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 26 Sep 2007, 18:58

Yes, it could seem that the heroes were meant to find it, as that's clearly what the intro video shows...
I've been wondering... is there a special intro video for Armageddon's Blade? I never bought the standalone disc so if there is one, I haven't seen it. Would anyone be able to post a screenshot or two, please?
I said nationality, not race. And I'm only guessing, based on the switch between the mainstream Heroes and SoF, and a couple of fan sites. I don't know for sure. He might have been AvLeen (rather than Erathian) before the switch, if my impression was correct. It might not be, it might just be a case of fans and developers alike getting confused because he's a Ranger instead of a Knight, and thus assuming he was AvLeen since most of their heroes are Rangers.
Hmm... still, we don't even know Gelu's nationality. It would seem to me that he's almost definitely from Vori, and somehow ended up on Antagarich's coast soon after his birth. He was only a baby when Kendal found him. AvLee and Erathia are allied nations for the most part (apart from the Harmondale dispute) so I'd guess Gelu had ties with both. The Forest Guard appears to be something of a collaboration between AvLee and Erathia, since it defends the borderlands of both nations. Its old leader, Caleb, was an AvLeen Elf if I remember, and Gelu was for all intents and purposes an Erathian.
I'm thinking it's more likely they would have just used the Elementals as neutrals and substitued different towns. It would be easy enough to replace most/all of the Confluxes in MotE with Towers and a few Elemental dwellings, and the Conflux in FM with a Forge since they had the gate to off-world so convieniently close already...
You'd probably get away with it in the Fiery Moon, though you'd still need Conflux heroes, Psychic / Magic Elementals and Phoenixes for MotE, otherwise the last three scenarios would either be unplayable or really tacky. I was actually intrigued when the action shifted from Towers to Confluxes. It gave me the impression that Tarnum really was trying to beat the Elemental Lords at their own game.
Corak said (more or less) etc...
Thank you very much! Still, I'd really like to get my hands on the endings in English. The first one seems to be a major source of info about the Ancients, and some things may have been lost in the translation.

Okay, a small edit:
As requested, here's a transcript from the English version of the game:
Many thanks! I'm really grateful! The Spinward Rim... sounds mysterious...

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 26 Sep 2007, 19:02

Corlagon wrote:I've been wondering... is there a special intro video for Armageddon's Blade? I never bought the standalone disc so if there is one, I haven't seen it. Would anyone be able to post a screenshot or two, please?
There was nothing of much relevance in intro. Gelu, Catherine, Roland and a sharpshooter running through forest, battling some goblins and a minotaur on the way. They reach a cave where Armagedonns Blade floats above ground.

Is someone wants the movie, it can be d/l here
http://www.gimpoz.hr/~dperko/Files/H3X1intr.smk

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 26 Sep 2007, 19:43

Corlagon wrote:I've been wondering... is there a special intro video for Armageddon's Blade? I never bought the standalone disc so if there is one, I haven't seen it. Would anyone be able to post a screenshot or two, please?
Ya5MieL wrote: Is someone wants the movie, it can be d/l here
http://www.gimpoz.hr/~dperko/Files/H3X1intr.smk
There are also screenshots at Archangel Castle, IIRC.

Secret_Holder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Secret_Holder » 28 Sep 2007, 15:27

- Was Lord Haart a cultist of Deyja before Heroes I, or after Heroes II?
As Heroes I and II is in Enroth, he problably isn't loyal to Deyja, but he may have been allied with the Necromancer Guild of Enroth.

Return to “Might and Magic”